your musical habits

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

snowkatt

your musical habits

Post by snowkatt » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:17 am

i tend to be a bit of a musical chamelon and can and wil listen to a wide variety of music
which thanks to the ipod and itunes and other music players has become even easier to mix and match music an dnot be bound to a single artist or cd
however in the what are you listening thread i have noticed most people still listen to alsbums as a whole
so what is your music habit ? do you listen to the albums as a whole
are you a single lsitner
or do you just throw it all in itunes or your music player of choice and put it on random and we wil see what happens
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

DPrinny

Re: your musical habits

Post by DPrinny » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:44 am

I listen to anything
But im kinda shying away from a lot of modern music as it all seems a bit c**p and depressing,
Stations listening to
6Music - plays some right crap
RockRadio1 - None stop rock
Planet rock - Sometimes

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:09 am

I just listen to the radio. I haven't bought/downloaded any music for maybe 15 years.

Andy L

Post by Andy L » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:15 am

I mostly listen to whole albums or live recordings but sometimes just individual songs depending on my mood. If I'm out and about, I listen to music on my mobile through Spotify or DSub, which uses the Subsonic software on my home server so I can stream my own music collection (nearly 1.5 TB of mainly FLACs). If I'm at home, I'll use MusicBee as my main music software or the Spotify Windows client.

I never listen to the radio unless there's an artist I really like doing a session as I have more than enough music in my own collection to keep me occupied!

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:41 pm

Due to my vintage, 1971, I listen to casettes still :lol: the full albums. I still have The Misfits Walk Among Us tape (yup TAPE) I bought in London and its still being played in the ghettoblaster I had back then lol

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:12 pm

I do not really listen to music at all anymore just gaming/tech podcasts. The rare time I do fire up the tunes then its Texas (the band from Scotland) or Queen thats about it
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:55 pm

Never listen to the radio (except 5 Live for football) so all my music is on my ipod or my PC

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:55 pm

My taste is stunningly eclectic considering I have fewer than 600 MP3s but I'm definitely a rocker first and foremost.

\m/ :D \m/

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:49 am

i always have my ipod when i'm out and about. the tube is a less friendly place with no music. it's also constantly on random play of anything i've "rated", so a real mix of genres all of the time.
even before my ipod, i think i was "ipod generation" though, because i had somewhere around 2000 cd's, and a 3 cd changer stereo thing, and was constantly changing it on a track by track basis even then.

dste

Post by dste » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:39 pm

If I'm in the house I will tend to listen to an entire album on the stereo or have one of the digital radio stations on like Kerrang or Absolute.

If I'm on the bus then I just have random songs on as that's how my player is set.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:10 pm

thingonaspring wrote:i always have my ipod when i'm out and about. the tube is a less friendly place with no music. it's also constantly on random play of anything i've "rated", so a real mix of genres all of the time.
even before my ipod, i think i was "ipod generation" though, because i had somewhere around 2000 cd's, and a 3 cd changer stereo thing, and was constantly changing it on a track by track basis even then.

before i had an ipod i created my own collection tapes ( reusable and containing 90 minutes ) or collection cd's
( not so reusable and only 70 minutes but better sound quality and songs would be skippable )
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:19 pm

snowkatt wrote:before i had an ipod i created my own collection tapes ( reusable and containing 90 minutes ) or collection cd's
( not so reusable and only 70 minutes but better sound quality and songs would be skippable )
oh absolutely used to do this. before i started buying tapes, i was recording it song by song off the radio during the chart show :lol: happy days. there were one or two songs that seemed to make it on every single compilation i ever made i think!