Event: South Coast Slam 3 (Worthing, Sussex, April)

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

delbert_trout

Re: Event: South Coast Slam 3 (Worthing, Sussex, April)

Post by delbert_trout » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:45 am

Only a short hop on the train for me so would have been daft to miss this! I came over for a while on the Saturday again, nice to bump into bensonrad there (didn't spot you though Filecore mate, hope you enjoyed!)

Alas no Warlords table this time (that I could see), but some fantastic pinball tables and another great selection of early 80s arcade cabs including a couple of games I'd not heard of before. Loved the Neo-Geo cab as well.

Turns out I'm utterly hopeless at pinball but really enjoyed having a bash at the various different tables, certainly some pretty amazing designs there. I've been convinced that pinball's completely down to pot luck re whether or not the ball just ends up sailing right down the middle of the table where you can't hit it – but from the long marathon games that were going on in the tournament area, obviously not :lol:

Another superb event, hope to make it along to the next one!
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.

bensonrad

Re: Event: South Coast Slam 3 (Worthing, Sussex, April)

Post by bensonrad » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:38 pm

Was a fab show, was only there from around 11am til 2.30ish, good to spot Delbert again, but sadly no other J+'ers. I am ashamed to say I only actually got to play on 3 pinballs! but a fair bit of Video games :oops: as was too busy going round meeting up with others on other forums swapping and dealing and all that :lol: Plus I was on to a stag doo straight off. Brilliant show though, can't wait for next years.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.