Cover Ddesign Number two
16%
Cover Design Number three
33%

Total votes: 49

silvergunner

Re: Coin-Op : The Arcade Guide

Post by silvergunner » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:07 am

Looks good I have to say. Love cover 3. Also for me that would stand out most on a store shelf without a doubt

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:28 am

silvergunner wrote:Looks good I have to say. Love cover 3. Also for me that would stand out most on a store shelf without a doubt
cheers buddy, but the poll determined book design number.1 , so this is the cover that has been chosen now..who knows..your choice should be in book number 2..:)
↓↓Click Link to See More
http://www.greyfoxbooks.com

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:14 pm

Hi All , I'm beginning my Coin-Op : Arcade Book awareness shortly and decided to share with you all here the quality I'm striving to present with this product..so enjoy, it originally was goning to be A5 format but based on the incredible feedback I've had, It will be A4 full spread ,130 pages packed back to back with over 600 high definition aspect ratio corrected gameplay captures, along with some extra content not yet revealed and I'm hoping to have the book out this year in both printed form and digital and also a special PC version of it, something I'm looking into, which I can't discuss at the moment ;)

[center]
Image[/center]

thanks for watcing.
Last edited by Greyfox on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
↓↓Click Link to See More

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:44 am

Can't wait :D

(Unless it's one of those mad £50+ books)
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:01 am

no mate..not one of those mad book £50+ books..if all goes well with a publisher and over heads it will either will be at £19.99 or £24.99 max , plus digital version is also be available at a much smaller price, what price, I don't know at the moment. :D
↓↓Click Link to See More

ChipTune

Post by ChipTune » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:01 pm

£20 - £25 is pretty pricey to be honest :(

I bought the Hardcore 101 Sega Arcade book for £13 on amazon.. so £15 is the max amount I would really pay for a book that isn't a massive 500 tome or something.

I can appreciate all the hard work that goes into something like this, but a high price will put off everyone but the most hardcore of fans I think.

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:18 pm

I'll be buying a physical copy. Looks awesome.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:02 pm

Me too. For a small print run full colour A4 book, £25 is quite reasonable. I've paid more for similar sized books, though they tended to be scarcer to come by.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:30 pm

I may have to go digital unless its not to bad on the postage but a definite purchase!
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:10 pm

ChipTune wrote:£20 - £25 is pretty pricey to be honest :(
I can appreciate all the hard work that goes into something like this, but a high price will put off everyone but the most hardcore of fans I think.
Firstly I'm sorry you feel like that and Appreciate your honesty, but in reality the cost of printing at this size and in complete full colour, simply determines the over all cost, the book was created as a swan song for me and something I've wanted to do for years, this was created completely for the love of classic vintage arcade games we all grew with and is portraited in a format which hasn't been done in this way, I've seen the Hardcore 101 book and is very good, but the book I created here is a much more heavy insight to the games contained inside , along with the did you know feature .. But if in a printed is too much, maybe consider a digital version instead?

Thanks for your feedback though, it all means allot and allows me to tighten things to help make it the best it can be :)
↓↓Click Link to See More

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Greyfox wrote:the book was created as a swan song for me
You're dying? :shock:
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:23 pm

He better not be because we have another project coming out around the same time as this :wink:

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:23 pm

Greyfox wrote:no mate..not one of those mad book £50+ books..if all goes well with a publisher and over heads it will either will be at £19.99 or £24.99 max , plus digital version is also be available at a much smaller price, what price, I don't know at the moment. :D
Keep the price tag down and you can count me in as another buyer :wink:

Why care about the weather
It always ends in dark

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:18 pm

20-25 quid per book is fine. This is an indie project, not some huge 10000 book print run with a main publisher backing it. You try getting a similar sized book printed in fill colour, it costs a fair bit.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:56 pm

ChipTune wrote:£20 - £25 is pretty pricey to be honest :(

I bought the Hardcore 101 Sega Arcade book for £13 on amazon.. so £15 is the max amount I would really pay for a book that isn't a massive 500 tome or something.

Here's a quick price guide from the internet of how much these things would cost, to put it into perspective. Note, that prices vary wildly, and the 3 below are the big 3 self publishing places.

Magcloud that would be :
20 issues, full colour. $405/£264 = £13 an issue. This would not be hardback, does not include shipping. shipping around $2.5 an issue.
http://www.magcloud.com/learn/features/print

Lulu:
well, 100 issues, hardback full colour: £27.99 a copy.
http://www.lulu.com/calculators/bookCal ... blish_book

Blurb -
Well, they're just ridiculous prices.