Off to Thailand. Any retro gaming shops?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

HalcyonDaze00

Re: Off to Thailand. Any retro gaming shops?

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:50 pm

ChipTune wrote:I am back!!! but for how long?

Thailand was amazing. The UK sucks so bad and I am going to head back in July.. maybe permanently.

Ban was for a joke I made about the mods being poindexter nerds throwing their (non-existent) weight around on the forum by imposing silly rules.

No doubt this statement alone will get me another ban.. but hey. who cares right? Thailand baby! Life is good.

All my retro crap is getting sold.. Don't need it anymore. Using my PSP for emulators was great on holiday, and will do me fine from now on.

:D
great to see you back Chippers, glad you enjoyed your holiday.

Right choice in going down the emulation route, its far far better.

Hope you stick around, be a shame if you are driven from the forum.

And get your blog updated!

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Mon May 13, 2013 3:34 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote: great to see you back Chippers, glad you enjoyed your holiday.

How's he being driven from the forum? I swear no one ever sees his posts before he edits them, he's an offensive little fool who let's remember, on his first account, did some very dodgy dealings trade wise - what next, we welcome back eak with welcome arms?

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon May 13, 2013 4:06 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote: Hope you stick around, be a shame if you are driven from the forum.

Why drag that up? I told you via PM about the rude stuff which was posted and reported by a forum regular which led to the ban. If you aren't happy about what happened email Darren to complain

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue May 14, 2013 5:43 am

Space_turnip wrote:- what next, we welcome back eak with welcome arms?
Some say he's been back here for a while already under a different name...
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Tue May 14, 2013 8:21 am

gman72 wrote:
Do they? :? Haven't heard that one it must be said!

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue May 14, 2013 10:07 am

Space_turnip wrote:
HalcyonDaze00 wrote: great to see you back Chippers, glad you enjoyed your holiday.

How's he being driven from the forum? I swear no one ever sees his posts before he edits them, he's an offensive little fool who let's remember, on his first account, did some very dodgy dealings trade wise - what next, we welcome back eak with welcome arms?
This place is getting so stagnant and dull, you need a few fireworks to keep it entertaining :)

Syntesis

Post by Syntesis » Tue May 14, 2013 11:27 am

If you feel the need to make ladyboy jokes when the topic of Thailand comes up, you are up there with those who make dead prostitute and midget jokes.

In other words you are a completely unfunny boarish antelope.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Tue May 14, 2013 11:32 am

Space_turnip wrote:
gman72 wrote:
Do they? :? Haven't heard that one it must be said!
Some folk reckon Snowkatt is EAK - it's not likely, and I'm not one of them, but nothing surprises me anymore about this place!
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Tue May 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Rayne wrote:
Space_turnip wrote:

This place is getting so stagnant and dull, you need a few fireworks to keep it entertaining :)
No doubt, but seeing as 90% of what chip writes offends 2 people and then he edits the bloody post anyway, whats the point? Seems to be a case where the enemy of my enemy is m friend at the moment on here - seemingy forgetting mr Tune's colourful past on the forum.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Tue May 14, 2013 12:07 pm

Not to cause any more bother (of course) but do you mean:

He edits his posts after he gets replies (troll'esq)? Making those replies look harsh/dodgy/incorrect

or

He edits his posts after people kick off in a vain effort to subdue any further bennys and trying to calm the situation?

or

Mods edit the posts and tell nobody f##k all, then people assume he's edited them?

ChipTune

Post by ChipTune » Tue May 14, 2013 12:11 pm

Chiptune posted lots of stuff and finished off with his best comment since he returned as chiptune.

'So long losers!!!!'
Last edited by ChipTune on Tue May 14, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Tue May 14, 2013 12:11 pm

Syntesis wrote:If you feel the need to make ladyboy jokes when the topic of Thailand comes up, you are up there with those who make dead prostitute and midget jokes.

In other words you are a completely unfunny boarish c*nt.
Agreed. The ladyboy jokes and the 'mild' homophobia veering their heads recently are pathetic. It's like bad 70's comedy is still funny to some people here. Which it's not.

@thb: Snowkatt? Really? But they're in different countries. I know I stated ages ago that snowkatt was mr V (a stupid comment which I apologised for :oops: ), but it amazes me anyone thinks snowkatt is eak - especially since he's up there with the most generous members of the forum trade wise.

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Tue May 14, 2013 12:13 pm

koopa42 wrote:Not to cause any more bother (of course) but do you mean:

He edits his posts after he gets replies (troll'esq)? Making those replies look harsh/dodgy/incorrect

or

He edits his posts after people kick off in a vain effort to subdue any further bennys and trying to calm the situation?

or

Mods edit the posts and tell nobody f##k all, then people assume he's edited them?
First one. He did it with his first accounts after mouthing off at everyone on the forum, he came back denied he was ever on the forum before (he's still never admitted it afaik) and then several times since i've caught him doing it - most memorably whe he went on some stupid racist rant and then edited it.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Tue May 14, 2013 12:15 pm

Ah, thanks. I only asked because I read about that sort of thing on the trolling part of Failblog recently.

Syntesis

Post by Syntesis » Tue May 14, 2013 12:17 pm

ChipTune wrote: Syntesis - Not sure if your bile was aimed at me. But for the record, I didn't make any ladyboy jokes. In fact, I had a Kathoey (Ladyboy) girlfriend on Koh Tao for 2 weeks. She worked in the cabaret and was beautiful. Yes, she had a wang, but so what? I have nothing but respect for them all.
It wasn't aimed at you and I didn't see whatever it is that got deleted so I think you got the wrong end of the stick. I think it's wonderful that you got to know one, they're good people unlike some of the ironing boards in this thread.