Retro Derby - 17/18 November

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

C16

Retro Derby - 17/18 November

Post by C16 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:25 pm

We're planning on running a 8/16 bit retro event in Derby during November.  The event will be aimed at raising funds for cancer charity's and having loads of fun.  The venue is very close to Derby city centre and can accommodate around 30 machines and up to approximately sixty people.  I've recently permanently moved my Commodore 16 collection to the venue.  We have three large rooms with projectors and screens which will be great for multiplayer games.  It won't be limited to just one brand of retro machines as we'd love to see many others too.

At the moment were getting a feeling for numbers and interest in the event.  I'd love it to be successful so we can raise funds for the decided charity's and have an amazing weekend.  The weekend that's been pencilled in is the 17th & 18th November.  Everyone is welcome.

If your interested in attending please message me or Shaun Bebbington. 

C16

Re: Retro event in Derby

Post by C16 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:38 pm

It's now less than a week away to our retro event in Derby. RCM is providing some amazing support and it's looking like it will be a great weekend.

If you fancy coming along during the weekend, please feel free. The event doesn't have a admittance charge, but a donation box for two worthy cancer charities.

There are going to be approximately twenty five different computers/consoles to play and experience. If your a Commodore 16 fan, it's your opportunity to see the largest collection probably in the world.

We've got a Facebook page where all the address details and timings are posted.

https://www.facebook.com/events/181476701988145/

Regards,

Chris
www.commodore16.com