Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

dste

Re: 2012/13 Football season chat

Post by dste » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Oldham at home for us in the Cup.

Touch wood we should go through.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Another good night for the Sky Blues, beat Sheffield United 4-1 on pens in the Tin Pot Cup...into the last 8 now....finally a trip to Wembley in my life time?

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:35 pm

IronMaidenRule wrote:Another good night for the Sky Blues, beat Sheffield United 4-1 on pens in the Tin Pot Cup...into the last 8 now....finally a trip to Wembley in my life time?
87!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:24 pm

So, is the the end for the Sky Blues? Bad bad times. Hard to tell what is truth and what is fiction these days, as a fan? It's ragin'

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:42 pm

koopa42 wrote:So, is the the end for the Sky Blues? Bad bad times. Hard to tell what is truth and what is fiction these days, as a fan? It's ragin'
Either way it will be the critical point we have all been waiting for, either SISU will pay up and prove they are interested in the club, or they let the club fold. Personally, I have had enough of their BS and would happily support a new Coventry City, even if it was in the Ryman league.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:14 pm

IronMaidenRule wrote:
koopa42 wrote:So, is the the end for the Sky Blues? Bad bad times. Hard to tell what is truth and what is fiction these days, as a fan? It's ragin'
Either way it will be the critical point we have all been waiting for, either SISU will pay up and prove they are interested in the club, or they let the club fold. Personally, I have had enough of their BS and would happily support a new Coventry City, even if it was in the Ryman league.
I'm the other way, I probably will bin footy entirely if we go but agree SISU are totally at fault (as well as a lot of the sheep brigade in our fan base, proper head in the sand types). This sh1t has been coming like a slow freight train for at least 3 years now, we made the fatal mistake of not accepting admin at any point, we could have been in a 3rd year of a new build by now.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:02 am

koopa42 wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:
I'm the other way, I probably will bin footy entirely if we go but agree SISU are totally at fault (as well as a lot of the sheep brigade in our fan base, proper head in the sand types). This sh1t has been coming like a slow freight train for at least 3 years now, we made the fatal mistake of not accepting admin at any point, we could have been in a 3rd year of a new build by now.
I think we are the perfect example of why supports need to be protect against the fact anybody can buy a football team, it was all promises and fake smiles when they took over and the club has been passed about the SISU board room like a toy for them all the play with, now the toy needs some attention and some cash, it is likely they will chuck us in the bin......makes me sick! The FA needs to sort this kind of thing out, or the English football leagues are going to be a wasteland of ruined teams by bad owners.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:12 am

@ IronMaidenRule:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/c ... -32387539/

If that IS true? What in the sky blue F##K are they thinking turning it down?

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:10 pm

koopa42 wrote:@ IronMaidenRule:

From what I have heard, SISU do have the cash but they are just dragging it all out to ruin ACL, then SISU will feast on their bodies and start buying up bits of the Ricoh.....not an ethical business plan, but if they keep giving Robins transfer funds I might forget some of the bad stuff......for a little while.

On the positive side, an excellent 5-1 win today, tricky away game next at Doncaster.....might try and buy an away ticket for that.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Wrexham 6 - 1 Nuneaton :D :D :D - hopefully the sticky patch is out the way, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE no more play-offs!

And hearing worrying rumours about Samaras to Liverpool :( - please Brendan, don't bring in that donkey!

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:40 pm

disgraceful behaviour from the bitter blues at wastelands, a hefty fine and points deduction would be fullly deserved

dste

Post by dste » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:51 pm

2-0 win at home to Burnley at the weekend left us in ninth, one point off the Play-offs. :D
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:57 am

IronMaidenRule wrote:

From what I have heard, SISU do have the cash but they are just dragging it all out to ruin ACL, then SISU will feast on their bodies and start buying up bits of the Ricoh.....not an ethical business plan, but if they keep giving Robins transfer funds I might forget some of the bad stuff......for a little while.

On the positive side, an excellent 5-1 win today, tricky away game next at Doncaster.....might try and buy an away ticket for that.
They turn down that offer and now want to do this:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/c ... -32403936/

I hope it's just an empty threat

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:35 am

koopa42 wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:

They turn down that offer and now want to do this:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/c ... -32403936/

I hope it's just an empty threat
The will only work as a temporary home whilst other sites are found in Coventry for the construction of a new Stadium. Hopefully the Council and ACL will see sense that having two large stadiums in the city and one being empty is not a good thing.

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Way to go, Bradford City! Awesome result. Wonder who they will get in the Semi-final? And what chance of an appearance in next seaons Europa Cup?!! They've been in Europe before, so would be great to see them back there. The Arsy game will hopefully be the springboard they need to progress to League One.

And it appears they have also been reinstated to the FA Cup. Can they make it a triple success by the end of the season? FIngers crossed! :D