PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manchester

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

flatapex
Posts: 2705
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 6:30 pm
Contact:

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Post by flatapex » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:02 am

Dam wrote:
Helensification wrote:Last year a group of us shared a taxi back so it only cost about £4 each. Worth arranging something if you are all going out to the same place :D
Assuming everyone wants to go home at the same time of course. Last year I had a bit of a mardy and went home early on my own hence the £20 taxi fare. This year I'm coming with the full intent of not having a mardy, but even then I'm not really into staying out til 4am.
never understood the whole stay out till 4 thing, then again i usually have a whisky and coke with my tea, another one while i am out then head back to the hotel with snacks

maybe its cos i am old (32)
Image

User avatar
Joey
Posts: 3842
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:45 pm
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Post by Joey » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:19 am

Has anyone still got their RG forum badge that we had made a few years ago? I still have mine so I'll put it on, will also have a staff Tshirt on.

There are so many people on here I've still not met that I'd like to.
Image

psj3809
Posts: 18885
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Post by psj3809 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:36 am

flatapex wrote:never understood the whole stay out till 4 thing, then again i usually have a whisky and coke with my tea, another one while i am out then head back to the hotel with snacks

maybe its cos i am old (32)
After reading your post i thought you were going to say you were 52 not 32 ;)

I dont think anyone goes out aiming to stay out till 4am, just what happens sometimes, i presume when they last went out everyone had a great time so stayed out late. They wouldnt have stayed out till 4am if it was totally dull.

Have a few more whiskey and cokes and i bet you'll be the person staying out till 4am ;)

User avatar
TwoHeadedBoy
Posts: 9028
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Dam wrote:
Helensification wrote:Last year a group of us shared a taxi back so it only cost about £4 each. Worth arranging something if you are all going out to the same place :D
Assuming everyone wants to go home at the same time of course. Last year I had a bit of a mardy and went home early on my own hence the £20 taxi fare. This year I'm coming with the full intent of not having a mardy, but even then I'm not really into staying out til 4am.
Mardies are illegal this year :P
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

flatapex
Posts: 2705
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 6:30 pm
Contact:

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Post by flatapex » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:57 pm

psj3809 wrote:
flatapex wrote:never understood the whole stay out till 4 thing, then again i usually have a whisky and coke with my tea, another one while i am out then head back to the hotel with snacks

maybe its cos i am old (32)
After reading your post i thought you were going to say you were 52 not 32 ;)

I dont think anyone goes out aiming to stay out till 4am, just what happens sometimes, i presume when they last went out everyone had a great time so stayed out late. They wouldnt have stayed out till 4am if it was totally dull.

Have a few more whiskey and cokes and i bet you'll be the person staying out till 4am ;)
i've got a kidney condition mate lol
Image

Dam
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:14 pm

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Post by Dam » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:14 pm

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
Dam wrote:
Helensification wrote:Last year a group of us shared a taxi back so it only cost about £4 each. Worth arranging something if you are all going out to the same place :D
Assuming everyone wants to go home at the same time of course. Last year I had a bit of a mardy and went home early on my own hence the £20 taxi fare. This year I'm coming with the full intent of not having a mardy, but even then I'm not really into staying out til 4am.
Mardies are illegal this year :P
Noted!

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24914
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Post by DPrinny » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:11 am

I to will be going home rather than staying out

User avatar
Helensification
Posts: 933
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:14 pm
Location: Wales

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Post by Helensification » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:07 am

As I have to drive the following morning I stop drinking alcohol at midnight and stay on soft drinks so I'm usually totally sober but still good fun.

The only problem with the 4am finish is getting to bed at about 5am and being back up for 6.30am followed by another full day of working at the Expo.

Wouldn't change it for the world though :lol:
Image

User avatar
ArchaicKoala
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:52 am

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Post by ArchaicKoala » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:29 am

Me and a mate are staying in the Premierinn Trafford Centre West, we'll probably just end up loitering in the bar at night again like last year which was a laugh.

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Post by SirClive » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:16 pm

psj3809 wrote:I dont think anyone goes out aiming to stay out till 4am
Speak for yourself!!
Image

User avatar
markopoloman
Posts: 11657
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:03 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Post by markopoloman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:31 pm

I'm amazed at how fresh and ready you are on a Sunday SirClive!





(actually, that's a lie... Your eyes usually tell the true story :lol: :x :lol: )
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

User avatar
sscott
Posts: 13159
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:26 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Post by sscott » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:56 pm

markopoloman wrote:I'm amazed at how fresh and ready you are on a Sunday SirClive!





(actually, that's a lie... Your eyes usually tell the true story :lol: :x :lol: )
Yeah, he looks like an extra from The Walking Dead!
Image

User avatar
jdanddiet
Posts: 9023
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:03 am
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Post by jdanddiet » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:16 pm

If I remember correctly, the Fab Cafe shuts at 3am,nothing as silly as 4am
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

User avatar
subzero
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:29 am
Location: scotland

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Post by subzero » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:40 am

i know im not going, but wheres yer floor plan?

User avatar
the_hawk
Posts: 5852
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:25 pm
Contact:

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 12-13 October 2013, Manches

Post by the_hawk » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:28 am

We're in single figures with only nine days to go now!

Any word on who the speakers will be in the Replay section? So far I've only heard about Andrew Hewson (Which is an absolute must attend for me!)

Also will the giant screen(s) multiplayer CARS game be making a reappearance?

Champing at the bit to go now after not going last year.
jdanddiet wrote:If I remember correctly, the Fab Cafe shuts at 3am,nothing as silly as 4am
And that is why god invented all night Casinos. :lol:
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sega2006 and 3 guests