I got burgled

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Smurph

I got burgled

Post by Smurph » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:17 am

Over the weekend someone broke in to my house and got a good haul of stuff. My entire 360/PS3 collection was the main thing - they left the consoles and stuff, so I got away lightly, really (apart from some of the gf's jewellery). My Vectrex was sitting there right by the games, but they left that too, the philistines.

I take regular meds - the f*ckers stole that too...

Anyway, about 60 games went. Most of it I'm not hugely bothered about as the games were done and unlikely to be played again, but some stuff, Strret Fighter and Rock Band and the like, will need replaced as they're standard games to go back to. The worst of all is my shmup collection - all the region free Jap shmups are gone, and the Pal releases too. Gutted about that, but at least 3 of the Jap ones are Platinum releases now so I can replace them easy and cheap enough. Bullet Soul and Espgaluda, not cheap :(

The main point is actually for anyone in Belfast, I know there's only a couple of us, but it's worth a shot. If anyone sees any Jap shmups in Crack Converters or anywhere like that, I'd reimburse you if you pick them up. I've contacted a lot of shops to keep an eye out, but every little helps.
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile

alistair_thomas

Re: I got burgled

Post by alistair_thomas » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:19 am

Any possibility of getting the local second hand places to keep an eye out for any of your stuff turning up?

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:22 am

well censored
why would they take your meds on top of everything else ?
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:23 am

Any local Cash Cons? Check Gumtree/Ebay

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:27 am

Really awful to hear you've been burgled. It's such a horrible thing to have happen, not just the loss of items but the major invasion of privacy too :(

Did you have contents insurance? Probably not much consolation (especially if your girlfriend's jewellery was of sentimental value), but I imagine you'd be able to get some of your 360 & PS3 stuff back on that?

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:33 am

alistair_thomas wrote:Any possibility of getting the local second hand places to keep an eye out for any of your stuff turning up?
Yeah, I have done, Cash Converters were really helpful - they have things in place for this type of thing as you can imagine, and the guy even said my collection would stick out like a sore thumb.
snowkatt wrote:well censored
why would they take your meds on top of everything else ?
Because they're c**ts. I don't know, maybe they thought they'd get high? :lol:

Rinoa, no insurance I'm afraid :( There was only one thing of hers that was of any value, both sentimental and monetary, so again we got off lightly, but you're right, it's quite a horrible feeling. We're going to move once our contract is up in July, probably into an apartment which is good from a security standpoint.

Prinny, I've already checked ebay for the Jap stuff, but nothing. Never thought of Gumtree, it would be easy to see a job lot of stuff like mine on there - cheers.

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:37 am

i doubt they are smart enough to break it all up
so who knows with some luck a good chunk might resurface

in the mean time

uhm locks

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:40 am

snowkatt wrote: in the mean time

uhm locks
Wow! I han't thought about those!! Thanks!

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:43 am

lots and lots of locks

and how about window bars ? or is that going a bit over board ?

i doubt i could help you replace the shmups
but like sega 2006 il be happy to help you out replacing a few of the more common titles
Last edited by snowkatt on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:46 am

Sorry to hear about your house getting broken into, it sounds like it wasnt professional theives but more the chav scum that target at random usually for a drug fix, we get a fair bit of it round here and somone hit a mates Nan's house twice for her diabetes meds, they usually wont steal the bigger stuff due to not having the paitence to shift it, you were right to contact all the pawn broker/ trade in shops as thats usually their first port of call, keep an eye on your local papers aswell, Im sure members on here will help you watch aswell.
Ill keep any eye out round here for replacement games for you, if you can post a list I can take it with me when I go out and see what I can find.
Watching you sleep since 1990

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:55 am

FFS!

Are you on twitter at all? It could be really useful in getting the message out that there are exclusive type games floating about, especially if people RT your plea.

I know a few people back home & would gladly put together a wee message to have people be on the look out, could be handy having a few extra pairs of eyes looking about.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:08 pm

Well if Smurph doesnt surely somone could do it for him?
Watching you sleep since 1990

ootini

Post by ootini » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Sorry to hear that! Fekin' Spidey scumbags. Seems break ins are on the rise. The amount of people I heard of getting their home broken into and stuff knicked is very worrying.

I'd also try local car boot sales if you know of any. - Especially the dodgier ones.

I recently got back a sizable chunk of CD's that were stolen from my car back in 2011. They showed up at a car boot sale in Co. Wexford. Notorious spot where Pikeys sell stuff they've half-iched.

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:48 pm

Oh hell! :( sorry to here that mate.

As well putting new locks install a alarm system with a visible bell box.
It doesn't need to be a good one but the visibility of the bell box might make them think twice, you want prevention as well of protection.

James A

Post by James A » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:51 pm

PM me a list of Jap shooters as im always on ebay looking for them. if its a bunch of smack heads who have done the house over they probably won't turn up but you could get lucky.