So who got an XBOX360 then?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

LeeT

So who got an XBOX360 then?

Post by LeeT » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:18 pm

Not me! :evil:

A friend of a friend was supposed to be putting one aside for us at a local Tesco - My Girfriend went down at 11.45pm and he was off-hand with her and said "There isn't enough". So that was a waste of a tenner for the taxi fare!

I won an eBay auction for one a few days ago but had decided not to pay him as there were too many irregularities in his details (changed his user id the day before the auction, different details to what is on eBay etc etc). If he agrees to meet me in person (at Newcastle) then I will get it but I'm not risking paying £350 into a bank account that I have no details on.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:01 am

Got mine this morning and now face a difficult decision. Do I go home at 1PM to play on it, or do I slave away tirelessly on the mag...

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:07 am

I had mine pre-ordered, but decided a couple of weeks ago to cancel due to various reasons. Lack of money, already owning too many unplayed games...that sort of thing.

LeeT

Re:

Post by LeeT » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:43 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:Got mine this morning and now face a difficult decision. Do I go home at 1PM to play on it, or do I slave away tirelessly on the mag...
I've solved your dilemma! Simply donate it to me, I'll write any reviews that you have to do in the future, you can translate them into clear English and bingo! :lol:

mechamonkey

Post by mechamonkey » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:48 am

Failed miserably to get one :(
Born from an egg on a mountain top

Mad Gear

Post by Mad Gear » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:02 am

Been playin PGR3 and COD2 all morning.

Gonna try PDZ now :D

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:08 am

I think I need a new TV before I splash out on a 360. My Panasonic 24" has developed a horrible green tinge across the whole screen. When playing dark games, it's like I'm wearing night vision goggles in real life.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:24 pm

I got mine this morning and played for half an hour. Had a brew. Turned it back on. It hasn't read a disk since.

In the immortal words of Cartman...

Edit... OK it works now. Whats that all about?

Hungry Horace

Post by Hungry Horace » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:12 pm

Proordered mine back in August on a whim, hoping there would be a few games worth it. When Oblivion slipped I very nearly cancelled, but resisted.

I picked mine up from the Exeter Game at 8AM yesterday, and being able to walk smugly past the gathered chavs who thought they could just turn up and get one was a delight.

Perversely, I've spent more time in the last 2 days playing Metal Slug and Earthbound.

I have to say, though, that the visuals are a lot better than I was expecting. I don't have an HD-TV yet, but with the official RGB lead, the visuals off a half-decent widescreen are spectacular.

Those of you that didn't get one will be able to mock in a few months when the price inevitably drops...
Get your own Gamercard Sig.

LeeT

Post by LeeT » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:38 pm

We spotted another eBay auction today with a phone number - The guy said he had five to sell and had apparently already sold them. He has promised to contact me again on Monday as he is expecting more...

Fingers crossed! :)

andy vaisey

Post by andy vaisey » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:04 pm

Well, my sister's boyfriend is a manager of a Game store and on Friday, mainly because of the 360 launch, his small little shop clocked up record sales of £35,000 in a single afternoon... :shock:

Wil

Post by Wil » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:40 am

Fantastically, we got a free one for being on the launch team. The HD is a rather lurid green, but who's gonna argue!

Just need the wireless network adaptor to get up and running on Live!

For retro-heads, the downloadable versions of Joust, Robotron, SmashTV and Gauntlet are great. You can play Gauntlet over Live!

Wil

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re:

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:54 am

Wil wrote:Fantastically, we got a free one for being on the launch team. The HD is a rather lurid green, but who's gonna argue!

Just need the wireless network adaptor to get up and running on Live!

For retro-heads, the downloadable versions of Joust, Robotron, SmashTV and Gauntlet are great. You can play Gauntlet over Live!

Wil
Wil, is my favourite game of all time (Robotron) available yet? I can't get on Live to find out at the moment :(

Wil

Post by Wil » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:08 am

As far as I know it is. I can download it at work but I think we're on a slightly different version of Live! here.

It's a neat conversion with original and 'evolved' graphics versions.

Wil

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re:

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:31 am

Wil wrote:As far as I know it is. I can download it at work but I think we're on a slightly different version of Live! here.

It's a neat conversion with original and 'evolved' graphics versions.

Wil
Cheers Wil, I'll try and take a look at that tonight (deadlines permitting of course ;) )