The anti-what grinds your gears thread.

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

dste

The anti-what grinds your gears thread.

Post by dste » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:28 pm

As seen as it's nearly Christmas and some people are feeling like the forum is getting a little negative why don't we list/discuss the things that make us that little bit happier in life.

It's a general given that partners/kids/friends/pets will be in there so what about all of the other stuff.

To start off I really like it when you put clothes on that have just come out of the dryer, feeling that nice warmth as you get dressed.

I also like it when you are driving around and spot a lovely piece of countryside that you've never seen before.

Anyone else?
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

RMLF

Re: The anti-what grinds your gears thread.

Post by RMLF » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:52 pm

Standing out in the rain and getting drenched, can make you feel so alive
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:14 pm

That post-ride shower after a grueling road bike run, feeling pleased with yourself that you didn't give in and cut the ride short, even though every atom in your body was screaming like it was on fire.
2015 NL East Division Champions.
2015 NL Championship Winners.
Let's Go Mets!

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:16 pm

Bacon and egg sandwiches on Saturday mornings at a local farm me and the family go to.

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:23 pm

Losing 12lb in just under a month using Wii Fit and cutting the junk food out :D

I put on a stone and half since starting the current job, MOT testing isn't exactly strenuous work, so I need to lose a stone or three...

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:49 pm

I get a really nice buzz from playing the guitar, weather it is just jamming at home or playing with my band, just get a nice feeling from it that puts me in a good mood.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:12 pm

Pigs in blankets on christmas day, the only time of year you're allowed to have them.
The buzz I get after injecting a large syringe full of crack into my penis.
Cheese, I've been on a bit of a cheese journey lately, trying out different types of cheese rather than the usual cheddar.
Comics, I'm still reading ones now, almost 30 years after I started reading them, that still excite me.
Cartoons, I never thought there'd be ones that would top the ones I watched when I was a kid but things like Adventure Time, Bobs Burgers and The Brave And The Bold, ok that last ones finished now, still make me smile.
Splink!

yakmag

Post by yakmag » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:57 pm

Watching The Wedding Singer, don't know why, just puts an almighty smile on my face!!

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:50 am

McDonald's; The Beano; that rare sight of kids actually playing outside and pretending that speed bumps are lava pits (saw this summer!); old magazines; people who work in collector's shops and have encyclopaedic knowledge of tea cards; dinosaurs; bowling; tea; thunderstorms in general; rollercoasters; Viz...

Sounds like a Werther's Originals advert.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

joefish

Post by joefish » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:33 am

Having a set of remote control plug-in power switches so I can turn them on in the morning, then walk downstairs in my dressing gown, open the lounge door and all the Christmas tree lights are twinkling. Every day for a month. Never gets boring.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:34 am

The crackle when you put the needle on the record, and the little pops and clicks before the first track starts.

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:45 am

Waking up to find our kittens either asleep with us on our bed, or licking us (to make us beautiful apparently).

r0jaws

Post by r0jaws » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:46 am

Watching my kids play happily with each other for a change, without doing so because I told them too.

Fixing up old systems. Having a flaky bit of kit and going to work on it methodically, cleaning, replacing and refurbishing it until it springs into life again and works like it did the first day it was switched on.

The moment when a stubborn bit of 25 year old solder flows and you are able to remove that crusty old component and clean up and repair all the damage it has caused.

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:54 am

Getting in bed when the I've just made it with fresh sheets.

Receiving cards at Birthday or Christmas when you know the sentiment was truly sincere.

An unexpected phone call or text from a friend.

An odd one - watching LMFAO videos, always make me smile, especially 'Sexy and I know It' :lol:

(Trouble is now I've got Julie Andrews in my head singing the line 'these are a few of my favourite things')

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:40 am

yakmag wrote:Watching The Wedding Singer, don't know why, just puts an almighty smile on my face!!
I would put that on my list, Sandlers best film and Barrymore is amazing in it.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........