Event: South Coast Slam 3 (Worthing, Sussex, April)

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

bensonrad

Event: South Coast Slam 3 (Worthing, Sussex, April)

Post by bensonrad » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:35 am

South Coast Slam 3 is happening in April this year, I am certainly going, looks like there will be more classic Arcade Video games this year too.

http://www.southcoastslam.com/

Anyone else coming along.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

Rinoa

Re: Event: South Coast Slam 3 (Worthing, Sussex, April)

Post by Rinoa » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:38 am

Not sure if I can make it yet, but I hope so. Went last year and it was really good fun.

For anyone not too sure if they could manage a whole weekend of pinball, there were quite a few arcade machines last year too. Well worth going.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:29 am

I will be there Saturday am, combining it with a Stag Doo in Brighton later that day, so will probably get there for the start but be off early afternoon. But do plan on sinking some beers in between games :lol: Really enjoyed meeting fellow RG''ers there last year in the bar area and the warlords torno. (rumour has it Warlords might be coming back!)
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:18 pm

That Warlords table was fantastic - will be great to see it make a return! :D

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Really enjoyed this last year.. It gave me my love of pinball.. And the arcade cabs and Warlords tourney were great...

Unfortunately I have a surprise 40th birthday party on the Sat evening so it will be a day trip if I do come down.. But as I live about an hour or so away that shouldn't be a problem.. :)

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

filecore

Post by filecore » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:35 pm

I will be there, of course! :-)

Looking forward to some Warlords shennans. Seems I've missed out on the 'regulars' matches at the recent events and want to get my name back in there. :)

Steve Ritchie, "King of Flow" is the guest of honour, flying in from Chicago. Steve is one of the top Pinball machine designers in the world. With a career spanning 4 decades, Stern's latest: AC/DC is by him. Steve also designed: Black Knight (+BK2K), High Speed, The Getaway, Star Trek: TNG, Spiderman and many others.

There should be more arcades and pins there this year. Last year there was 89 pins and 29 vids.
There's an indepth report here:

http://pinballnews.com/shows/southcoast ... index.html

StarshipUK

Post by StarshipUK » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:51 am

Not sure if I am going yet or if I will just visit for one day or the whole weekend.

Any (cheap) hotel recommendations?
I'm gonna burn your house down. With a lemon.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:03 am

Just over a week away now! Warlords is making a comeback so will there be a mini tourno again. I'll be there Saturday and wearing a brown hat, I'll have short hair again as I get my annual cut this week. :lol: So be sure to find me, I'll be drinking from the start, way hey!

flying_delorean81

Post by flying_delorean81 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:28 am

Consider me absolutely gutted - this event is about a 5 minute drive from my parents' house, would have been perfect to tie in with a visit, but I'm stuck in the Middle East and my r&r isn't until May! :(

Hopefully the event will be a success and more of them will be held in Worthing!
My Instagram: @caveofpixels
My Facebook: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My Tumblr: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My DeviantART page: caveofpixels.deviantart.com

delbert_trout

Post by delbert_trout » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:46 am

Good job I checked the website just now, I thought it was tomorrow! :oops: :lol:

Will definitely be popping over again for a few hours on one or both days - had a brilliant time last year and was great meeting bensonrad, boggyb, filecore and all the crew :)

Looks to be even better this year, looking forward to a few beers and definitely up for getting involved in a bit more Warlords action. I'll be the one in the Jack Daniels T-shirt, hope to see some of ya there! :mrgreen:

Cheers
Stu.
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.

filecore

Post by filecore » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Nice one Delbert!
Bring on the Pins! Bring on the Vids! Bring on the Warlords! Bring on the SLAM! :mrgreen:

deafdumbandblindkid

Post by deafdumbandblindkid » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:23 am

Hi guys

Just quick update on some stuff happening at the Slam ...in just a few days now !! :D

Machine list looking awesome .....more titles have been added than are currently listed on the website. It is still not too late if anyone does want to throw a game in their car and roll up ...more the merrier . Let me know.

The first prize in the Charity raffle this year is a Star Trek Next Gen pinball machine, lovely condition - and it will be signed and presented by the designer himself ...Mr Steve 'King of Flow' Ritchie

After much stress and negotiations we have managed to secure (currently) the only AC/DC pinball machine in the country ! The latest machine from Stern, again designed by Steve Ritchie.

This will be the first opportunity most people will have had to see this much anticipated title up close. We will also be running a competition on it with the winner playing Steve himself in a final on AC/DC !! Sweet ! :D

The crazy but fun Psych Out competition returns on Sunday - high score competition on a machine in the mind bending Psych Out Tent, whilst wearing vision distortion goggles !! :lol:

Oh and fans of Black Knight 2000 will not be disappointed, we have something pretty fricking cool lined up with that machine.

ITV Meridian news have once again been down filming preparations and the piece should go out Thursday or Friday.

Last years report here

http://vimeo.com/19645250

Try to stay calm peeps ...its only a few days away now

http://www.southcoastslam.com/

Cheers
Ive

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:37 pm

The news item is on the local news tonight at 6pm (25mins time!) Meridian region, not sure about other areas.

filecore

Post by filecore » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Just back at the hotel. Arrived late (about 2ish) due to technical difficulties. :x

Loads of great games and plenty of new ones that I'd not played before.
6 Black Knight 2K machines in a row! :)

More detailed overview tomorrow or Monday. Back for day 2 tomorrow. :mrgreen:

Didn't recognise anyone from here, if you there tomorrow give me a shout - i'm easy to spot :)

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:16 am

Having only come back from holiday a few days ago I had to give this one a miss. A shame - if last year's show is anything to go by then I'm sure this one's great!