Wimbledon Championship 2012

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

greenberet79

Re: Wimbledon Championship 2012

Post by greenberet79 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:44 am

That match was AMAZING! Brilliant tennis. Wimbledon really comes into its own when it gets past 8pm!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

crusto

Post by crusto » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:47 am

thl wrote:The shock keeps coming in the women singles as Caroline Wozniacki fell to defeat in the first round. Same for Samantha Stosur who went out in the second round.

Another easy win for Federer as he progress into the third round.
I had a feeling she might struggle against Pasek, I watched the Eastbourne final and Pasek was excellent in that, winning it. She had also knocked out Bartoli in the semi's.

Eat your nans pants

thl

Post by thl » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:12 pm

Looks like Andy Murray is on the mission as he got passed Marin Cilic and recently David Ferrer. Now he's into the semi final as Tsonga will be his opponent. Another comfortable win for Federer and Djokovic as they both meet in the semi final, which will be a must see.

Plus the surprise keeps coming in the women singles as Sharapova crashed out to Lisicki. This could be a chance for Serena Williams after beating Petra Kvitova and she'll face Victoria Azarenka in the last four. Radwanska is also a contender for the grand slam after edging out Kirilenko.

This is getting interesting.

crusto

Post by crusto » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Cant wait for the Federer Djokovic match. I would love to see Federer win it. And I think he stands his best chance while playing on the grass. As for Murray, hes got a great record versus Tsonga, won 5 out of 6 so im told. He'll probably lose then :lol: . Seriously though, this is probably going to be his best ever chance of getting to the final until Federer retires, so he should be desperate to get through.

Would love to see a Federer Murray final, with Federer winning it.

Something thats annoying me is the prize money debate, what the women are failing to realise is that they are actually earning more money than the men because they are playing far less tennis for it. At the very least they should all be playing best of 5 sets. Dont know what all the fuss is about really from their point of view. If I was a pro player I wouldnt be particularly pleased that women were getting equally rewarded for playing less tennis, and dare I say it, even though they are indeed excellent, to a lower standard.

Eat your nans pants

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:44 am

Why don't the women play best-of-5? I've never understood it.

A Federer/Murray final would be awesome, though Djokovic and Tspnga are very big hurdles!!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:52 am

greenberet79 wrote:Why don't the women play best-of-5? I've never understood it.

A Federer/Murray final would be awesome, though Djokovic and Tspnga are very big hurdles!!
Totally agree, if they want to be paid the same amount of money then play the same amount of sets.

Glad Murray won, tough game, got a day of rest until friday. I just want to see an english, sorry britishman ;) in a Wimbledon final in my lifetime. Hope he wins on Friday

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:10 am

Federer beats Djokovic!

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Murray's still British! :mrgreen:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:27 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:Murray's still British! :mrgreen:
Well done that man!

Roll on Sunday.
Thoughts and prayers.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:36 pm

I feel a bit sorry for Jonathan Marray. First Brit in the men's doubles final for over fifty years, and everyone's talking about Andy Murray.

I guess he'll have to go back to being English if he loses though. :D

muppetboy

Post by muppetboy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Watching Andy Murray play is like watching Tim Henman all over again. I now have no flipping nails left! All the same; it makes a refreshing change for a Brit to get through to the final. :)

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:46 pm

I've just been watching the Men's Doubles final and that was pure fairytale.

Not only is Marray still British, but it seems that Nielsen is as well now. :lol:

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:11 pm

Matt_B wrote:... Jonathan Marray... I guess he'll have to go back to being English if he loses though. :D
Matt_B wrote:... Not only is Marray still British
Hmm, your 'joke' doesn't really work though does it?
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:53 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Matt_B wrote:... Jonathan Marray... I guess he'll have to go back to being English if he loses though. :D
Obviously not for you. Still, it's not that subtle and I can live in hope that someone out there will get it. :wink:

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:38 pm

Matt_B wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:
Obviously not for you. Still, it's not that subtle and I can live in hope that someone out there will get it. :wink:
Oh, I 'got' the 'joke'...