What are you listening to right now?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

The Beans

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by The Beans » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:10 am

The death of Lemmy had me rooting about in the boxes and boxes of vinyl and CDs in my loft for suitable music to lament his passing. Which, to my wife's growing horror, has resulted in a full-on nostalgia fest of all things bonk rock and metal . It's the stuff you forget that brings the biggest smiles. Dogs D'amour, Bang Tango, Love/Hate, Bulletboys, Black Eyed Susan, Faster Pussycat, Tygers Of Pantang, Wolfsbane, The Almighty, come one come all, it's all on! I need me some big hair and spandex kecks urgently. I'm throwing some serious shapes here. The mrs says I'm having my mid-life crisis at last!

And oh god, the duffers! Tattooed Love Boys. Remember them? What was I thinking? I wasn't. That's all I can offer. :D

omg though, Zodiac Mindwarp And The Love Reaction! Truly awesome. Play loud. :D

Playing RIGHT NOW: Love Overload by Tigertailz. :mrgreen:
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:18 am

A lot of Killing Joke.

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:16 am

Post Danzig Misfits (American Psycho era onwards).
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:49 pm

The musical rerro binge of rock and metal continues and many a forgotten excellence has been unearthed but it's been slightly tarnished by the terrible discovery of a Stryper album actually in my house. :oops:

Analog

Post by Analog » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:30 pm

pilotwings - congo libre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFSF_HPw_ok

(not to be confused with the game, its these french guys who make strange and beautiful house music https://soundcloud.com/the-pilotwings )

necronom

Post by necronom » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:27 pm

David Bowie - Heroes

A very sad day :cry:
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:00 am

Drowning out the suckers at work with Doppelganger by the sensational band Curve. What an album. Crashing guitars over driving, electric beats. Fat bass everywhere. Toni's sweet vocals on top. It's a powerhouse of a record for when you want something that's heavy but intelligent and beautiful. Love it.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:59 pm

Bluce_Ree wrote:Drowning out the suckers at work with Doppelganger by the sensational band Curve. What an album. Crashing guitars over driving, electric beats. Fat bass everywhere. Toni's sweet vocals on top. It's a powerhouse of a record for when you want something that's heavy but intelligent and beautiful. Love it.
It was hipster music for students back in the day. The first three EPs were immense. Doppelganger was not quite as immense but still very good. I didn't bother with them after that. Pubic Fruit (a collection of the EPs and Fait Accompli off Doppelganger) gets a regular airing in my car. It's music that doesn't seem to age.

dste

Post by dste » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:53 pm

Kelly Clarkson - Stronger

Picked it up on the cheap as I like a couple of songs on the album.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:35 pm

The Beans wrote:
Bluce_Ree wrote:Drowning out the suckers at work with Doppelganger by the sensational band Curve. What an album. Crashing guitars over driving, electric beats. Fat bass everywhere. Toni's sweet vocals on top. It's a powerhouse of a record for when you want something that's heavy but intelligent and beautiful. Love it.
It was hipster music for students back in the day. The first three EPs were immense. Doppelganger was not quite as immense but still very good. I didn't bother with them after that. Pubic Fruit (a collection of the EPs and Fait Accompli off Doppelganger) gets a regular airing in my car. It's music that doesn't seem to age.
Agree with everything above with Frozen being my favourite EP....but they were just slightly behind my favs at the time - Lush - who amazingly have reformed, and I really thought I would never see them live again :D
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:25 am

The Beans wrote:
Yeah I've not bothered with anything after Doppelganger either. I saw them live once and they were a mess and utterly mardy. I wasn't much of a fan back then but would go to a lot of gigs and my mate was a fan. I rediscovered them a few years back though and they struck a chord with me.

Deffo doesn't seem to age. Coast is Clear from one of the EPs still sounds a little bit ahead of this time let alone back then.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:15 am

Abigail - descending from a blackened sky

merman

Post by merman » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:50 am

Totally Acoustic podcast - episode 8.04 featuring Jenny Lockyer, Matt Tiller & The Indelicates

MJ Hibbett (famous for Hey Hey 16K) runs a regular music night in London featuring acts playing acoustically. Search for it on iTines.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AkXC5m8ueA

i can honestly say the smiths never wrote anything that good

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Listened to Pearl Jam "Ten" tonight, I'd forgotten how much I bloody loved that album.

Off to see tribute band "Pearl Jem" on Friday, followed by They Might Be Giants on Saturday. Fun times.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue