Disney buys Star Wars

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Antiriad2097

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:49 pm

Yeah, I just saw that an hour ago. Will they run with Han and Leia being married like the books, with their kids becoming the new Jedi?

Fisher and Hamill have both said they'll return, so we'll have the old team back. Hope Mayhew is fit to film at least a few scenes.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:48 am

I'm really looking forward to all of this, got a good director on board for episode 7. The spin off movies could be good also.

To be fair i dont want them to go OTT and over-saturate it all, i mean hearing a new film will be out every 2 years or so was good but spin off movies as well, lets take a bit of time.

But either way its good news, i'm really into Star Wars nowadays so cant wait to hear the hype, see the first pictures, characters etc, all should be good.

Star Wars Detours should be out at some point in the near future, thats that 'comedy' series by Seth Green, looks good from the clips i've seen.

All in all its all good !

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:51 am

I also heard in the grapevine that Harrison Ford has signed up Esp VII reprising his 'Han Solo' role!

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:57 am

Little more news that John Williams is hoping to do the music for Esp VII.

Link: http://www.jwfan.com/?p=5407

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue May 06, 2014 8:07 am

I've just realised how happy I am with the Episode 7 cast announcement

Benderdick Cumboyband isn't in it! This is great news, I thought he was going to ruin every movie I wanted to see for the next few years.
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

joefish

Post by joefish » Tue May 06, 2014 9:19 am

"Okay, let's see here... Shatner, Shatner... no, doesn't look like he's in this one; we're safe". :lol:

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue May 06, 2014 1:38 pm

It definitely seems to be a passing the 'baton' movie, the original cast were relative unknowns so I see no potential issue. Until I see the movie I'm not gonna even trust a trailer, ep 1 had a very good trailer, and then...

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Wed May 07, 2014 2:51 am

by Antiriad2097 on Tue May 06, 2014 1:07 pm

I've just realised how happy I am with the Episode 7 cast announcement

Benderdick Cumboyband isn't in it! This is great news, I thought he was going to ruin every movie I wanted to see for the next few years.
What's the odds of Andy Serkis playing an CGI character (Jar Jar descendent?)
And Max Von Sydow playing Sith type? Although Father Lankester Merrin playing Space Chest in the 7th Seal is appealing :lol: (Let the Wookie win)

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu May 08, 2014 8:22 am

I'm really looking forward to it, going to be great the next 18 months hearing gossip/titles/pictures from the shooting. Still seems crazy that its coming out a year in December, i mean just over 18 months ? Surely it takes ages doing all the CGI etc ?

Tons of pressure of course on this film, i really hope its a huge hit as they're already talking about 3 spin off films about different characters. As its the first Disney one i reckon they'll pull out all the stops on this, but going to enjoy all the hype over the next 18 months

sirclive1

Post by sirclive1 » Thu May 08, 2014 10:55 am

psj3809 wrote:I'm really looking forward to it, going to be great the next 18 months hearing gossip/titles/pictures from the shooting. Still seems crazy that its coming out a year in December, i mean just over 18 months ? Surely it takes ages doing all the CGI etc ?

Tons of pressure of course on this film, i really hope its a huge hit as they're already talking about 3 spin off films about different characters. As its the first Disney one i reckon they'll pull out all the stops on this, but going to enjoy all the hype over the next 18 months
I love your positive attitude ! :) , I'm with you and cannot wait for all the fun / rumours / hype and finally the finished product ! I saw you Sunday as we'll but you were deep in conversation and I thought I'd bump into you again during the day .
Luxor the moonprince - Doomguard Slayer

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:22 am

Hopefully bump into you at the Manchester one. I think i saw you, were you in a man utd shirt crying a lot ? ;

Obviously after the prequel trilogy i can understand why people are nervous, i think its good someone else than George Lucas is doing these though as some of the dialog/story telling in the prequels (trade routes etc, boring !) was dire. Still some good moments but sadly overshadowed by a lot of crap including Ja Ja.

But yeah it'll be fun following this new film, might be crap might be great. At this stage its way way way too early to say. But like i say hope it does well as a new star wars film every few years (plus the spinoffs) will be great

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Thu May 08, 2014 11:31 am

Yeah I can't wait either! 8)

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Thu May 08, 2014 12:02 pm

I have started the lot from Ep 1 today and The Phantom Menace stood up a lot better than I remember.... first time I have seen it for at least 10 years.
Going Solo...................

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu May 08, 2014 1:45 pm

Yup, 10 years is just about long enough to get used to Jar Jar so he's only highly annoying rather than unbearable. There's at least half a good movie in there.

The trailer for Rebels came out a few days ago. I have high hopes. Stylistically, reminds me of How To Train Your Dragon. Might be geared more for kids, but Clone Wars started out that way and ended up having plenty of mature content.

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu May 08, 2014 4:27 pm

About 1000 years would be appropriate for JarJar!