2013/14 Football season chat

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

koopa42

Re: 2013/14 Football season chat

Post by koopa42 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:30 pm

IronMaidenRule wrote:4-4 Draw against Preston, would have taken a draw when we were 2-1 down but we were leading at 3-2. Attendance of 2,000 odd at Northampton, rumors circulating that SISU idiots were handing out free tickets around Northampton to boost the attendance.
A rats, I could not give. SISU out.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:12 am

Seems that Spurs are attempting to squeeze an extra few Euros out of Real.

Would be interesting to see if RM decide to pull out at the last minute, given (presumably) Bale's mindset and the amount of cash that Spurs have laid out (presumably on the assumption that Gareth is going). As good player as he is, he's worth nowhere near the supposed £86m price-tag. If he stays and has an average season for Spurs, then he'll be worth (at best) half that amount next year.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

lanky316

Post by lanky316 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:45 am

paranoid marvin wrote:Seems that Spurs are attempting to squeeze an extra few Euros out of Real.

the amount of cash that Spurs have laid out (presumably on the assumption that Gareth is going)..
Spurs have only got a net spend of £22 million and that doesn't include the boost from the new TV deals so are in the black even without selling Bale. I suspect a big part of it is the likelihood that he is going as the extra money would be useful for the new stadium and gave them extra to play with to spend out on players but it's not completely down to the Bale deal.

In other news... Stevenage won a league game :D

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:24 am

Its only a cup game so i dont care but the scoreline is shocking...

Peterborough 6 Reading 0

Pathetic display by the Royals, had high hopes for this season, decent start in the championship, with quite a strong side i never thought they would lose like this. Terrible

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:27 pm

Been enjoying the football coverage on the BT Sport channels, especially the Serie A and Ligue 1 round-ups. Some good players in those average Italian sides, surprised some of them haven't been snapped up by some Premier League teams.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:31 pm

IronMaidenRule wrote:Been enjoying the football coverage on the BT Sport channels, especially the Serie A and Ligue 1 round-ups. Some good players in those average Italian sides, surprised some of them haven't been snapped up by some Premier League teams.
I used to watch Football Italia (was it?) on channel 4 through the 90s and yep you really do see some gems who later on pop up playing in the chumpions league and you think oh yeah! he was ace LOLOLOL

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:44 pm

koopa42 wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:Been enjoying the football coverage on the BT Sport channels, especially the Serie A and Ligue 1 round-ups. Some good players in those average Italian sides, surprised some of them haven't been snapped up by some Premier League teams.
I used to watch Football Italia (was it?) on channel 4 through the 90s and yep you really do see some gems who later on pop up playing in the chumpions league and you think oh yeah! he was ace LOLOLOL
Its also quiet useful for a bit of Football Manager scouting and looking up potential players :wink:

Football Italia was great, think it was highlights of last weeks games and a live match.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:07 am

ha ha Callum Wilson scores a few goals and BOOM! Not for sale LOLOL SISU will have 10p and a packet of crisps lined up for him already!

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:31 am

koopa42 wrote:ha ha Callum Wilson scores a few goals and BOOM! Not for sale LOLOL SISU will have 10p and a packet of crisps lined up for him already!
Its been amazing this week, three of our first team have apparently been training with Sheffield United! :lol: , like you said SISU have denied it all bit we all know they will only cost half a Curly Whirly and a can of Tizer.....and thats my final offer!!

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:54 am

IronMaidenRule wrote: Its been amazing this week, three of our first team have apparently been training with Sheffield United! :lol: , like you said SISU have denied it all bit we all know they will only cost half a Curly Whirly and a can of Tizer.....and thats my final offer!!
Serious? Where did you read that and what players? I need this info to rant at SISU fans with

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:49 am

koopa42 wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote: Its been amazing this week, three of our first team have apparently been training with Sheffield United! :lol: , like you said SISU have denied it all bit we all know they will only cost half a Curly Whirly and a can of Tizer.....and thats my final offer!!
Serious? Where did you read that and what players? I need this info to rant at SISU fans with
Carl Baker, John Fleck and Callum Wilson, although Wilson is aparently a rumoured bid. I think the rumours started on some Sheffield United fan sites about Carl Baker and John Fleck, then Cov fans got hold of it and it went all over Sky Blues Talk, that is the only CCFC that seems active at the moment, loads of abuse between those going to Northampton and those staying away.

I can't see Carl Baker leaving to be honest, Pressley seems to like him and he is the club captain, Fleck seems like the most likely to leave, don't think he has played at all this season.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:12 pm

Wrexham 0 - 2 Chester :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

If anyone sees me sitting in the corner of a room, rocking back and forth curled up in the foetal position, bottom lip quivering - this is why.

dste

Post by dste » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:36 pm

Transfer deadline day and up until now it's been a bit crap in my opinion.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:05 pm

dste wrote:Transfer deadline day and up until now it's been a bit crap in my opinion.

The window is so long that most deals have been done before the season started. Far more interesting is the half-season window, when teams are much more deperate to turn around a poor season.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:37 am

Maybe just scrap the transfer window altogether, it's a drag on football.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."