Secret Santa 2011!!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Edwards80

Re: Secret Santa 2011!!

Post by Edwards80 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Glad mine finally arrived :o Pleased you didn't have the compilations already too!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:38 pm

Edwards80 wrote:Glad mine finally arrived :o Pleased you didn't have the compilations already too!
funnily enough i did look at both of those just a few weeks ago. I rejected one because the instructions were missing and the other looked like it had been used as an angle grinding wheel....so it worked out really nicely, thank you very much! :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

pforson

Post by pforson » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in posting. I have been away for 2 weeks but did receive my present just before xmas! :) I got this thing:

It'd pretty cool and great for annoying people at work with. Thanks!

However, rather very strangely, the person I sent a gift to has seemingly received something else (i.e. not what I sent) - which is just weird!!! :?
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:25 am

Shinobi wrote:
mohicankid wrote:kept my mouth shut thus far but tbh not impressed with the secret santa's that have not paid up, if its simply a case of lost in post, then fair enough but get on it! but if you didn't get anything yet becouse "somthing came up"... poor show!
Even if something did come up they should have posted on here, how long would it take to post a update or apoligy on here.. Looks like somebodys secret Santa wears a Tiger Mask.. Think they should be named to avoid dealings with them in the future..

I was Secret Santa to 'Rinoa' and my Secret Santa got mine out nice and early and nicely wrapped
I was your secret Santa - I admit it :) glad you liked the wrapping. That console is a bit of a curiosity just thought you might find it more interesting than some games you might already have had!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Mootown wrote:
Shinobi wrote:
mohicankid wrote:kept my mouth shut thus far but tbh not impressed with the secret santa's that have not paid up, if its simply a case of lost in post, then fair enough but get on it! but if you didn't get anything yet becouse "somthing came up"... poor show!
Even if something did come up they should have posted on here, how long would it take to post a update or apoligy on here.. Looks like somebodys secret Santa wears a Tiger Mask.. Think they should be named to avoid dealings with them in the future..

I was Secret Santa to 'Rinoa' and my Secret Santa got mine out nice and early and nicely wrapped
I was your secret Santa - I admit it :) glad you liked the wrapping. That console is a bit of a curiosity just thought you might find it more interesting than some games you might already have had!
I've got all the Nes, Master System and Megadrive games(4 gig storage) on there now and its fab :D The screen is really nice but the only problem is there's doesn't seem to be any save state.. I want to play Nes Manic Mansion and Nightshade on it, so I'm hoping it does save, the actual layout is very PSP/PS3.. The only one I've yet to try is Super Famicom, GB and GBA of they can get the Super Famicom emulation spot on I will be very happy.. Those Japanese adverts on it are mental btw
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:10 pm

11th of January and still nothing, I give up :lol:

Will still do it next year though, hopefully this time without putting my address on the package... :oops:

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:25 pm

deadpan666 wrote:*pokes PIXeL_92*

Ahem....You got yours yet? It's just that..uhm..Santa was asking me 'n' stuff.....He wants to know if you got it ok?
I doubt pixel will replay to you as he has not sent out his item yet, if i get no word int he next 2 days he'll be blacklisted, sorry all
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:29 pm

ReplayRetro wrote:

Ahem....You got yours yet? It's just that..uhm..Santa was asking me 'n' stuff.....He wants to know if you got it ok?
I doubt pixel will replay to you as he has not sent out his item yet, if i get no word int he next 2 days he'll be blacklisted, sorry all

hey man it aint your fault, just some randoms ruining it for others.

heres a thought, can you put blacklisted people on the front page of this thread so we can keep an eye on it, that way we can protect more when it comes to trades?
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:32 pm

Have you contacted him directly on the forum via PM ?

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:21 pm

Nothing has arrived with me yet either

I'm not sure I'll be on over the weekend but if something arrives I will try & get on here to let you know
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

pforson

Post by pforson » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:35 pm

It would indeed appear that my recipient did actually receive an alternative gift rather than that which I had purchased! - although he prefers it and is happy! :) how odd.

Here's a pm he sent me in response to me sending him the invoice I received...
I've chucked the box away now so I can't check, but if it came from a marketplace seller that is a toy company then it could easily have been the wrong item - mistakes happen round Christmas after all!

But let me get this straight - you bought me a Barbie lunchbox?! :shock: Why?!

I can't help feeling sorry for whoever got that instead of what came to me really... :lol:
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:56 pm

The 2 Secret Santas whose gifts have not arrived yet (for zerocipher & rayne) have been contacted if i don't hear from them they will be blacklisted, sorry guys, it's a shame some people feel they have to spoil everything for everyone else. They will also be named & shamed tomorrow (the 14th was the deadline) that way those of us who keep tabs on who is and isn't trustworthy know to avoid these people (unless of course they provide me some proof of postage)
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:36 pm

It's a shame, and disappointing, that a couple of folk couldn't or didn't manage to get the gifts out. Hopefully there's proof of postage or a good reason.

I know the gift I sent was very close to the wire and I was really chuffed when dste posted to say it arrived on Christmas eve. I probably couldn't have done that if I'd tried too! For me half the fun of this SS is choosing what to get your victim.. .. recipient ;) The other half having a genuine, probably game related, surprise to open on Christmas day 8) I'll be sure to be involved next year.

Thanks for your effort organising this years Secret Santa, ReplayRetro. You deserve a medal. *applause applause*

deadpan666

Post by deadpan666 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:46 pm

ReplayRetro wrote:

That's a bit rubbish..I sent him a PM last week as well, but haven't had a reply yet! I sent him a load of stuff too...kinda sucks if he hasn't sent anything back out.... :(
Cinema Of Stuff Presents - The Undying Monster! http://tinyurl.com/nekrjdx

Let's go, Mr. Driver!

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:51 pm

Mire Mare wrote:It's a shame, and disappointing, that a couple of folk couldn't or didn't manage to get the gifts out. Hopefully there's proof of postage or a good reason.

I know the gift I sent was very close to the wire and I was really chuffed when dste posted to say it arrived on Christmas eve. I probably couldn't have done that if I'd tried too! For me half the fun of this SS is choosing what to get your victim.. .. recipient ;) The other half having a genuine, probably game related, surprise to open on Christmas day 8) I'll be sure to be involved next year.

Thanks for your effort organising this years Secret Santa, ReplayRetro. You deserve a medal. *applause applause*
yeah i agree, for me i really enjoyed picking what to get, and once i'd discovered my recipient was a massive Dr Who fan i bought him stuff i knew he'd enjoy and by the sounds of it he was really happy with his gift. likewise i think what i got is great too, i'd never have predicted it in a million years, heck i didn't even know such a thing existed but i think it's bloomin brilliant.

Thanks for the applause mate :oops: i know a few people said they'd take the job off me for 2012 but to be honest i've got a really good simple system so i'm happy to arrange it again for this year, when the time rolls around (all being well)

my thanks to everyone who took part (and by took part i mean sent an item, not just received) look forward to doing it again next christmas