Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

HalcyonDaze00

Re: I can't be the only one really excited for Prometheus

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:03 pm

alien and aliens are all time classics, looking forward to this

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:17 am

I've just noticed Prometheus is listed as 3D. Is that true? I'm not a huge 3D fan - the films I've seen have been quite dark and it's not great to see what's going on all the time.

I still haven't seen the trailer(s), don't really want any idea of what it's about until I see the film itself.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

crusto

Post by crusto » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:22 am

greenberet79 wrote:I've just noticed Prometheus is listed as 3D. Is that true? I'm not a huge 3D fan - the films I've seen have been quite dark and it's not great to see what's going on all the time.

I still haven't seen the trailer(s), don't really want any idea of what it's about until I see the film itself.
Theres normally an option to watch a 2d version. Im with you, 3d films are definitely a tad darker than their 2d counterparts. Especially on a TV.

Eat your nans pants

necronom

Post by necronom » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Yes, it's filmed in 3D, but like crusto said, I'm sure there will be a 2D option. I'll be seeing it in 3D, then in 2D when I get it on Blu-Ray. I'll only get the chance to see it in 3D at the cinema, so I'll be taking it.

A recent update at https://www.weylandindustries.com/ shows some things from Aliens. See the Security and Terraforming sections from the menu.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:36 pm

Another one on You-tube about behind the scenes + bits of extra footage!

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1_w6xTJ ... re=g-all-u

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:37 pm

I seriously cant wait for this movie.

It feels like last year when I felt exactly the same for Super 8. I love the movies that have an old 80's feel to it.

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:04 am

Channel 4 is showing the world's exclusive of the new Prometheus tailer!
Channel 4 to air new Prometheus trailer in world exclusive 26/04/2012

Channel 4 will broadcast the new trailer of Ridley Scott's Prometheus in a world exclusive on Sunday 29th April at 21.10, during drama Homeland's first ad break. Afterwards, viewers will be invited to share their thoughts on Twitter using the hashtag #areyouseeingthis. In a worldwide first, viewers' tweets will be seen in a live broadcast ad during the second ad break.

The deal was brokered by Channel 4 Partnerships Account Manager Amy Jenkins and Eray Galip from 20th Century Fox's media agency Vizeum,

Angus Mitchell, Channel 4 Agency Principle said: ‘As part of our strategy to champion innovative and impactful marketing solutions, we are absolutely delighted to be partnering with 20th Century Fox in support of one the most anticipated film releases of the year. We think the fit between the film, director and C4 is just perfect.'

Eray Galip, Creative Solutions Manager, Vizeum said: ‘Prometheus is the most anticipated film of the summer and we are so excited to be working with Ch4 on this release. We are delighted with this activity which kicks-off our marketing campaign, it fits perfectly with our strategy in terms of amplifying the anticipation and conversation that has already started for Prometheus'

Ends.

Prometheus

UK Release: 1st June 2012

Director: Ridley Scott

Cast: Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron

Ridley Scott, director of "Alien" and "Blade Runner," returns to the genre he helped define. With Prometheus, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.

http://www.prometheus-movie.co.uk/

Link: http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news ... -exclusive

necronom

Post by necronom » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:31 pm

That was great!

Mostly stuff from the previous trailers, but there were a few new bits.

I'm off work on 1st July, so I'll be seeing it then :D I have to try not to get too excited, as no film will ever be perfect (though Aliens and The Terminator are extremely close).
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

dste

Post by dste » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Just watched the trailer and have gone from not fussed about seeing it to I must see it.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:14 pm

Yep, booked myself tickets for day oen screening also! Going tot the local picturehouse/cinema city as it's a nicer cosier atmosphere

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Wed May 02, 2012 4:54 am

I saw the trailer last night and I was a little worried at first. The whole thing about ancient civilisations and star maps and that crap has been done to death. Also, it was a lot more action orientated, not so much horror. It felt more like an AvP trailer, which is not a good thing. The last bit of the trailer turned me around though. Definitely want to go see this.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:18 am

Just watched the new trailer. Hmmm - yep, I agree about the whole "ancient civilizations" gubbins. Can't somebody come up with something new??

Agrees it gets better in the second half. Still undecided whether or not to see it in 3D.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

WildWillyWilson

Post by WildWillyWilson » Fri May 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Booked tickets for me and my bro at the IMAX Metro Centre yesterday, 22:30hrs on the 01st so I'll need to stock up on the coffee! Bit gutted though since just found out that it's on at the Tyneside Cinema (one of the oldest independent cinemas in the UK) which would have been much cosier and it's still in 3D (also much cheaper at £8 per ticket as opposed to £30 incl booking fee for IMAX!).

Anyway it should be great at the IMAX and I'm really looking forward to it. I actually rented Alien last night on my iPad and watched it this morning (rare day off!). Such a timeless classic and it was great to see the bits that are in the Prometheus trailer liked the Space Jockey etc.. Now want to watch Aliens and Alien 3 again before seeing Prometheus.

WildWillyWilson

Post by WildWillyWilson » Fri May 04, 2012 4:29 pm

necronom wrote:A recent update at https://www.weylandindustries.com/ shows some things from Aliens. See the Security and Terraforming sections from the menu.
Cheers for link mate, just busy looking at the site now. Excited!

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri May 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Is this a prequel to Alien then? Or something totally different?

Looks pretty good from the trailer, definitely not scary, but good :)