Secret Santa 2012!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

mainvein

Re: Secret Santa 2012!

Post by mainvein » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:23 am

No probs mate, cheers for the lot, was bizarre to open a package that had an oink comic in especially as I still have the first ten or so still, brought back some good memories :-) I also used to have a full set of those choose your own adventures too when I was a kid, almost like you must have seen into my room about 20 years ago :-)

I already a have incredible crisis, so it's all ok, but your disc was in better nick than mine :-)

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:57 am

Ooh, Subzero was my one? Cheers, you've been redeemed!

A Pac-Man money box (shaped like his head, the 3D variety), and when you put coins in the top it goes "WAKKAWAKKAWAKKA" really loudly. I was annoying my sister with it all day :D

Also a Joust sticker and a tube of Drumsticks, yeah. Very nice and cheers :D

And Detective Helen's already figured out that I was her one, well done.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

subzero

Post by subzero » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:24 am

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Ooh, Subzero was my one? Cheers, you've been redeemed!

A Pac-Man money box (shaped like his head, the 3D variety), and when you put coins in the top it goes "WAKKAWAKKAWAKKA" really loudly. I was annoying my sister with it all day :D

Also a Joust sticker and a tube of Drumsticks, yeah. Very nice and cheers :D

And Detective Helen's already figured out that I was her one, well done.
glad you liked them dude :)

tachi

Post by tachi » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:12 am

Well I was Sel Feena's SS but I can only assume they disliked the choices as they haven't posted anything about it :cry:
I go them the Final Fantasy VII Reunion Soundtrack, a Disgaea 4 promotional figure and 1000 Game Heroes Art Book.
Oh well..
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:29 pm

I was SnowKatts SS, hope you liked the gifts :)

I should find out what I have got tomorrow as my wife has returned to the states today and she has permission to open it (if its arrived). :)
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

ZXSabreman

Post by ZXSabreman » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Sadly mine still hasn't arrived so I have officially given up on it, on a plus note I did receive Under Defeat through the post today 8)
"Time fades even legend..."

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:06 am

ZXSabreman wrote:Sadly mine still hasn't arrived so I have officially given up on it, on a plus note I did receive Under Defeat through the post today 8)
Your secret santa had trouble and the sending of your gift was delayed, although i'd expected it to be with you by now, your sender is a very reliable person in my opinion, i'm sure he can shed some light on the matter
my apologies
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:20 am

tachi wrote:Well I was Sel Feena's SS but I can only assume they disliked the choices as they haven't posted anything about it :cry:
I go them the Final Fantasy VII Reunion Soundtrack, a Disgaea 4 promotional figure and 1000 Game Heroes Art Book.
Oh well..

I wouldn't worry about it, looks like most people haven't written aboutwhattheygot, my secret Santa was yak mag and he hasn't written anything, doesn't mean he doesn't like it :-)

By the way I would have liked your presents :D

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:33 am

I was Retrogardens SS.

All he put was 'consoles owned - xbox360' so Im sorry that I had to play it safe with the 800 points, rather that then get you a game you already had :wink:

Thought Project Eden was a niche enough title, that you didn't have it, so went that route as well. :wink:

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:46 pm

mainvein wrote:
tachi wrote:Well I was Sel Feena's SS but I can only assume they disliked the choices as they haven't posted anything about it :cry:
Oh well..

I wouldn't worry about it, looks like most people haven't written aboutwhattheygot, my secret Santa was yak mag and he hasn't written anything, doesn't mean he doesn't like it :-)

By the way I would have liked your presents :D

No not heard owt from my recipient. Not going to admit to who it was until I know they liked it!

Just another thanks to my Secret Santa felgekarp, am so chuffed I got someone who got presents that were just perfect for me! :D :D :D
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:05 am

tachi, sorry I haven't't posted anything, your gifts were awesome. Especially like the Disgaea figure. I also feel the need to apologise to Mohicankid for the delay, I'm not organised at the best of times. So very sorry fella.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:59 am

My recipient has been on the quiet side as well. Hope everything is ok
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:16 am

the_hawk wrote:
shiftytigger wrote:As for mine I dont know who sent it but they are very much appreciated and in use since xmas. Constantly.
So glad you liked 'em & I'm delighted you didn't pick them up before Xmas yourself!

When I saw that I'd got you in the draw I had a mild panic as I remembered you were in a similar position to myself where you were "downsizing" your stuff, so the last thing you'd want would be more retro gubbins....thankfully it wasn't too tricky to think of what to get you in the end as (a) It's one of the first things you requested in your "wants" thread & (b) I Absolutely LOVE Gradius on the PSP so I'd a fair idea (well hoped anyway) you'd like it.

The Transformers comics thing is similar to what I did with my old computer mags & 80's comics, hopefully you'll be able to get them on your kindle ok & hopefully the scan quality is decent. :D
The comics came through brilliantly - had to install a reader on my phone to use them but works well so no issues. As for Gradius apart from the major celebration days it has been in use since then and still going strong. Cannot thank you enough - seriously impressed and very grateful.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:41 am

shiftytigger wrote:The comics came through brilliantly - had to install a reader on my phone to use them but works well so no issues.
Excellent, that's great to hear. :D

I bet it's still going to be tough parting with the originals though.

Still don't know who got my Tetris clock yet....but whoever did THANK YOU, it's ace. :D
Last edited by the_hawk on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:49 pm

hi guys, just want to reasure ZXSabreman that his gift is on the way, i'm pretty sure i posted his 2 weeks before christmas, so was a little suprised when it turned up in a pile of gifts meant for my friend on xmas day, sadly i just havnt had time to post it till now as work is stupidly busy this time of year!
so once again, sorry :( but its on its way :)
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...