What are you listening to right now?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

the_hawk

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by the_hawk » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:14 am

Been listening to a LOT of Janis Joplin in the past couple of weeks... Then last night I found out there was a documentary about her on iPlayer.

Dear lord that girl had a voice. Tragic.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:30 am

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... N3IvN6tNSj

Los Straitjackets - Guys in lucha masks playing surfer rock

dste

Post by dste » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:22 pm

Within Temptation - The Heart of Everything
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:31 am

Downloaded the new BabyMetal and giving it a listen on way to work. Pretty damn good! Awadama Fever is catchy as hell.

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:41 am

Robbers and Cowards by The Cold War Kids

St John is an amazing song and has even crept into my solo set.
Going Solo...................

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:09 am

Sel Feena wrote:Downloaded the new BabyMetal and giving it a listen on way to work. Pretty damn good! Awadama Fever is catchy as hell.
Listening to it now and so far it's a bit of a disappointment. Aside from Karate I'm not hearing anything as fun or catchy as Megitsune, Iie ne or Gimmie Chokko.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:10 pm

Last saturday I was out for lunch in the pub and there was a song playing that I thought was really ace. I made a mental note to track it down. Today I finally got around to doing it and the song turned out to be "Solitary Man" by a band called HIM.

What I really like about this is that the song is a cover of a 1966 Neil Diamond hit. It's also been covered by, well, just about everyone! :lol:

I've had different versions of it playing on and off through the day. To have so many covers it must be a well known song yet I'd never heard it before last week. A great song that's found me at last I guess.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:07 am

Phone Power by They Might Be Giants.
Bought the special edition as ,well , I wanted to. Highlights for me are almost all of it,but Psychological Reasons and ECNALUBMA are my top ones.
The video for Psychological Reasons reminds me of me and my missus.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:25 am

Currently listening to my son who is upstairs playing on his guitar and singing along to a selection of Pulp and cure songs.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:34 am

Blaze Bayleys new album, Infinite Entanglement! Not bad at all, feels like it should have been the proper follow up to The Tenth Dimension album, like it much better than the previous few he has put out.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:44 am

IronMaidenRule wrote:Blaze Bayleys new album, Infinite Entanglement! Not bad at all, feels like it should have been the proper follow up to The Tenth Dimension album, like it much better than the previous few he has put out.
Hmm. Last one I bought was Promise And Terror and it was so weak compared to Silicon Messiah and Tenth Dimension that I haven't looked at any of Blaze's stuff since. If the new album is a return to his early form I might pick it up though.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:35 am

The Beans wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:Blaze Bayleys new album, Infinite Entanglement! Not bad at all, feels like it should have been the proper follow up to The Tenth Dimension album, like it much better than the previous few he has put out.
Hmm. Last one I bought was Promise And Terror and it was so weak compared to Silicon Messiah and Tenth Dimension that I haven't looked at any of Blaze's stuff since. If the new album is a return to his early form I might pick it up though.
The albums I bought of his were "tenth dimension" and "the man that would not die". I quite enjoyed them, but they don't get spun that often.

My latest thing I'm listening to is Abigail Williams "legend" on vinyl on the blood music label. Got damaged in transit due to bad packaging which has been mentioned in the grind your gears thread.

It's got five never before released tracks including a interesting take on Metallicas fight fire with fire.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:45 pm

Got the new Last Shadow Puppets album. Don't think it is as good as their first, but still a great LP.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:05 am

Bolt thrower - the IVth crusade

great death metal album

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:35 am

Sel Feena wrote:Downloaded the new BabyMetal and giving it a listen on way to work. Pretty damn good! Awadama Fever is catchy as hell.
I knew that and Gimme Chocolate in particular resonated with me. Used to love a couple of the Mad Capsule Markets albums a few years back :lol: 8) Only found out the connection the other day.
Rayne wrote:Listening to it now and so far it's a bit of a disappointment. Aside from Karate I'm not hearing anything as fun or catchy as Megitsune, Iie ne or Gimmie Chokko.
It's hard to say really. The first album felt more like a collection of EPs than an "album" per se. I love the new album and it's getting better with each listen, too. 8)