Whats your music

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

kavsy
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:26 am
Location: manchester

Post by kavsy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:45 pm

How about some [Suicidal tendencies,Pantera,Sepultura,Biohazard,Metallica,Infectious Grooves]
pretty much stick to stuff like that really.

James A
Posts: 3486
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:34 am
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Post by James A » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:24 pm

All the above are in my collection. Sepultura are the band that got me into metal in the first place. Its just a shame when Max left they went so bad.

User avatar
mel the bell
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:42 am
Location: near whitby
Contact:

Post by mel the bell » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:47 am

i like all music (from the oldest, cheesest to the latest)

but especially
punk
reggae
drum and bass



currently i love the post punk sounding bands that are about
arctic monkeys
kaiser cheifs
editors
killers
franz ferdinand
subways

etc
On 2003-12-08 20:15, cyborg wrote:
You're all corporate bitches if you buy a console - face it. Unless it's a Phantom - in that case you're just stupid - because even if it did exist it'd be crap

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Post by SirClive » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:42 am

Faves are...
The Smiths
Stone Roses
The Cure
Wonder Stuff
New Order
Sex Pistols

Currently listening to...
New Order (Waiting for the Sirens Call)
24 Hour Party People (movie soundtrack)
Keiser Chiefs and Killers latest

Looking forward to hearing...
Arctic Monkeys
Image

User avatar
forestville
Posts: 852
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:30 am
Location: Tamworth UK

Post by forestville » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:33 am

Depeche Mode
Moonspell
Rotting Christ
Lacuna Coil
Samael
Rammstein
Within Temptation
Akercocke
Cradle Of Filth

8)
Press play on tape

User avatar
TheShend
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:09 am
Location: Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re:

Post by TheShend » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:34 pm

SirClive wrote:Faves are...
The Smiths
Stone Roses
The Cure
Wonder Stuff
New Order
Sex Pistols
Oooh similar to myself. What are the 'Wonder Stuff' like?

I'm on retro tune fixation atm. Recently picked up Talking Heads best of which is just pure magic.

I'll throw in the old Depeche Mode, Radiohead, Prodigy, Black Grape, Bjork, Al Green, E.L.O, Joy Division, Tim & Jeff Buckley, Mansun, Paul Weller, The Stranglers, Supertramp, Televsison and errr. U.N.K.L.E.

Aye that'll do.

Edit: Me and the mrs picked up a Pulp best of as well. Nae bad ^_^

User avatar
merman
Posts: 6549
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:14 pm
Location: Skegness, UK
Contact:

Post by merman » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:21 pm

Wonder Stuff fan here. Indie pop with attitude, great orchestration and a revolving band line-up. Probably best known for their cover of "Dizzy" featuring Vic Reeves (and I don't mean the computer game), but much better songs include Circlesquare, the Slade cover Coz I Luv You and Size of a cow... I suggest "If the Beatles had read Hunter" (the singles collection)

User avatar
LeeT
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:36 pm

Re:

Post by LeeT » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:31 am

merman wrote:Wonder Stuff fan here. Indie pop with attitude, great orchestration and a revolving band line-up. Probably best known for their cover of "Dizzy" featuring Vic Reeves (and I don't mean the computer game), but much better songs include Circlesquare, the Slade cover Coz I Luv You and Size of a cow... I suggest "If the Beatles had read Hunter" (the singles collection)
Whats the new stuff (no pun intended!) like? I read somewhere that it was originally intended to be a Miles Hunt solo album, but he could only get signed if he used The Wonder Stuff name.

I saw their original farewell gig at The Phoenix Festival in 1994 - great gig!

User avatar
merman
Posts: 6549
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:14 pm
Location: Skegness, UK
Contact:

Re:

Post by merman » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:19 am

LeeT wrote:
merman wrote:Wonder Stuff fan here. Indie pop with attitude, great orchestration and a revolving band line-up. Probably best known for their cover of "Dizzy" featuring Vic Reeves (and I don't mean the computer game), but much better songs include Circlesquare, the Slade cover Coz I Luv You and Size of a cow... I suggest "If the Beatles had read Hunter" (the singles collection)
Whats the new stuff (no pun intended!) like? I read somewhere that it was originally intended to be a Miles Hunt solo album, but he could only get signed if he used The Wonder Stuff name.

I saw their original farewell gig at The Phoenix Festival in 1994 - great gig!
Haven't heard the new stuff (if you'll pardon the pun).

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Re:

Post by SirClive » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:03 pm

merman wrote:
LeeT wrote:
merman wrote:Wonder Stuff fan here. Indie pop with attitude, great orchestration and a revolving band line-up. Probably best known for their cover of "Dizzy" featuring Vic Reeves (and I don't mean the computer game), but much better songs include Circlesquare, the Slade cover Coz I Luv You and Size of a cow... I suggest "If the Beatles had read Hunter" (the singles collection)
Whats the new stuff (no pun intended!) like? I read somewhere that it was originally intended to be a Miles Hunt solo album, but he could only get signed if he used The Wonder Stuff name.

I saw their original farewell gig at The Phoenix Festival in 1994 - great gig!
Haven't heard the new stuff (if you'll pardon the pun).
Wasn't aware of the new stuff either. I would recommend any of the first 3 albums, 8 Legged Groove Machine,Hup and Never Loved Elvis (or even the 4th that I can't remember the name of).
Saw them live a few times, Walsall Bescott stadium was one of the best gigs I have ever been to.
Image

User avatar
Sureshot
Posts: 5029
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: Mids., UK

Post by Sureshot » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:28 pm

My music taste goes in a wide number of directions, mainly because I have been avidly discovering music on the Internet since about '98. I'll happily give out the address to my playlist for anyone who wants, where you will see the likes of Aphex Twin and Apocalyptica sitting next to Arch Enemy, but here's what I've been listening to recently:

Vitalic - OK Cowboy
Sigur Rós - Takk
Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
Machine Head - The Burning Red
In Flames - Reroute To Remain
Thrice - Vheissu
Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage
The Prodigy - Their Law: The Singles 1990/2005
The Honorary Title - Anything Else But The Truth

James A
Posts: 3486
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:34 am
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Post by James A » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:36 pm

Is that Dragonforce album any good? I've seen the single on TV and its sounds pretty decent.

I don't really trust the reviews done in alot of magazines after seeing what a unthruthful little bunch of sods musical journalists can be.

smee
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:52 pm

Post by smee » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:19 pm

ooo top albums eh?

slayer - god hates us all
guns n' roses - use your illusion I
swingin utters - five lessons learned
manic street preachers - gold against the soul
metallica - justice for all
filaments - whats next
pantera - live 101 (can't stop listening to this one)

talking bout music, what do people listen to when playing games?
any certain types for certain games or anything?

User avatar
Sureshot
Posts: 5029
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: Mids., UK

Re:

Post by Sureshot » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:53 am

James A wrote:Is that Dragonforce album any good? I've seen the single on TV and its sounds pretty decent.

I don't really trust the reviews done in alot of magazines after seeing what a unthruthful little bunch of sods musical journalists can be.
I think it's great, insane levels of cheese heaped on. Hadn't heard something like this since Gamma Ray.

Personally, I tend to avoid journos and make my own assumptions ;)

James A
Posts: 3486
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:34 am
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Post by James A » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:26 am

Yeah ill agree with you on that. I've seen too many decent bands destroyed by journalists especially from a certain weekly magazine that is a pile of Kerrrap.

Dragonforce album is good though.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests