Page 22 of 31

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:41 am
by ReplayRetro
setting off soon, feel free to say hi, i'll probably be in my joystick junkies "we are the code" t shirt
bringing my other halfs brother (she wanted out really badly lol)

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:27 am
by Mantas
About 90mins away now :D

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:15 am
by dste
I'm on the bus to Event City so touch wood will be there in around twenty minutes. :D

Hungry, tired and arse is numb but still excited.

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:38 am
by Mantas
Annoyingly, the queues seem to be longer than last year even without the power failure. This seriously needs to be looked into for the future. Not right for people to get up before dawn, travel for hundreds of miles to spend an hour queuing. Good thing it's not raining.

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:30 am
by Slick2097
Mantas wrote:Annoyingly, the queues seem to be longer than last year even without the power failure. This seriously needs to be looked into for the future. Not right for people to get up before dawn, travel for hundreds of miles to spend an hour queuing. Good thing it's not raining.
Really? worse than last year?

Ste.

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:06 am
by Elaine
Alright guys, thank you for reassuring me, I think I'll be coming tomorrow! And even if I don't know anyone there's no way it can be boring! :D

If you see someone with a Mass Effect N7 jacket, it might be me, and you're very welcome to say hi! I thought I'd wear a t-shirt but it's probably not the right...climate for me to wear a tee :lol:

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:04 am
by subzero
Slick2097 wrote:
Mantas wrote:Annoyingly, the queues seem to be longer than last year even without the power failure. This seriously needs to be looked into for the future. Not right for people to get up before dawn, travel for hundreds of miles to spend an hour queuing. Good thing it's not raining.
Really? worse than last year?

Ste.
All big events have queues it's not something that can be fixed, I've seen pics of the queue on Facebook and I've been in bigger. But it'll be worth the wait!

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:40 am
by Slick2097
Well that was my thought subby mate .. last year it was pretty bad but looking at the event before opening I was pretty sure it wouldn't be an issue this year.

Still, with X many thousand people turning up at the same time, queue's are inevitable.

I'll see what its like tomorrow when I go.

Ste.

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:41 pm
by Mancman
Just got back and have to say me and my boys had a great time. Queued for over an hour in the blistering wind but it was well worth it. Plenty of retro gaming to be had, lots of arcades and pinball machines and some new stuff too, oh, I also managed to get a picture with the legend that is Jeff Minter!

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:11 pm
by psj3809
Had a great day. Met lots of top people. Loved the Hewson chat

Feel free to say hi tomorrow. I'm the bloke in the Pretty Green t shirt

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:18 pm
by DPrinny
Didn't see meany of the RG guys

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:42 pm
by dste
^^You got to see me and that's all that matters. :wink:

psj3809 wrote:Had a great day. Met lots of top people. Loved the Hewson chat

Feel free to say hi tomorrow. I'm the bloke in the Pretty Green t shirt
Definitely want to meet you so will try and catch you.

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:31 pm
by Spector
dste wrote:^^You got to see me and that's all that matters. :wink:

psj3809 wrote:Had a great day. Met lots of top people. Loved the Hewson chat

Feel free to say hi tomorrow. I'm the bloke in the Pretty Green t shirt
Definitely want to meet you so will try and catch you.
Sounds like you want to settle a score! Does he owe you money? :lol:

There's a slight regret at not being there, but there's nothing I could do as it clashed with something else. Still though I think October is a better time to hold it. Maybe next year...

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:05 pm
by RetroBob
Elaine wrote:Alright guys, thank you for reassuring me, I think I'll be coming tomorrow! And even if I don't know anyone there's no way it can be boring! :D

If you see someone with a Mass Effect N7 jacket, it might be me, and you're very welcome to say hi! I thought I'd wear a t-shirt but it's probably not the right...climate for me to wear a tee :lol:
Not to be confused with he guy I saw today wearing an N7 jacket!

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:01 pm
by flatapex
DPrinny wrote:Didn't see meany of the RG guys
Ahem, you saw me and my missus, hope the famiclone power joy thing is as odd and random as expected