Skeleton of Richard III found in dig.

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

mohicankid

Re: Skeleton of Richard III found in dig.

Post by mohicankid » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:39 am

If they have confirmed its him, they could now use his dna to confirm the two childrens remains found at london tower were his nephews and close the mystery of the two princes!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

joefish

Post by joefish » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:26 am

merman wrote:The documentary was intensely irritating and very one-sided thanks to the views of the Richard III Society. But still, an historic find. In years to come, the Chris Huhne Society will argue that it was all speed camera propaganda, he loved his wife and didn't get her to lie in that car park...
Glad I avoided it.

Don't forget the descent into madness of his wife and the mysteriously unexplained absence of his mummy's-boy kid on the next census.

necronom

Post by necronom » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:37 pm

I thought that documentary was really funny. I was either so bad it was good, or just comedy genius. It felt like Dad's Army crossed with The Office with one of those fake April Fool documentaries (like the Spaghetti one) thrown in.

There was a woman who was over dramatic and crying like it was her Dad they'd dug up, then there was a comedian in it who was throwing in one-liners every so often, then the coincidences were amazing (they found him in the very first spot they dug in on the first day, in a car park with an R painted on the ground above him!). It was like it was all a scripted drama.

Then they broke his skull by dropping something on it (I think that's what happened - I was laughing at the time), then they put him in a shoe box and lost him, then they were stood around talking about putting a flag over him and walking him to a white delivery van to put him somewhere between an old boot and some paint tins (that bit may be made up, but it was a white van with stuff in). Later the woman started crying again and when she came back in an expert said he'd been stabbed in the bum, which was follow by a hilarious pause where they were all trying not to laugh as the camera panned across them.

They found a carpenter called Michael in London who was a descendant and did a DNA test on him, which was positive. Overall it was great!

I loved it :-)
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:47 pm

I would be more interested if the story was Skeletor found in dig

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:41 pm

The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

lanky316

Post by lanky316 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:06 am

Rumour has it (at least around archaeological circles) when C4 got wind of what they were trying to do they were prepared for it to go either way which is why they got one of the guys from Horrible Histories to front it, if it WAS him, he'd be able to cover the historical and serious side of things but if it wasn't him they could do all the comedic elements and would be able to convert it easily into a Louis Theroux style piece on the Richard III society. Seems plausible and given that most of the documentary was the focus on the Richard III society and the woman involveds personal emotional journey and most of the sciencey history stuff was put to the background mostly.