Scottish Pinball Open and Arcade Expo - Nov 24/25th

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

subzero

Re: Scottish Pinball Open and Arcade Expo - Nov 24/25th

Post by subzero » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:49 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:Not a bad line up at all, this is looking better and better.

Any micros/consoles going to be there?

i should think there will be :)

subzero

Post by subzero » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:34 am

line up is getting more impressive, theres going to be a couple or more tables for retro/stalls etc, anyone want to bring some stuff along? I think john bud is going to speak to a few folk when hes down at PLAY but im sure there will be enough room, however we are in DESPERATE need of more CRT tvs for running the retro, otherwise they'll have to get swapped during the day!

subzero

Post by subzero » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:37 am

Updated list of CABS:

Pinball
Bram Stokers Dracula
Revenge from Mars
Pinbot
Nightmare on Elm Street
4-5 Pins, actual cabs TBC from HighJon.
Pledge of support from Northern Lights Pinball. Actual numbers and cabs TBC
Dedicated Woodies
Defender
Robotron
Stargate
Centipede
OutRun
Jamma Cabs (inc PCB's)
Neo Geo 1 slot (choice of several carts)
Candy Cabs (inc PCB's)
Egret 2 cabs * 4
Egret 3 Cab * 1
New Astro City * 1
naomi uprights * 2
cyberlead (pending repair),
bootleg cabaret
AWSD (Needs sound fixed)
Driving Cabs
Initial D
Crazy Taxi
Oddball Items
Funky Monkey
Tomb Raider Pachislo
In addition Arcadian (Dave of Replay fame) has kindly offered us the loan of some 15 cabs for the event. I will leave off listing them until after this years Replay expo. Pinball negotiations are currently in the hands of our very own John Bud, additional machines to be confirmed in due course.

Stop Press: Northern Lights Pinball have agreed to support this event with some pins. More news to follow after PLAY EXPO

rapidly-greying

Post by rapidly-greying » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Will there be stuff to buy? As i am looking for a purple gamecube.
Keith,Scotland 35,wife n 2 kids,Owned(or own)a NES,SNES,N64,GC,Wii,Gameboy,DS,360,Sega MD,DC+GG,Intellevision, C 64, ZX Spec 48k+,PS1,2+3.Fave games are Zelda,Mario,Leaderboard,Tomb Raider,Bombjack,Pilotwings,Ridge Racer,Ico,Everybody's Golf,DAFC fan.

rapidly-greying

Post by rapidly-greying » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:31 pm

If anybody in fife is planning go and is willing to give me a lift i would happily go along.

Email me at kgsinclair@yahoo.co.uk if wolf can help.
Keith,Scotland 35,wife n 2 kids,Owned(or own)a NES,SNES,N64,GC,Wii,Gameboy,DS,360,Sega MD,DC+GG,Intellevision, C 64, ZX Spec 48k+,PS1,2+3.Fave games are Zelda,Mario,Leaderboard,Tomb Raider,Bombjack,Pilotwings,Ridge Racer,Ico,Everybody's Golf,DAFC fan.

Spector

Post by Spector » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Looks like a great event to me, and I'd love to go, but bloody hell what chance do you have if you haven't got a car! I've just been on google maps and it appears to be positioned roughly in the centre of a place called Nowhere :(
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

deadpan666

Post by deadpan666 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Hmmm.....£20 return by Train....this could be a go-er!! :mrgreen:

Will need to research a bit more tomorrow, but yeah...looks interesting! :)
Cinema Of Stuff Presents - The Undying Monster! http://tinyurl.com/nekrjdx

Let's go, Mr. Driver!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:40 pm

Spector wrote:Looks like a great event to me, and I'd love to go, but bloody hell what chance do you have if you haven't got a car! I've just been on google maps and it appears to be positioned roughly in the centre of a place called Nowhere :(
Traditionally we call it Scotland.

You're probably best to look at travelling to Glasgow first, then travelling from there to Kilsyth if you're using public transport.

On the upside, it not being in a major city should mean that food and accommodation should be relatively cheap if you need an overnighter.

And before anyone says it, it won't take too long. I'm currently towards the end of an 8 hour bus trip home from the Play Expo in Manchester (not including the travel at either end, which brings it nearer 10 hours).
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:42 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Spector wrote:Looks like a great event to me, and I'd love to go, but bloody hell what chance do you have if you haven't got a car! I've just been on google maps and it appears to be positioned roughly in the centre of a place called Nowhere :(

You're probably best to look at travelling to Glasgow first, then travelling from there to Kilsyth if you're using public transport.

On the upside, it not being in a major city should mean that food and accommodation should be relatively cheap if you need an overnighter.

And before anyone says it, it won't take too long. I'm currently towards the end of an 8 hour bus trip home from the Play Expo in Manchester (not including the travel at either end, which brings it nearer 10 hours).
Antiriad and friend on way home to Scotland (yesterday)

Spector

Post by Spector » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Scotland is a small village in the north of England, have I got that right? I don't know... sounds kinda scary to me going up there.

Basically its a train and bus, but the bus part might be a bit more awkward depending on what time you leave, that's the problem.
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

subzero

Post by subzero » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:43 am

Spector wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:
Scotland is a small village in the north of England, have I got that right? I don't know... sounds kinda scary to me going up there.

Basically its a train and bus, but the bus part might be a bit more awkward depending on what time you leave, that's the problem.

ach wheres yer scrotums laddie???

Juggernaut Headcrush

Post by Juggernaut Headcrush » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:

The 27 (NOT the 27A or 27B) takes you from Glasgow, through my hometown and straight to the door of the hotel in Kilsyth. Takes about 45 minutes.

GarryG

Post by GarryG » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Umm... where's kilsyth? :oops:

I'm in fife, and I'm not driving through Glasgow... I invariably get lost, then swear a lot, then the wife shouts at me :mrgreen:
Why not visit my ramblings at Garry's Gaming Blog

monkeychunkuk

Post by monkeychunkuk » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:23 pm

I wish i could travke that far up but it a bit ouch of reach for me,do we have anything like this in the south of uk?

subzero

Post by subzero » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:31 pm

if your travelling from fife, kilsyth is BEFORE glasgow, i went past it last night on the way to glasgow..also if your travelling by train CROY is closer to kilsyth that glasgow is!