random claims to fame

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

rapidly-greying

Re: random claims to fame

Post by rapidly-greying » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:43 am

[img]
http://jfkmurdersolved.com/images/bond1.jpg[/img]

I didn't meet the man but if you look up just beyond the grassy knoll.......
Keith,Scotland 35,wife n 2 kids,Owned(or own)a NES,SNES,N64,GC,Wii,Gameboy,DS,360,Sega MD,DC+GG,Intellevision, C 64, ZX Spec 48k+,PS1,2+3.Fave games are Zelda,Mario,Leaderboard,Tomb Raider,Bombjack,Pilotwings,Ridge Racer,Ico,Everybody's Golf,DAFC fan.

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:03 am

I've been on Blue Peter, The Big Breakfast, Most Haunted Live, The Musicians Channel, 8:15 from Manchester, Motor Mouth, This Morning, Going Live, Activ8, KerrangTV, Scuzz TV, MTV Europe & a few other kids/saturday morning shows from back in the day.

I was an extra in Gladiator

Whilst on these shows I met John Leslie, Gary Glitter, Bon Jovi, Bad Boys inc, gaby roslin, Chris Evans, Chris akabusi, take that, manic street preachers, Richard & Judy, Philip scofield, Evette fielding, zig & zag, Andy peters & a few others

When on the big breakfast I hosted their gaming segment (video is on my Facebook profile) reviewed Fifa, 2020 Baseball and Bill Walsh College Football.

I was in a reasonably successful band for almost 10 years, released 3 albums in that time, played and toured with the likes of Skindred, Saxon, twisted sister, cradle of filth, bullet for my valentine, enter shikari, young guns, one minute silence, skinlab, lost prophets and more.

Random CTF; my grandparents used to live next to Eric Clapton, my mum is a torch barer for this years olympics, I've dj'd in a club for Goldie, also DJ'd the Soil & Puddle of Mudd after tour party last year, I've met lee dixon & Kevin Campbell when they opened a local sports shop & I paid for Jason Mewes autograph at Memorabilia @ the NEC

I'm trying to remember others but my mind is a little blurry :p
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

rapidly-greying

Post by rapidly-greying » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:16 am

Bloody nora,thats an impressive list. Did Glitter give off any sinister vibes? And what was the name of your band and what did you play?
Keith,Scotland 35,wife n 2 kids,Owned(or own)a NES,SNES,N64,GC,Wii,Gameboy,DS,360,Sega MD,DC+GG,Intellevision, C 64, ZX Spec 48k+,PS1,2+3.Fave games are Zelda,Mario,Leaderboard,Tomb Raider,Bombjack,Pilotwings,Ridge Racer,Ico,Everybody's Golf,DAFC fan.

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:31 pm

RMLF wrote:
Space_turnip wrote: I've worked with 2 Olympic athletes (well one until the 2012 olympics, hopefully! One was British Female Hammer throw champion and the other ran the fastest mile in the world earlier this year)
Lorraine Shaw?

She was gunna teach me to throw discus at one point, but I got injured. Shame, cos I was a really good discus thrower
Nope, Zoe Derham, although Lorraine Shaw is her coach! Went to school with her as well, her birthday was the same week as mine. She also went out with a mate of mine for a while too.
There's quite a few more questionable sporting links. Bristol City players that I went to school with (I don't mention this much ;)) or that were friends of friends (Leroy Lita, Cole Skuse), my dad's drinking buddy is a former England and Gloucestershire cricket player (whose name escapes me at the moment), my sister bought her house off of Rovers legend Ian Alexander (who also coached our primary school football team as his kids went to school there) and went to the house prior to finallising the deal where they met all the rovers squad including Ian Holloway (who I've also met and talked to many times, always a legend to any Rovers fan).

There's also those slightly odd family connections that people don't think about too much (maybe cos some of them are a bit dubious). My dad worked on the Adour engine for many years and met all the Red Arrows pilots down the years, a relative was the first motorcycle policeman in Canada(!), and there's a whole list of 'famous' or 'infamous' people in both Sheffield and Ireland that our family tree connects us with. It seems any Irishman or Yorkshireman with a dodgy reputation, with the surname Phelan, is in some way related to me ;)

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:25 pm

I saw a very dishevelled looking Les Dennis wandering towards Sheffield station yesterday, he was walking very slowly. Think I might be reading too much into that! :D

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:06 am

rapidly-greying wrote:Bloody nora,thats an impressive list. Did Glitter give off any sinister vibes? And what was the name of your band and what did you play?

Glitter was fine, I guess I wasn't his type (13 at the time)

My band was called Zero Cipher there is still evidence on the web of us an our music is still on iTunes I was the electronics/Dj guy
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:25 am

My best friend was on X-Factor :lol:

I've met/spoken to Casey Chaos and a couple of the other Amen band members.

I was (reluctantly) on a S4C children's TV programme when I was in school. I have no idea what it was all about though as I didn't speak Welsh.

And more recently, my brother was plastered all over the papers a few weeks back for football hooliganism...

kebabage

Post by kebabage » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:35 am

The Chuckle Brothers were judging a sandcastle competition in Weymouth and I had to have my picture with Barry!
Giant Hairy Cabbages!

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:53 am

My girlfriend missed out on seeing Brad Pitt in the Starbucks a few doors down from where she works, and also Johnny Depp sat outside the cafe opposite her salon - she was gutted!

She did however have a boat 'party' along the Thames last year with Jimmy Tarbuck and Sir Donald Gosling.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:09 pm

ZeroCipher wrote:
rapidly-greying wrote:Bloody nora,thats an impressive list. Did Glitter give off any sinister vibes? And what was the name of your band and what did you play?

My band was called Zero Cipher there is still evidence on the web of us an our music is still on iTunes I was the electronics/Dj guy
I always see your cd in hmv when I'm in, keep being tempted to pick it but never have the dough
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Grizzly wrote:
ZeroCipher wrote:

I always see your cd in hmv when I'm in, keep being tempted to pick it but never have the dough
I can send you one for p&p if you want

I have a couple left

Pm me if you are interested :)

MC1

Post by MC1 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:01 pm

Giz one, I'm interested too. :mrgreen:

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:03 pm

I'm just impressed you toured with OMS. One of my favourite live bands ever!

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Space_turnip wrote:I'm just impressed you toured with OMS. One of my favourite live bands ever!
I'm stoked they've reformed, I've been invited to one of their live sessions at their rehersal space next month :D

Anyone who wants a copy of an album pm me :)

dste

Post by dste » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:36 pm

Checked out some of your stuff on Youtube, really like It's No Secret.

Also read that you covered Earthtone 9, sweet.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!