2012/13 Football season chat

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

dste

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by dste » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Made our first signing of the window today in the form of Stephen McLaughlin from Derry City. He's a 22 year old left winger.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:17 pm

WAY TO GO BRADFORD! Woohoo! Can you Adam and Eve it? BradCity 3-1 AVilla. Granted, a tougher second leg awaits at Villa, but a 2-goal advantage is a good start. Can they do it? Can they reach the final? And if that final is against Chelsea they've got themselves a shot at the Europa League! English Division 2 in Europe? COME ON, CITY! :D

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:35 pm

aston villa are crap, they really are, every chance they will be relegated this season

edit:
No need to skip the swear filter - you can use alternative words that have the same meaning :wink: Saves having to deal with reports too... Marko

dste

Post by dste » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:47 pm

^^They should get McLeish back... :wink:

According to reports Lee Camp has been told that he can leave on free transfer straight away. Could be heading to Reading.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:52 pm

The clock is ticking for a certain rotund spanish restaurant employee...
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

Spector

Post by Spector » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:47 pm

jdanddiet wrote:The clock is ticking for a certain rotund spanish restaurant employee...
I don't think that's true. Benitez looks to be there for a set time which ends in less than five months as a stopgap for Operation Guardiola. Really pleased for Swansea and Laudrup though. He believes in "the way", and with results like tonight's, he's also proving you don't need to have Xavi and Iniesta to play attractive football at the top level.
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:52 pm

chelsea deserve to fail, the treatment of the various managers has been appalling

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:21 am

Spector wrote:
jdanddiet wrote:The clock is ticking for a certain rotund spanish restaurant employee...
I don't think that's true. Benitez looks to be there for a set time which ends in less than five months as a stopgap for Operation Guardiola.
Exactly, i never thought he would be long term, just till the end of this season until Guardiola surely comes aboard

Was very surprised by the scoreline though, this carling cup final will be quite bizarre if its Bradford vs Swansea ! Second legs should be pretty good after the flak i'm sure the fans have given Villa and Chelsea

dste

Post by dste » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Couple of loan signings for Forest in the past couple of days, Gonzalo Jara Reyes from West Brom and Elliott Ward from Norwich.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:38 am

Spector wrote:
I don't think that's true. Benitez looks to be there for a set time which ends in less than five months as a stopgap for Operation Guardiola. Really pleased for Swansea and Laudrup though. He believes in "the way", and with results like tonight's, he's also proving you don't need to have Xavi and Iniesta to play attractive football at the top level.
Yeah it's not like roman Abramovich ever does anything on a whim or illogically

Trust me, he loses another 3 games in a row he's gone
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:27 pm

Well Reading should thank me today. I'm working today but had the Reading game on in the background and watched bits of that, 2-0 down i couldnt watch anymore so turned it off and put music on. Viewed the page online to see any updates and couldnt believe the comeback. HUGE win for Reading, life in the old dog yet.

3 goals in the last 9 minutes to beat West Brom 3-2, huge huge win. Chelseas coming up so thats probably a loss but theyre clinging on there. 10 points now from their last 5 games which isnt too bad.

Spector

Post by Spector » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:06 pm

jdanddiet wrote: Yeah it's not like roman Abramovich ever does anything on a whim or illogically

Trust me, he loses another 3 games in a row he's gone
Well, it would certainly be illogical for the manager of a club like Chelsea on his terms and wages to be sacked for losing to Swansea in the Capitol One Cup! You must know that’s not going to happen. If a big team loses three in a row in the League, that’s different, because along with the European Cup, that’s what owners like Abramovich are in this for; it’s certainly not to win the League Cup. After all, who won it last year? And where’s the manager of that team now?
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

dste

Post by dste » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:55 pm

psj3809 wrote:Well Reading should thank me today.
I put on Final Score at the 80th minute and they were going on about Reading being 2-0 down, then spent the next fifteen minutes just sitting there listening to the goals being banged in, couldn't believe it every time one went in.

Absolutely brilliant result.

2-1 win for us over Peterborough yesterday, Darlow in goal and Camp nowhere to be seen.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Aston Villa :D awful

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:54 pm

dste wrote:
psj3809 wrote:Well Reading should thank me today.
I put on Final Score at the 80th minute and they were going on about Reading being 2-0 down, then spent the next fifteen minutes just sitting there listening to the goals being banged in, couldn't believe it every time one went in.

Absolutely brilliant result.

2-1 win for us over Peterborough yesterday, Darlow in goal and Camp nowhere to be seen.
Was the Reading game on first ? I stupidly hadnt taped it. I used to avoid the results and watch match of the day 'live' but when its the first game and a teams say 2-0 or 3-0 down you know it'll be a comeback as its the first game on !

Great result though. There were rumours of Danny Welbeck coming to Reading for the rest of the season but cant see that happening now. Reading have done very well the last 4 games but need to carry on playing well

Weird seeing the likes of Villa so low