PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 13-14 October 2012, Manchester

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Scapegoat

Re: PLAY EXPO (formerly Replay), 13-14 October 2012, Manches

Post by Scapegoat » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:14 pm

I'll be commuting from Leeds, on my own on the Saturday and with family on the Sunday. Quite looking forward to it.
HADDOCKEN!

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:24 pm

OK, havantgotaclue isn't coming :'(
So, me, mike.o.polo.lad, Milton and anther mate will arrive Friday evening.
Boyo.... there is a bed for you and the last bed goes to lorenzo:-)

Usually there is more room, so watch out for posts on here Friday night in case anyone is struggling for sleeping space.... :-)
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

SIR'86

Post by SIR'86 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:24 am

I've booked my tickets :mrgreen:

Taking the family on Saturday, then back on my own on Sunday.

Might drive over, so if anyone from Sheffield wants a lift on Sunday I'll have some spare seats.

vp002

Post by vp002 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:21 am

Hi ,

any one know which of the days walter day will be there ?

or is he there over both ?

ta vinny

subzero

Post by subzero » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:43 pm

vp002 wrote:Hi ,

ta vinny
dont think hes coming at all..

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:10 pm

vp002 wrote:Hi ,

ta vinny
Hi Vinny. Walter unfortunately could not raise the funds to make the trip viable and had to cancel. He still hopes to attend a future show, so hopefully we can work with him to make it happen next year.

vp002

Post by vp002 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:08 am

Clive ,

Ta mate ,

Vinny

Replay

Post by Replay » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:27 am

We have made loads of announcements over the last week or so, so here's a summary. Please visit the Play Expo website for further details...

On The Day Admission Prices Confirmed
We can now confirm that you will be able to pay on the day for entry to Play Expo. The prices will be as follows:

Day Entry – Adult: £14.00
Day Entry – Child: £9.00
Day Entry – Family: £36.00

Weekend Pass – Adult: £22.00
Weekend Pass – Child: £14.00
Weekend Pass – Family: £57.00

Tekken Cosplay Competition
Thanks to the generosity of Namco Bandai, there will be a special Tekken themed Cosplay competition at Play Expo, which will take place on Sunday 14th - the day of the official Namco Tekken Tag Tournament 2 qualifier.

The winner will receive the following exclusive prizes, provided by Namco Bandai:

We Are Tekken Gamershirt (limited edition of 100)
Alisa Kotobukiya figurine
Copy of Tekken 6 (PS3 or XBOX 360) signed by producer Harada-san.

Parapraxis Foundations to be unveiled for the first time
Independent developers Third Nerve will be unveiling their new game Parapraxis Foundations for the first time at Play Expo.

The community-led project is currently in the alpha stage, so Third Nerve are looking for visitors to try out the game and give valuable feedback into the development process.

Cos.play Area Exhibitors and Traders Confirmed
We are pleased to confirm the majority of exhibitors in our cos.play area. A diverse range of traders will be available, along with a number of creative exhibits. Please visit the following page on our website for full details:

http://www.playexpo.net/2012/09/26/cos- ... confirmed/

Chompy Chomp Chomp comes to Play Expo!
Indie games studio Utopian World of Sandwiches will be bringing their latest game Chompy Chomp Chomp to Play Expo’s Replay Lounges. Chompy Chomp Chomp is a frantic multiplayer game to play with your family and friends. You can play against up to three friends locally, or online via Xbox Live. Chomp your way through rich and varied arena environments, and battle with frenzied power-ups and poison effects.

Gordian Knot bring Trading Card Games to Play Expo
Alongside all of the other attractions you'd expect from Play Expo, this year we are offering everyone the chance to play their favourite Trading Card Game.

Gordian Knot Games will be running various trading card tournaments including Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic: The Gathering, Pokemon and Cardfight Vanguard.

Re.play Exhibitor Line-up Announced
As preparations for Play Expo reach their final stages, we can now confirm the list of exhibitors in the re.play area. Please visit our website for further information:

http://www.playexpo.net/2012/09/28/re-p ... ompletion/

EGL Confirms FIFA 13 Tournaments in pro.play
The European Gaming League is pleased to confirm the details of the FIFA 13 tournaments taking place at Play Expo.

Following its popularity at previous EGL events, doubles is back! Sunday will feature non-stop doubles action with the singles championship taking place on Saturday.

Forbidden Planet presents Superhero Showdown
We’re pleased to announce a partnership with Forbidden Planet, which will see them sponsor a special exhibit in the re.play zone called Superhero Showdown.

This interactive exhibit will showcase a selection of games from four legendary comic book heroes. Visitors will be encouraged to play the games and vote for which hero they think has been best represented in video game form. All voters will also receive a 20% discount voucher, and can also be entered into a prize draw for some special goodies courtesy of Forbidden Planet.

And finally...

Read all about it! Play Expo newspaper hot off the press...

For those of you living in the Manchester area, our FREE Play Expo promotional newspaper, entitled The Gamer, is now available.

The newspaper contains over 30 pages of great gaming articles, including previews of many of the games and attractions that you will be able to experience at the show.

The newspaper is available from many of the major supermarkets surrounding Manchester City centre, a list of which is shown on our website.

For those of you unable to find a copy, the newspaper doubles as the event programme and will be available free to all Play Expo visitors. If you can’t wait that long, you can also download a PDF version of the newspaper from the following URL:

http://www.playexpo.net/PlayExpo2012_Newspaper.pdf

That rounds it up for now. We probably won't have chnace to make further announcments on forums from now on, so please visit the Play Expo site or Facebook page to keep up to date with all the exciting news!

MikeFishcake

Post by MikeFishcake » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:07 am

It's a shame ProjectorGames aren't going to be there this time, as they were consistently my favourite part of the previous 2 Replays and Games Britannia, but as long as there's plenty of other simple pick-up-and-play multiplayer games I'll be happy :)

SamiCetinSMK

Post by SamiCetinSMK » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:39 am

Hello all,

Are there any small events (like last year's quiz and gaming) happening on the Saturday evening?

Or does the venue close again around 6-7 pm and thats it for the night?

If there are any events are there any age restrictions to go to them (e.g 18+ if it is in a bar). I will be travelling with a relative who is under that age so just wondering what the options were.

Cheers,

Sami Çetin
Super Mario Kart PAL Version Time Trial World Champion

Super Mario Kart Time Trial World Rankings: http://www.mariokartplayers.com/smk/

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:38 am

SamiCetinSMK wrote:Hello all,

Are there any small events (like last year's quiz and gaming) happening on the Saturday evening?

If there are any events are there any age restrictions to go to them (e.g 18+ if it is in a bar). I will be travelling with a relative who is under that age so just wondering what the options were.

Cheers,

Sami Çetin
There is from me

More details on TNOG.ORG. There will be games and entertainment at the Lass o Gowire, will be arranging a mini bus to.

SamiCetinSMK

Post by SamiCetinSMK » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:02 pm

DPrinny wrote:

Cheers,

Sami Çetin
There is from me

More details on TNOG.ORG. There will be games and entertainment at the Lass o Gowire, will be arranging a mini bus to.
Ok will send you a PM shortly.

Il be doing something SNES tournament related during the Saturday, maybe something we can work with if there is an evening session somewhere.
Super Mario Kart PAL Version Time Trial World Champion

Super Mario Kart Time Trial World Rankings: http://www.mariokartplayers.com/smk/

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:10 pm

SamiCetinSMK wrote:
DPrinny wrote:

Cheers,

Sami Çetin
There is from me

Ok will send you a PM shortly.

Il be doing something SNES tournament related during the Saturday, maybe something we can work with if there is an evening session somewhere.
Well we have a SNES (or two) a multitap and a few pads, but players 4 and 5 will be left with third party ones

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Asking one last question what times you opening Saturday & Sunday?

I just can't be bothered trawling back the pages on this thread + you didn't put it your Play.expo site in which I can't see!

witchfinder

Post by witchfinder » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:37 pm

resident paul wrote:Asking one last question what times you opening Saturday & Sunday?

I just can't be bothered trawling back the pages on this thread + you didn't put it your Play.expo site in which I can't see!
www.playexpo.net/tickets ;)
The 100k Challenge - 40 Arcade Classics. 2 MAME Cabs. 1 Average Gamer.
Mastertronic Chronicles - Mastertronic C64 Game Collecting and Reviews
My Youtube Channel (featuring Mastertronic, Funspot, REPLAY and more!)