Post by paranoid marvin » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:56 pm

recorded this on Sky+ as a few of you guys seem to rate it

About 15 mins in to 1st ep , seems slow going
I assume it picks up?
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:59 pm

First episode is boring. Seen the third here, and it gets better.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:07 pm

You'd think a brand new series would start with a bit of a bang
can't believe how dull this series opener is up to now

I'm always a bit wary of US tv series , as the producers are liable to pull the plug at any time,leaving you with cliff-hanging series finale and no
more episodes.Even more wary when the new series airs on Bravo (so no HD either :cry: ) rather than SkyOne,although presumably if it does become popular,Sky will simply take it off them
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:09 pm

It has been on the Sci-Fi channel for the last couple of weeks.

paranoid marvin

Re:

Post by paranoid marvin » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:16 pm

SirClive wrote:It has been on the Sci-Fi channel for the last couple of weeks.
Sorry,yeah I meant Sci-Fi - but still worrying that a new US series isn't on
C4/SkyOne (although i do like Sci-Fi channel)
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

RivaOni

Post by RivaOni » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:40 pm

Sky One's already cluttered enough....

I've never really gotten into much TV of late, other than Top Gear the only other things I enjoy are Torchwood and Most Haunted, but I do really like this so far.

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:44 pm

I suggest you stick with it. It's starting(started?) on BBC2 as well.

I'm up to episode 17 through torrents and it just gets better and better. It's certainly one of the most interesting series out there at the moment.

I agree episode 1 is slow to say the least, but I downloaded the 1st 3 in one go, so I felt compelled to watch them and I'm sure glad I did.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:53 pm

heard great things, when i've cleared up my hard drive/bought a second one i'll download.
Join the Retroleague, dip in and out or compete to be the best, everyone welcome! https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/retroleague/

psj3809

Re:

Post by psj3809 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:34 am

RivaOni wrote:Most Haunted
(snigger)

The missus watches some of this, find it funny as anything, all this 'Blair Witch' style camera work and they jump a mile if theres a little noise or that, some of the nutters they get on this truely are funny.

Comedy gold

RivaOni

Post by RivaOni » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:48 am

It used to be pretty good, and semi believable, now it is just a joke and everythingsblown out of proportion, plus the camera never seems to leave Evette's nostrils.

Dudley

Re:

Post by Dudley » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:24 am

RivaOni wrote:It used to be pretty good, and semi believable, now it is just a joke and everythingsblown out of proportion, plus the camera never seems to leave Evette's nostrils.
The best mistake they made was when Derek was supposedly "hearing" a name from "someone".

And then when ahead and totally mispronounced it in a way he only could have if he'd read it on paper instead.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

P-Head

Post by P-Head » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:07 am

Derek Acorah is hilarious. I rememember that one when he was \"possessed\" by some guy who had killed a bunch of children and he threw a lamp at Yvette. Funny stuff. Also, the one in a nightclub or theatre (I think) where he was channeling a spirit with the cheesiest cockney accent ever was pretty funny too.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:39 pm

Its complete censored to watch, but great to participate.

I am helping out on a Haunted Hotel investigation this Saturday.
Starts with a showing of Ghostbusters (for a laugh and so people don't get too freaked out). Then a nice 3 course meal and loads of beer.
Then we will have a medium giving his opinions on the venue and the areas that are most likely to reveal paranormal activity. Then we start the investigations. Have don't it before and it was a great laugh.
This time I am leading a group (of about 10) in some of the investigations. Because I am a skeptic (or non believer, depending on how I feel), I have volounteered to look after the cellar where they have apparently had the most unexplained activity (probably because that is where the wine is kept!).

Problem is that I am going to the pub to watch the Liverpool game at lunch, so by the time I get to the hotel I may well be a little... er... merry.

1500graham

Re:

Post by 1500graham » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:10 pm

P-Head wrote:Derek Acorah is hilarious. I rememember that one when he was "possessed" by some guy who had killed a bunch of children and he threw a lamp at Yvette. Funny stuff. Also, the one in a nightclub or theatre (I think) where he was channeling a spirit with the cheesiest cockney accent ever was pretty funny too.
When Most Haunted first came out it caught my attention & seemed really interesting, but Acorah (due to becoming possessed more often than Linda Blair) soon became the main attraction & they began building the entire programme around him. When they turned up at a location & nothing spooky happened, hey presto, Acorah would suddenly become host to some evil spirit & start chanting a demonic incantation of some sort. True he is hilarious, but at the same time absolutely ridiculous & for me the show lost all of it's credibility. The nail in the coffin lid came when Uri Gella guest starred & the two nutcases ended up in a physic showdown, both trying to out perform the other.
I'd pay to watch Acorah & Gella go head to head in a physic Scanners type battle & the winner could take Yvette (Blue Peter) Fielding home!

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:45 pm

I much preferred The 4400 over heroes. Watched all 3 seasons and always enjoyed it. I'm onto about episode 9 of Heroes and it's nowhere near grabbed me as much.