Secret Santa 2011!!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ReplayRetro

Secret Santa 2011!!

Post by ReplayRetro » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:43 pm

PLEASE READ FULLY IF YOU WANT TO TAKE PART

Right then, after a bit of a chat between myself and Helensification we've decided i'll do that basic running of a secret santa this year (e.g. i'm gonna match people up/distribute addresses etc)

If you'd like to be involved simply PM me (details of what to include in the PM are at the end of this post!), those involved will receive the details of who they're sending to shortly after the closing date for people to sign up (December 6th)

THE RULES!
1. If you are receiving a gift then you're sending one too, no exceptions
2. Items do not need to be gaming related but please remember we're on a gaming forum so it might be a good idea to keep it on theme
3. Gifts cannot include charity donations made on the recipients behalf (not knocking charity but it kinda goes against the idea of random gifting)
4. Gifts should be between £5 and £10 there are loads of great gift ideas in this price range in stores at the moment and it should mean we all feel our gifts are the same kind of value. Of course if you're giving something out of your collection then it's more difficult to gauge its real value but please be fair to others :)
5. To take part you must have 50 posts or more, pretty much same reasoning as the selling rules. Hoping to attract reliable people who frequent the forums rather than just those looking to get something

HOW TO GET INVOLVED;
If you want to take part in this years secret santa PM me using "Secret Santa - I'm In" as the topic, your message should include your address, gender, age, and what consoles you own (in case they want to give you a game)

HOW IT WILL WORK;
Step 1. People PM me to enter (PMs must be received by December 6th)
Step 2. After the closing date everyone receives the details of who they need to send to
Step 3. Another date will have been determined (probably just last posting for xmas) by which time everyone must have sent their gifts out
Step 4. Everyone receives their gifts and has a jolly old time
Step 5. A mob will be assembled to visit the addresses of those who received but did not send gifts (please provide own flaming torch)

If everyone who gets involved does this properly it should be a good laugh and a nice bit of community fun for the forum, so please only sign up if you're going to go through with it, or you're just going to cause a problem and find burning bags of turd on your doorstep

anywhooooo i think that's everything covered so now i'll go and cower in a corner while i wait for my inbox to explode
Last edited by ReplayRetro on Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

paranoid marvin

Re: Secret Santa 2011!!

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Thanks dude

PM sent :D
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:13 pm

4 people involved so far, good start
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:58 pm

This was fun last year, so I'm tempted to join in again.
ReplayRetro wrote:e.g. i'm gonna match people up/distribute addresses etc
One question, are the match ups random? I think I'd prefer that.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:14 pm

done. :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:56 pm

i'd be up for it this year, but might be moving shortly so may create problems :?

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:16 pm

oli_lar wrote:i'd be up for it this year, but might be moving shortly so may create problems :?
have your present sent to a family member's house. Sorted. :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Defo in - PM Sent :D

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:16 am

I am in - PM sent :)
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:33 am

pm sent from me too :)

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Mire Mare wrote:This was fun last year, so I'm tempted to join in again.
ReplayRetro wrote:e.g. i'm gonna match people up/distribute addresses etc
One question, are the match ups random? I think I'd prefer that.
yeah its random, i already know how i'm doing it but people aren't linked specifically, its luck of the draw really

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Loads of interest so far which is fantastic :D
But please can everyone read the main thread fully, lots of people jsut PM'ing saying "i'm in" which doesn't really help me set this up, also it makes me think the people might not be paying enough attention to actually follow through with the gift giving, don't wanna be a bumhole about it but this will work so much more easily if everyone reads the thread and if you wanna take part please do so by providing the correct information
thanks all
:)

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:02 pm

that's what you get for skim reading. Sorry mate, info coming over! :D

themightymartin

Post by themightymartin » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Details sent.
Xbox Live\Steam: themightymartin
3DS Friend Code: 5000-3656-8384
Zazzle Store: YonDer Designs