Games room. Updated

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

FatTrucker

Games room. Updated

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:20 am

Finally got the games room up yesterday. Just elecs to go in and I can start filling it up. :)

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

SoupDragon

Re: Games room.

Post by SoupDragon » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:32 am

Nice! Scrolled down, green with envy :wink:

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:47 am

nice!
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:06 am

Will look much better once I've got the elecs in and filled it with arcade machines and a pool table. Plus a retro corner for old systems and stuff with a nice comfy corner sofa.
Any recommendations for game related furniture and artwork?
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.

will2097

Post by will2097 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:27 am

That. looks. amazing.

It has been a dream of mine for sometime too.

Pinball table (twlight zone) couple of arcade machines, little fridge, sofa, big TV. Tiny cubby hole to hide the cigarettes. sign on the door 'No Mam'. Intercom for when i need a cup of tea or a sandwich. I could rent the house out :) (if it wasn't for the wife cluttering up the house with all useless things like washing machine, makeup, bills et cetera)

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:33 am

You win the shed competition :D

Will it be heated? It's all fun having a games den, but not if you have to wear a coat.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:35 am

2 electric radiators. Wood is 4" thick and resin sealed so very good thermally. Got to be heated in winter to prevent condensation though.

rupert

Post by rupert » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:47 am

Thats fantastic, it will be great run filling it all up with gaming goodness :)

I'm making my loft conversion into a gaming room and I plan of framing some of my old posters, the type that came folded up in game boxes or inside old magazines, i've quite a lot to choose from.

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:56 am

rupert wrote:Thats fantastic, it will be great run filling it all up with gaming goodness :)

I'm making my loft conversion into a gaming room and I plan of framing some of my old posters, the type that came folded up in game boxes or inside old magazines, i've quite a lot to choose from.
Mate, that's actually a great idea. Am planning on buying some old framed film posters and stuff, but I've got hundreds of old big box PC games up in the loft, will have a root through at the weekend see if I can find anything suitable.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:28 am

Looking great dude, this exactly the sort of thing I hope to be building in my garden next Easter. How much did it cost you, did you buy it as a kit, or did you buy the wood and build it yourself? Is it insulated? my worry for mine is condensation, as I'll be sticking arcade cabs out there along with all my games. I have been collecting old school pictures/adverts from old magazines, plus other retro stuff like old pepsi ice bucket, old drinks tray etc to add to the reto'ness of it all once its done...It'll be like going back in time I tell ya! :lol:
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:46 am

If you use thick enough Timber and seal it, it won't need insulating, wood is a brilliant insulator so long as its all sealed up and draught proofed. Couple of electric heaters will stop any condensation, i'll be running cabs in there too.
All in cost just over £7000 from these guys http://www.carrgardenbuildings.co.uk. Can't recommend them highly enough. They build to spec, do the whole install, sealing and wood treatment. Fast, friendly and professional.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:43 pm

wow! loads of potential there but if it was me i would put up one more photo of a small rickety table in the middle of the room with a laptop on it running MAME and type underneath FINISHED!!

that's just my sense of humour though.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:54 pm

At very long last! Looks good!

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:05 pm

When's the party FT :D
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:08 pm

jdanddiet wrote:When's the party FT :D
Dependent on the number and quality of cabs I can stick in there between now and the summer I'll be doing an Essex mini meet BBQ, at some point next year. Will post details if and when here and over on Jamma+