Pixel Nation News

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
noobish hat
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: Pixel Nation, Issue Two arrives!

Post by noobish hat » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Did he get sent to the naughty spot by Jenova?
Image

Retro_Heart
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:22 pm

Re: Pixel Nation, Issue Two arrives!

Post by Retro_Heart » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Posted the first batch out today with a bunch more going tomorrow too.

We would absolutely welcome feedback and critique on Issue Two from those who purchase it.

I know I biased, but I absolutely love this issue and think that the evolution and progression from #1 to #2 is very marked and clear to see.

User avatar
The Laird
Posts: 8496
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Luton
Contact:

Re: Pixel Nation, Issue Two arrives!

Post by The Laird » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:01 pm

Retro_Heart wrote:I know I biased, but I absolutely love this issue and think that the evolution and progression from #1 to #2 is very marked and clear to see.
This!

I know I wrote for issue 2 and not for issue 1 but I think the difference in quality is stunning. Not that Issue 1 was bad but issue 2 is just superb in both look and content. Thing is that there are several things in issue 2 that don't appeal to me in the slightest, Final Fantasy and Tohou for example, but I also know that it's all about balance and I am sure there will be people who don't have interest in my Atari articles for example. I also think that there is still room to improve the mag further and I know that with all the professional writers you now have on board the publication will go from strength to strength.

I look forward to reading peoples feedback myself, especially on my 2 Atari articles!!!! :mrgreen:

User avatar
ChipTune
Posts: 2160
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: Pixel Nation, Issue Two arrives!

Post by ChipTune » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:25 am

Jagfest_UK wrote:
Retro_Heart wrote:I know I biased, but I absolutely love this issue and think that the evolution and progression from #1 to #2 is very marked and clear to see.
This!

I know I wrote for issue 2 and not for issue 1 but I think the difference in quality is stunning. Not that Issue 1 was bad but issue 2 is just superb in both look and content. Thing is that there are several things in issue 2 that don't appeal to me in the slightest, Final Fantasy and Tohou for example, but I also know that it's all about balance and I am sure there will be people who don't have interest in my Atari articles for example. I also think that there is still room to improve the mag further and I know that with all the professional writers you now have on board the publication will go from strength to strength.

I look forward to reading peoples feedback myself, especially on my 2 Atari articles!!!! :mrgreen:

I wonder how many kleenex you worked your way through while writing the Atari articles. Kudos though, my hat is off to anyone who can write 2 articles about fecal matter. :D
Image

User avatar
The Laird
Posts: 8496
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Luton
Contact:

Re: Pixel Nation, Issue Two arrives!

Post by The Laird » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:10 am

ChipTune wrote:I wonder how many kleenex you worked your way through while writing the Atari articles.
The local shop is doing 12 rolls for £5 so I was sorted.
ChipTune wrote:Kudos though, my hat is off to anyone who can write 2 articles about fecal matter. :D
I didn't write any Nintendo articles :?

:wink:

User avatar
Lorfarius
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: Glossop - North West
Contact:

Re: Pixel Nation, Issue Two arrives!

Post by Lorfarius » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:58 am

Work on PN3 has already started. One point I do want to get out there is we accept submissions! If you feel you have a skill at writing and something to share then drop me a line. We might just have an article suited to your ability :)
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

User avatar
ChipTune
Posts: 2160
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: Pixel Nation, Issue Two arrives!

Post by ChipTune » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:55 am

Got the new issue just now. Looks great, look forward to reading it later. Will come back with constructive criticism after I have read it all. :)

The writing of articles for future issues sounds interesting. Maybe I can think of something a little off the wall for it.. something that hasn't been covered before... and get back to you with some ideas!
Image

User avatar
jdanddiet
Posts: 9013
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:03 am
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Pixel Nation, Issue Two arrives!

Post by jdanddiet » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:03 am

ChipTune wrote:Got the new issue just now. Looks great, look forward to reading it later. Will come back with constructive criticism after I have read it all. :)

The writing of articles for future issues sounds interesting. Maybe I can think of something a little off the wall for it.. something that hasn't been covered before... and get back to you with some ideas!
Given the diverse nature of issue 2 (game music, game overviews, interviews with developers, series lookbacks, computer look backs, not to mention the different eras covered) I think anything is possible :D

PS Lorf what's the approximate deadline for issue 3?
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

User avatar
noobish hat
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: Pixel Nation, Issue Two arrives!

Post by noobish hat » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:17 am

Chiptune, aren't you going to have your hands full, being the new editor of Retro Gamer?
Image

User avatar
Lorfarius
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: Glossop - North West
Contact:

Re: Pixel Nation, Issue Two arrives!

Post by Lorfarius » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:47 am

jdanddiet wrote:
ChipTune wrote:Got the new issue just now. Looks great, look forward to reading it later. Will come back with constructive criticism after I have read it all. :)

The writing of articles for future issues sounds interesting. Maybe I can think of something a little off the wall for it.. something that hasn't been covered before... and get back to you with some ideas!
Given the diverse nature of issue 2 (game music, game overviews, interviews with developers, series lookbacks, computer look backs, not to mention the different eras covered) I think anything is possible :D

PS Lorf what's the approximate deadline for issue 3?
One thing I don't want to happen is for PN to end up in a rut doing the same, similar content/theme each issue . So more interesting articles covering a wide variety of different gaming subjects. We are (for the moment, hint hint) a quarterly release so want to try and appeal to as many people as possible, hopefully something for everyone each issue!

Deadline depends on each piece so easier to drop me a line :)
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

User avatar
The Laird
Posts: 8496
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Luton
Contact:

Re: Pixel Nation, Issue Two arrives!

Post by The Laird » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:55 am

I suppose I better get my thinking cap on then!

User avatar
Lorfarius
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: Glossop - North West
Contact:

Re: Pixel Nation, Issue Two arrives!

Post by Lorfarius » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:07 am

Someone did ask me a while back (sorry forgot who!) how far along the retro line we will go. I'm happy to have anything in that runs up to PS2/Xbox and DC era with the odd touch on something modern if it can be shown as relevant to retro.
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

User avatar
jdanddiet
Posts: 9013
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:03 am
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Pixel Nation, Issue Two arrives!

Post by jdanddiet » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:18 am

Lorfarius wrote:Someone did ask me a while back (sorry forgot who!) how far along the retro line we will go. I'm happy to have anything in that runs up to PS2/Xbox and DC era with the odd touch on something modern if it can be shown as relevant to retro.
ME!
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

User avatar
Lorfarius
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: Glossop - North West
Contact:

Re: Pixel Nation, Issue Two arrives!

Post by Lorfarius » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:20 am

:oops: :lol:
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

User avatar
noobish hat
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: Pixel Nation, Issue Two arrives!

Post by noobish hat » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:34 am

Lorf, what's going on with the paragraphing in PN? They have breaks between them and no indentations. Wouldn't it look more professional as one body of text with indents?
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests