2012/13 Football season chat

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

IronMaidenRule
Posts: 4413
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:44 pm

4-1 Away win for Coventry against Doncaster, 7pts off Play-Offs and 11pts off the Top Spot......will see what happens in January transfer window, but we might get promotion after all :mrgreen:

User avatar
koopa42
Posts: 5903
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:48 am
Location: Playing the victim apparently?

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by koopa42 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:47 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... dlovu.html

:( :( :( My fave Coventry player of all time, the only name I have ever gotten put on the back of a shirt :( :( :( :( :( bad times

IronMaidenRule
Posts: 4413
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:38 am

koopa42 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... dlovu.html

:( :( :( My fave Coventry player of all time, the only name I have ever gotten put on the back of a shirt :( :( :( :( :( bad times
Very sad indeed, lots of get well messages on Twitter, very liked player by all.

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7097
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by dste » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:26 pm

^^Instantly thought of you two when I read the news, hopefully he will pull through.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

User avatar
koopa42
Posts: 5903
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:48 am
Location: Playing the victim apparently?

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by koopa42 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:40 pm

He's out of danger now apparently, so that's good

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7097
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by dste » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:05 am

2-0 loss away to Watford yesterday.

Leaves us in 11th, four points behind play-offs.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7097
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by dste » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Good result for Chelsea today, 8-0 win over Villa.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

IronMaidenRule
Posts: 4413
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by IronMaidenRule » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:27 am

dste wrote:Good result for Chelsea today, 8-0 win over Villa.
This result made me :mrgreen: for geographical reasons!

On another good note, Leon Clarke looks to be joining Coventry.

IronMaidenRule
Posts: 4413
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by IronMaidenRule » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Great result away to Steveanage today...only 5pts off the play-offs now :mrgreen:

User avatar
koopa42
Posts: 5903
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:48 am
Location: Playing the victim apparently?

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by koopa42 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:26 pm

IronMaidenRule wrote:Great result away to Steveanage today...only 5pts off the play-offs now :mrgreen:
Yeah but every result like this inreases McGoldrick's value ..... I hope to FOOK we can get him.

IronMaidenRule
Posts: 4413
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by IronMaidenRule » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:35 pm

koopa42 wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:Great result away to Steveanage today...only 5pts off the play-offs now :mrgreen:
Yeah but every result like this inreases McGoldrick's value ..... I hope to FOOK we can get him.
Just heard Nottingham Forest have sacked there manager....quick throw a sack load of money at the Forest chairman before another manager decides he is part of the first team :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7097
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by dste » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:32 am

^^Bloody ridiculous, 4-2 win over Leeds and one point outside the play-offs and we get rid of him, absolute joke. At least Henning Berg genuinely did crap.

The names being mentioned for the position are an absolute joke as well. :roll:

You can keep McGoldrick, great for you but crap for us unfortunately.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

IronMaidenRule
Posts: 4413
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by IronMaidenRule » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:01 pm

dste wrote:^^Bloody ridiculous, 4-2 win over Leeds and one point outside the play-offs and we get rid of him, absolute joke. At least Henning Berg genuinely did crap.

The names being mentioned for the position are an absolute joke as well. :roll:

You can keep McGoldrick, great for you but crap for us unfortunately.
Over recent seasons I have started to notice some players only do well in the final year of their contracts or when bigger teams are sniffing around. Clinton Morrison knocked in a few when he wanted a new contract, Leon Best had a great start to the season then sodded off to Newcastle and Richard Wood has suddenly start being a super defender now his contract is up for renewal, I really hope this sudden rise in David McGoldricks form is just not to engineer a move away from Nottingham Forrest to another club, then his form drops off to start picking up the regular pay packets again :roll:

User avatar
koopa42
Posts: 5903
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:48 am
Location: Playing the victim apparently?

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by koopa42 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:07 pm

We are not going to get him. New manager? They won't want to sell unless he punched him in the face a few years back or something :( then it will give SISU the chance to say 'oooooooh we offered 8 muill for him, honest' :(

IronMaidenRule
Posts: 4413
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by IronMaidenRule » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:17 pm

koopa42 wrote:We are not going to get him. New manager? They won't want to sell unless he punched him in the face a few years back or something :( then it will give SISU the chance to say 'oooooooh we offered 8 muill for him, honest' :(
Just seen some comments made by Robins about the situation, looks like they are trying to keep him but as with most things it will depend on if he wants to continue his first team regularity and possible trip to Wembley with us or move for the money. Also, according to the BBC a statement will be made tomorrow about the Ricoh and CCFC.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest