Dr Who something bugged me

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DPrinny

Dr Who something bugged me

Post by DPrinny » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:29 am

Ok the series starter was great and all that, I love the idea of a planet full of Daleks that are a bit mad, but one bit bugged me

Really?

The Beans

Re: Dr Who something bugged me

Post by The Beans » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:52 am

The torch?
I was more bugged by the huge gaping plot hole of the daleks "forgetting" The Doctor.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:57 am

I assumed he meant how it appears the door is wide open as he slides under. I didn't even notice the torch till you pointed it out :lol:

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:00 am

It's great to see the series upholding the continuity standards of the old days though. :D

We just need a few more spaceships made out of washing up liquid bottles and we're sorted.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:03 am

Its the sliding.
It dont work like that.

All the hi tech gubbins going on and I get bugged by some sod sliding on the floot

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:18 am

I thought it was a good 'un. I also wanted to high five Amy & Rory in the face with a chair within seconds. I'm glad they are out the door. The Doctor? Is fast becoming my fave. I liked the souffle thing too.

What annoyed me the most? The force field CANNOT be penetrated by anything ever, we'll just shoot you through it and you can turn it off.

dste

Post by dste » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:53 am

koopa42 wrote:What annoyed me the most? The force field CANNOT be penetrated by anything ever, we'll just shoot you through it and you can turn it off.
They shot them through a crack in the forcefield that had been created by the Alaska crashing.

I don't get why they put the off switch to the forcefield inside the forcefield.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:13 pm

dste wrote:
koopa42 wrote:What annoyed me the most? The force field CANNOT be penetrated by anything ever, we'll just shoot you through it and you can turn it off.
They shot them through a crack in the forcefield that had been created by the Alaska crashing.

I don't get why they put the off switch to the forcefield inside the forcefield.
Yeah :roll: I watched the episode, I get that, it's still bullshit, if they could fire 3 people through? I'm sure they could fire some kind of planet destroying bomb, it's the fecking Daleks for fcuks sake

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:29 pm

DPrinny wrote:Its the sliding.
It dont work like that.

All the hi tech gubbins going on and I get bugged by some sod sliding on the floot
It was like he was being dragged through on a rope...or pretending to be Indiana Jones. The slow-motion was funny as well in an unnecessary way.

Still, it was a good episode. I presume the Daleks asking "Doctor Who?" at the end is the question that was mentioned throughout the last series. Cannot see the Daleks forgetting the Doctor completely forever.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:44 pm

This whole "forgetting the doctor" thing is what really bothered me, i can't see how it's a good thing!
they've openly admitted to being on the run from him, and in this episode they even mention making themselves stronger to protect against him, the truth is they are terrified of him, but now as far as they're aware they have no predator so can go right back to trying to destroy the universe and everything in it with no fear of reprisals! why would the doctor be happy about that???
i did like the fact that they weren't just using the new style early learning center daleks though, good to see they backtracked on that decision after the hate from the fans, but human daleks? thats almost as lame as those human transformers!
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:51 pm

ReplayRetro wrote: i did like the fact that they weren't just using the new style early learning center daleks though, good to see they backtracked on that decision after the hate from the fans,
Any excuse to re-post this ace vid :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sXpInWFVVo
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Prefer my version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yIRid_RsIs

It has more rifage

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:10 pm

DPrinny wrote:Prefer my version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yIRid_RsIs

It has more rifage
I did actually search for yours first but couldn't find it. It's how I saw the whole Mighty Morphin' Power Daleks p1sstake in the first place :lol:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:12 pm

I should of mentioned Dr Who in the title, but it would spoil the joke

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:38 pm

You lot werent paying attention much were you :wink:

*SPOILER*

The girl who turns out to have been later converted into a dalek deletes the doctor from their memory bank, which turned out to not only make the asylum bound daleks forget but the ones on the ships above too.

Now what bugs me is how this Human to Dalek conversion thing works, we are bigger than the daleks actual form.
Watching you sleep since 1990