2012/13 Football season chat

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

dste

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by dste » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:49 pm

psj3809 wrote:Was the Reading game on first ? I stupidly hadnt taped it. I used to avoid the results and watch match of the day 'live' but when its the first game and a teams say 2-0 or 3-0 down you know it'll be a comeback as its the first game on !
I don't know whether you are thinking of something else or whether I am misunderstanding your post. It was Final Score on BBC1 about ten minutes before the end of the matches where there sit around and go to the commentators at the games.

Just as I flicked on the commentator from the Madejski Stadium was saying how it was 0-2.

Forest today released Robbie Findley by mutual consent and have had an offer for George Boyd turned down.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:22 am

Just meant on Match of the Day.

If you avoid the results, you know the first game they show will obviously be a cracker, so if on MOTD on the first highglihts, you're watching and one teams losing 2-0, you just know the other team will come back to win.

When Reading first got to the premiership a few years back i used to avoid the result to watch it 'live' on MOTD. If Reading were on first you knew the game was going to be a great one, if they were late on in the pecking order you knew it was a 3-0 loss or 0-0. Just ruined it a bit.

dste

Post by dste » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:33 pm

I see, I did misunderstand your post.

So Pep Guardiola has signed a three year contract with Bayern Munich, one off the list for Chelsea.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Spector

Post by Spector » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:26 pm

dste wrote:I see, I did misunderstand your post.

So Pep Guardiola has signed a three year contract with Bayern Munich, one off the list for Chelsea.
Yes, Pep for Bayern. So much for Chelsea's Operation Guardiola. They were trying so hard, but for nada. I never thought he'd go there because the set up and players Chelsea have just don't suit him, but I'm surprised he didn't go to Man City instead. This might mean that Benitez will stay beyond this season. What a thought for Chelsea fans, eh? :lol:

Still there's the option of Jose 'La Mierda' Mourinho if Abramovich can swallow his pride. After all, with Madrid currently 47 points behind Barcelona in the league, he's not exactly the most popular guy in the capital right now.
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

dste

Post by dste » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Forest have sacked Keith Burt and Frank Clark. :(

But have also finally binned Mark Arthur. :D :D :D
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:48 pm

Can't understand the Adkins sacking at all - immensely popular among the fans and looked like he was gonna keep Southampton up. And replacing him with a guy who can't speak (much) English - shrewd... [/sarcasm]

dste

Post by dste » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:Can't understand the Adkins sacking at all[/sarcasm]
Same here, especially as they are now three points clear of the relegation zone and had only lost two out of their last twelve league games.

Ridiculous I thought.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:13 pm

Get in there, a great win for Reading, good old le Fondre comes on as a sub and gets 2 goals. Huge win for Reading, still just about in the relegation zone but back in the thick of it amongst the other teams (were 5 points off the other week). Mid week game against Chelsea coming up which i'm not too hopeful about but theyre back in it (for now)

dste

Post by dste » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:25 pm

^^Villa drew 2-2 so you are only a point behind now.

1-1 draw for us today against Derby away. Good goal from us and then crap play from us for their goal. :roll:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

Graham Humphrey

Post by Graham Humphrey » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:23 pm

Made the long trip to Anfield yesterday. Wish I didn't...
Lemon Amiga is now on YouTube and Facebook!

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:13 am

^Good on you though, obviously a dire result but well done for going, you cant always turn up to the 3-0 wins !

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:32 am

I see the FA cup game between Man U & Fulham is on live this weekend zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Both Saturday games are all premier league ties that have been picked ahead of Brighton v Arsenal and also there are a couple of non-league sides still in the 4th round playing against premier league teams & neither of their games are being televised. Way to keep the romance of the FA Cup going tele companies.

I'd love to know when the last time Manchester United played an FA cup game that wasn't televised. :?
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:02 pm

the_hawk wrote:I see the FA cup game between Man U & Fulham is on live this weekend zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Both Saturday games are all premier league ties that have been picked ahead of Brighton v Arsenal and also there are a couple of non-league sides still in the 4th round playing against premier league teams & neither of their games are being televised. Way to keep the romance of the FA Cup going tele companies.

I'd love to know when the last time Manchester United played an FA cup game that wasn't televised. :?

I agree Prem vs Prem (especially when they're not derbies/grudge matches) are snooze-fests.

Maccledfield vs Wigan, Reading vs Sheff Utd or even QPR vs Dons should be shown rather than Man U.

Sunday is much better with Oldham vs L'pool and the tie of the round Leeds vs Spurs.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Well, would you Adam and Eve it! Bradford City are through to the League Cup Final! Yay!

[everyone together now...] BRADFORD (chachacha) BRADFORD (chachacha) BRADFORD (chachacha) BRADFORD.... :D :lol:

Now, if it is Chelsea in the final that would (practically) guarantee Bradford entry into the Europa Cup next season. How's about that then for a League 2 team! :D

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:45 pm

fantastic result for Bradford, woeful from Villa though, dreadful stuff.

would be great to see bradford win it!