Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: shooter shoots 27 people in elmentary school in the u

Post by Megamixer » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:39 pm

If people want a gun then they will get a gun. Guns are banned over here and yet look at people like Raoul Moat - they want one, they'll get it from somewhere.

What I don't understand is why there are so many mentally unhinged people in America that go on killing sprees, always seem to attack schools and always kill themselves after.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Megamixer wrote:If people want a gun then they will get a gun. Guns are banned over here and yet look at people like Raoul Moat - they want one, they'll get it from somewhere.

What I don't understand is why there are so many mentally unhinged people in America that go on killing sprees, always seem to attack schools and always kill themselves after.
Its not like you can walk into a high street shop and buy one

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Dave300 wrote:Tens if not hundreds of millions of people in the world play video games - don't kill anyone.
One person plays video games and kills people.
YEP, IT'S DEFINITELY THE VIDEO GAMES!!!

It's a well known FACT the first murder in human history was committed the day Space War was released

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:05 pm

Negative Creep wrote:
Dave300 wrote:Tens if not hundreds of millions of people in the world play video games - don't kill anyone.
One person plays video games and kills people.
YEP, IT'S DEFINITELY THE VIDEO GAMES!!!

It's a well known FACT the first murder in human history was committed the day Space War was released
Well tennis for two was never that widely played anyway

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:08 pm

Now I think of it, it was in fact the day heavy metal was invented. Or was it punk? Or Marilyn Manson? Or Elvis?

Actually I'm pretty sure it was video nasties

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:11 pm

I once read a book that lead me to hit someone

We should ban martial arts books they show people how to hit each other

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:11 pm

I thought it was after playing p#lybius.
DPrinny wrote:
Megamixer wrote:If people want a gun then they will get a gun. Guns are banned over here and yet look at people like Raoul Moat - they want one, they'll get it from somewhere.

Its not like you can walk into a high street shop and buy one
Or open a bank account and get one for doing so... Certainly an alternative to those sh1tty Natwest pigs.

My main issue with lots of these people , including those 'warring' parents who kill the kids in a revenge attack , leave the kids out of it. Kill each other but stop hiding behind the bloody kids. All those who shoot a school up do it for the memorable notoriety it gives them even if they end up dead. Sad sad people who could not face up to issues and who -without a gun - would be next to powerless to take this aggression out any other way.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:16 pm

Lets face it America has more nutters per square inch than nuts in a Marathon bar

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:20 pm

My main issue with lots of these people , including those 'warring' parents who kill the kids in a revenge attack , leave the kids out of it. Kill each other but stop hiding behind the bloody kids. All those who shoot a school up do it for the memorable notoriety it gives them even if they end up dead. Sad sad people who could not face up to issues and who -without a gun - would be next to powerless to take this aggression out any other way.[/quote]

These things will still happen even if guns aren't available. Ok it's on a smaller scale, but you had that manic van driver in Cardiff recently who started driving into people for no reason, or that person who shot an Indian student with no motive

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:46 pm

My sympathies for the officers who have had to witness 18 dead children in a classroom - will stay with them for life, yet someone has to do it.

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Negative Creep wrote:

My main issue with lots of these people , including those 'warring' parents who kill the kids in a revenge attack , leave the kids out of it. Kill each other but stop hiding behind the bloody kids. All those who shoot a school up do it for the memorable notoriety it gives them even if they end up dead. Sad sad people who could not face up to issues and who -without a gun - would be next to powerless to take this aggression out any other way.
These things will still happen even if guns aren't available. Ok it's on a smaller scale, but you had that manic van driver in Cardiff recently who started driving into people for no reason, or that person who shot an Indian student with no motive[/quote]

Van driver "may" have played a Burnout game - as stated in The Sun - funny thing is, I don't recall seeing pedestrians in any Burnout game. Unlike Carmageddon

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:03 am

sscott wrote:My sympathies for the officers who have had to witness 18 dead children in a classroom - will stay with them for life, yet someone has to do it.
...because it's a job they chose to do. There will be other professions who will be involved as well.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:36 am

DPrinny wrote:Lets face it America has more nutters per square inch than nuts in a Marathon bar
Showing your age dude. I still call em that.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:14 am

The Angry Jock wrote:
sscott wrote:My sympathies for the officers who have had to witness 18 dead children in a classroom - will stay with them for life, yet someone has to do it.
...because it's a job they chose to do. There will be other professions who will be involved as well.
It's a job they chose to do - but that doesn't change what effect it has on you. Sympathies for everyone involved be it Police, teachers, doctors.... everyone. No one should ever have to witness a single child murdered let alone 22 of the poor souls.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:02 am

I think that many of these first-on-the-scene medical staff and law enforcement officers grow a very thick skin when it comes to dead bodies but i suppose there's a limit even for the most hardened of them.
This is all very sad news but i can't help feeling that with the USAs rules on gun ownership this is going to keep happening every couple of years, when nut jobs have easy access of deadly weapons the result can only be very bad indeed.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD