Crying.. do you?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Dave300

Re: Crying.. do you?

Post by Dave300 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:44 pm

I rarely show my emotions, although I manage to convert anger into sarcasm when I'm at work. The only times I cry are when there are deaths in the close family, especially pets, of which our family has had many over the years. The most I cried was when my mother died, but I waited until I was alone before I did. I literally rolled around on the floor bellowing like a buffalo. My mate said he saw a tear rolling down my cheek when we were at the first night of Return of the King and Frodo/Gandalf/Bilbo et al were saying goodbye.

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:50 pm

I don't cry, but my life's generally okay, so I guess I don't need to?

Joey

Post by Joey » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:56 pm

I nearly cried when my son was born, but didn't.

I'm dead inside....

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm

I didn't cry at the birth of my children, at sad films, at sad books or TV shows. I just don't show emotion, I don't see crying as a weakness I'm just emotional detached as my wife puts it. She has observed, which I don't see, is with any sad news I deal with it by using humor, hence why she thinks I'm detached from this certain emotion.

When my grand parents died I was still young 6 or 7, I remember them but I was shielded from the funerals. I have only ever been to one funeral in my life and that was my Dads partner last year and I didn't cry. I don't have the emotional attachment associated with the "event" so to speak.

So no :|
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:07 pm

Far too often - never used to, not even when relatives died, but since around 2008-ish, I can't help it! Whether it's happy-crying or sad-crying, there's no control. Songs, books, films... Even Wreck-It Ralph had me going a bit.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

will2097

Post by will2097 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:13 pm

Weddings, funerals aside.

All i'm saying is:

"Grave yard of the fireflies"?

Just me? Leave me alone -- right?

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:43 pm

Only when peeling really strong onions.

Stiff upper lip and all that. Honestly cant remember the last time I had a cry....
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

clarance

Post by clarance » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:42 pm

I can't really have a good old blub - whenever I get anywhere near to one I tell myself not to be so stupid and self-obsessed and that stops all that nonsense.

Didn't want to cry when my kids were born, stop myself crying at funerals...

However I will get misty-eyed quite often over silly little sentimental bollocks - the other day when I was watching Derek I found myself a little tearful. I'll allow myself that (as long as no-one sees me).

Also I'll make myself weep a little every now and again after a few beers by listening to Eno's An Ending (Ascent), and that's really quite wonderful.
Death may be your Santa Claus.

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:08 pm

Not really, no - feel sorry for myself sometimes but that's about it.

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:44 pm

All the friggin time and I don't care... and I do have very valid reasons but they're way too revealing and personal to post on here..

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:01 am

Last time I cried was Christmas Eve when I put some sherry and a carrot by the chimney. Sounds a stupid thing to draw emotion but I wanted to be a dad for so long and I was excited beyond words at my little lads first Christmas that this was a massive reminder that it was almost here.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:28 am

Yeah, I do, you sort of spew out the pain in chunks, like furballs, don't you, there's no other way, really? For me, it's a great stress-reliever but also an act of rebellion, 'cos I was (barely) brought up by a crap, unemotional dad who used to call me 'pathetic' when I cried as a toddler, I got a bit stiff upper lip at school but one day I just let it all out and felt FREE!

Praise be he's so miserable now! And probably crying, too. :lol:

(Sorry, next time I'll consult a counselling service...!)

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:04 am

Last time I did was when my grandad passed away two years ago - blubbed when I got the initial phone call but just about managed to hold it together for the funeral.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:36 am

will2097 wrote:Weddings, funerals aside.

All i'm saying is:

"Grave yard of the fireflies"?

Just me? Leave me alone -- right?
Me too. I practically bawled my eyes out when I first saw that film. Just thinking about it now is making me a little teary, even.
Last edited by Matt_B on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:37 am

The last time I cried was last May when City won the league. Silly, I know, but given the way the match went I just couldn't control it. For my brother and I, growing up as City fans down south, where there are a plethora of glory-hunting Utd fans, was no walk in the park, especially considering how pony City used to be! When that final whistle went I just fell to my knees and wept.

Other than that, the last time I can remember crying was about five years ago. There was an advert in the local paper appealing for a carer for a young lad who had been left severely paralysed following a car accident. The advert/appeal was written by him - or at least, on his behalf - and he talked about his condition and also his hobbies, such his favourite games. It wasn't clear whether he was asking for a professional carer or just simply someone to spend time with him and play games with him. I cried uncontrollably reading it - the thought that through no fault of his own this young lad had been left in a condition in which he effectively had to advertise for someone to hang out with. The whole thing has since always made me very angry with people who oppose stem-cell research.

Other than those tow examples, I really can't remember ever crying! I'd always been one of those kids who could just easily brush things off.
CheDonJohn's Sale/Trade/Wanted/Giveaway thread

PSN ID, XBL Gamertag and Steam: CheDonJohn
Playfire profile