Cover Ddesign Number two
16%
Cover Design Number three
33%

Total votes: 49

Greyfox

Re: Coin-Op book: Arcade Guide Project Book

Post by Greyfox » Tue May 29, 2012 3:25 pm

just a bit of an update in case you all forgot, and thought I'd share with you one of the shootem'up Spreads from the books shootem'up section..

enjoy ;)

↓↓Click Link to See More
http://www.greyfoxbooks.com

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Tue May 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Nice! :D

ChipTune

Post by ChipTune » Wed May 30, 2012 5:17 am

I would very much like a copy of this book when it's done.. do you have a date for it's release yet??

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Wed May 30, 2012 10:39 am

ChipTune wrote:I would very much like a copy of this book when it's done.. do you have a date for it's release yet??

I hoping at the later half of this year, depending if all goes well with some of the content I wish to include, possible August to November time frame, if not sooner, could be a good xmas pressie :)
↓↓Click Link to See More

ChipTune

Post by ChipTune » Wed May 30, 2012 11:56 am

Greyfox wrote:
ChipTune wrote:I would very much like a copy of this book when it's done.. do you have a date for it's release yet??

I hoping at the later half of this year, depending if all goes well with some of the content I wish to include, possible August to November time frame, if not sooner, could be a good xmas pressie :)
Well it would be for myself, but then I am used to buying myself christmas presents :D

Are you taking any requests for arcade games to be featured?

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Wed May 30, 2012 12:49 pm

ChipTune wrote:Are you taking any requests for arcade games to be featured?
No, as I've all the games I want included in the book already and due to the amount of work I'm doing on this project, taking requests would be an outrageous undertaking and you'd be getting ridiculous requests for game with little or no information on them, obscure titles and the likes, I believe that the games I have included in this book will satisfactory to the end reader and believe Me ,their is allot in here, to keep all the die hards happy, but if I ever do another one I will ask the forums out there for recommendations :)
↓↓Click Link to See More

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:13 pm

it's being awhile and work is still continuing on the book..and thought I would like to give you all another tease of it's progress :P

first up is a game that never gets covered and deserves to be

Thunderblade (Sega 1987)

and for all you Strider fans out there..you know who you are :)

Strider (Capcom 1989)

hope you like what you see..as this is gonna be super visual heavy..with all sorts of arcade gaming goodness when I'm done..

be good ;)
↓↓Click Link to See More

Antiriad2097

Re: Coin-Op : The Arcade Guide

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Any update on this?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:55 pm

Missed this completely when it was posted originally. It looks fantastic! An update would be great.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:45 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:Any update on this?
FatTrucker wrote:Missed this completely when it was posted originally. It looks fantastic! An update would be great.
Well I want to thank the both of you firstly :) for sharing an interest in this project, I'm 92% finished it now as, I've been involved in other Retro related epic-ness you'll be all hearing about very soon, so watch out for it, I have about 11 pages yet to create which will finish the book off, as it takes allot of time having to play through all those classic arcade games (some one has to do it :) ), snapshot and composite the spreads, draft up the review, have it proof read and finalized by my proof reader, but I have to say as a Retro gamer, this book has some fanatstic stuff in it , I'd love to talk about but can't, you'll all just have to wait and see also I'm struggling with sourcing out a publisher to print and distribute this book, that meets all my criteria for what I want for this book, It is also planned to have a website for purchasing, in printed form, and digital media formats (PDF, Epub, Mobi, and possibly for the Kindle Fire) plus an actual downloadable flip-book executable to run on your PC with music and sound fx and possible in-book video gameplay..while you read :) , so while I get all that together, I'll throw you one and all a bone with some more inside looks at the book..enjoy :)

The Contents Pages:

Rastan (Taito 1987)

Gauntlet (Atari Games 1985)

:)
↓↓Click Link to See More

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:49 am

Also missed this originally, it's looking fantastic! Very colourful and, well, FULL. There's too much minimalism in books these days, and this looks like the opposite of that - good one :D
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:55 am

yes this is majorly packed with graphics from all those classic Arcade games, over 500 screens in fact, not including the logo extractions and background graphics..yes..all this minimal is just another excuse to give bear amount and keep things at the same price etc..well this will justify all that when it comes out..thanks for your interest :)
↓↓Click Link to See More

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:40 pm

Thanks for the update Greyfox, I was worried other projects or life in general had halted this so its great to hear there's solid progress. Not too long to go now. Put me down for a pre-order as this looks right up my street as a change from some of the staid gaming history books I have.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:33 pm

Very interested in this as well. You've got another preorder/sale from me. :D

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:35 pm

Got an order from me too, looks excellent :)
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex