Am I mental?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Mire Mare

Re: Am I mental?

Post by Mire Mare » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:21 pm

crusto wrote:
gman72 wrote:Do you want to upgrade the wife to a bigger one with a larger capacity?
Now there's a thought :D
:lol:

Better not push your luck though, crusto!

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:40 pm

does buying import playstation games when I don't have a console capable of playing them make me nuts ?

fatkitty

Post by fatkitty » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:26 pm

CIH wrote:does buying import playstation games when I don't have a console capable of playing them make me nuts ?
Yes

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:56 am

crusto wrote:I just can't help lusting after stuff I don't need. I've got my eye on another TV when my current Sony is only 18 months old, and its great! I want another iPod touch because, er, I don't know. I really want to upgrade my surround sound system to a Bose one. I really want to get a Samsung tablet so I can see how it measures up to the new iPad. I want to change loads of radiators throughout my house (which is on the market) to ones which look nicer. I want to re do my entire iTunes collection because I feel the need to rip my CD collection at a better quality. I am obsessed with purchasing blu rays. And I have just forked out a substantial amount on a new watch, and already have another one on my radar :lol: .

I also feel the need to upgrade my sky box to the bigger one, even though the current one is currently only 6% full.

I could go on further, but won't. But, am I mental?
Try this -

Shave your head

Move to Tibet and see if you can manage living like a Monk for a year - they don't need ANYTHING (apart from food, water, prayer and exercise)

The main problem you have (from my perspective) - is that you are apparently buying items that don't hold monetary value in the long term (unless you have an Apple 1 hidden away in minty cond lol)

At least your watches should hold value in the long run - should you need/want to sell them off in the future.

Electronic items depreciate just far too quickly nowadays

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:29 pm

fatkitty wrote:
CIH wrote:does buying import playstation games when I don't have a console capable of playing them make me nuts ?
Yes
i have four gamecube games but no console and never owned one before,what's even worse is that two of those are luigi's mansion.room for one with extra bouncy wallpaper over here please.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:35 pm

I think that buying games for a machine I hate will make me mental, good job Action max ones dont come up that often

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:20 pm

When I saw the thread's title listed on the index page I automatically assumed it was another thread from Chiptune. My bad.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

rupert

Post by rupert » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:53 pm

I think its normal, I battle with myself most days not to buy things I don't need. If you can afford it and your wife and kids have what they need then why not treat yourself from time to time!

I second the Bose thing, I got some Bose cubes (AM 5) about 12 or so years ago and I still love them. They may not be the best sound for the price but when you also factor in the looks I think they are great! (I'm not at all saying they don't sound good though, just that the same money can buy better sound, they just won't look as pleasant).

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:32 am

Its a battle for me, I have an amazon wish list I look at twice a day, normally it gets the better of me, when the price is right! I'll just skimp on a lunch or something to cover the cost.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:00 pm

No i dont reckon you are mental.Probably just have too much spare cash for yourself.why not sponser a snow leopard or a wonky donkey? send some money to starving african kids? you will fell a lot better about yourself.If none of those tickle your fancy just start smoking again you will no longer have the spare cash and the problems of what to spend it on.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Are snow leopards doing stuff for charity now?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:15 pm

you probably are yes

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:33 pm

I prefer the name "ounce" rather than "snow leopard".