Happy New Year 2012 thread!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ToxieDogg

Happy New Year 2012 thread!

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:26 am

Maybe a bit early me starting this, but seeing as I won't be around later (too busy getting drunk :twisted: ), would just like to wish all of you a very Happy New Year in 2012. 2011 wasn't a particularly great year for me, was in and out of work a couple of times and now I'm firmly 'out' of work :( , and my mum (62 years old) was diagnosed with bile duct cancer at the end of October which they can't operate on (sorry if I've seemed ratty on the forums since then, it's affected my overall mood a bit) but I think gaming wise it was one of the best years we've ever had with a ton of great releases, most of which I'll still be playing well into next year, and the launch of the 3DS which after a shaky start is finally starting to hit it's stride.

Hope everyone enjoys it later, whether you sit in with a quiet drink or go off to a party :)

Feel free to add your own sentiments, thoughts about what a year it's been, etc.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

necronom

Re: Happy New Year 2012 thread!

Post by necronom » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:44 am

I also had a bad year, as my Mam was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease (which can't be cured), so the next year or so won't be too good either. On a happier note my Brother got married, and they are now expecting a baby boy, so that will cheer things up.

I hope everyone else has a good new year.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:46 am

I'd also love to add to this , just wanting to wish everyone here at the forum a great 2012, I'm attached with some amazing retro related products for 2012, can't say anything about them, just yet but I think your all gonna love this when they appear sometime in 2012 :), for me 2011 has been a year for my reflection on things about work , family life and getting to grips with turning 40 next year :cry: , also regarding gaming , I think I'll be calling it day with the next gen xbox and playstation come along, I'm not one for the DLC stuff and it's getting worse and worse, so I think I'll be heading knee deep back into Imame gaming and Computer games more in 2012 and create some new material for my Youtube channel too..and for 2012 will try to make a big splash in every department so from me have a brilliant New Year and hope everyone has a good year and makes the best of it

all the best :wink:
Grey.
↓↓Click Link to See More
http://www.greyfoxbooks.com

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:26 pm

I'm hoping next year will be much better too. Had my Grandad die earlier in the year, loads of family problems, broke up with my gf (who I still have to be around at work) and just generally been a right miserable git thanks to work getting me down on top of everything else.

Happy new year to everybody else and hopefully there'll be some better stories to tell at the end of 2012 (providing we don't all get destroyed by that Mayan-predicted armageddon disaster on December 21st that is).
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:37 pm

I'm not fan of new year revelry but I am going to try and embrace the celebrations at our village hall ceilidh tonight. It's a bring your own food and drink affair and it should be a laugh, after a few beers at least!

So, I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone on the RG forum a happy and peaceful new year. All the best folks and may 2012 be a good one for you.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:42 pm

I'll say my Happy New Year to everyone, as i'll also be having a few beers later. I may even try to post on here, but i'm not sure if i'll make any sense...so its best i do it now. :D

My 2011 was a steady one, although one of my greyhounds has been in ever declining health throughout most of it. Hopefully 2012 will be a good one and we all achieve something special!

Whatever you're doing tonight....
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:50 pm

Sorry to hear about your mum, Toxie - I lost my grandad to lung cancer in February.

Hoping next year will be better - it'll certainly be momentous as I turn 30. Also hope I have a paying job again by then - surely the sheer number of applications I put forward must bear fruit.

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:56 pm

Megamixer wrote:(providing we don't all get destroyed by that Mayan-predicted armageddon disaster on December 21st that is).
:lol:

Thought you'd like this one Megamixer .. ..

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:15 pm

Had some bad news round November this year which means next year may be a bit of a p#sser family wise but here's to a new year anyway.
Splink!

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:20 pm

Happy New Year all! It's going to be decidedly quiet for me this year as I'm still back home visiting and most people I know have moved elsewhere. NYE certainly won't top last year's where I just got promoted and picked up a new girlfriend - this year it's no lady and no new promotion, but I suppose I have to be thankful for still having a great job (and a lot more cash for myself :lol:).

Villa winning 3-1 against Chelsea represents a good start to the year anyway, now just hoping the Pens oust the Devils tonight as well. :) Bottoms up!

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:55 pm

Happy new year people.

2011 was ok for me, can't complain overall apart from turning 30 and the moth problem from my old flat. Lets hope we evade them in the new place.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

supermario

Post by supermario » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:04 pm

Happy new year all - I became an uncle this year which was good and (fingers crossed) not too many bad things. All the best for the new year.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:28 pm

I want to wish everyone a happy 2012, and that it's a great year for everyone. 2011 might have been a bit of a t0sser to many (myself included which, unfortunately, spilled onto here), but here's to a better year for all.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:45 pm

Had a bit of a stinker myself this year but onwards and upwards! Happy New Year to all. Now wheres that booze :twisted:

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:46 pm

Happy New Year everyone....

Cant say 2011 has been a bad year for us here, barring a break in middle of the year (and I swear I will still catch the scum and have my revenge in an over elaborate style) and a little health scare with our little boy, we managed to pull through and are going to take 2012 head on!

Those having problems keep your head up and walk tall, to quote someone I think was a little famous

"Don't let the bastards grind you down" :D

Stay save and Enjoy whatever it is your all doing tonight and 'read' you all next year (and hopefully meet some of you at a gaming event in 2012)
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"