Internet kings, your help/advice is required

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

retrojc

Internet kings, your help/advice is required

Post by retrojc » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:39 pm

As you may, or may not know I recently created a retro gaming magzine and website I first announced, and linked you to it in this thread. However, it's been up and going for around a week now, and I've hit 60 downloads, I assume mainly to friends and people of here.

Obviously, I want everyone with an interest in retro video gaming to have a flick through, I mean I really would hate for it to have just sat on the hardrive. Now, of course there are many who don't give a poop about this kind of thing, but those people are welcome to not worry ha!

After thiskidplaysgames.com, I no longer want to be pushy online, and the fact that the content isn't regularly updated I don't even have an exscuse to continuously badger on about a new post etc (thank god) However, how can I promote without being annoying?

This post imo is already annoying, and my internet presene is at an all time low, so - ideas?

RetroBob

Re: Internet kings, your help/advice is required

Post by RetroBob » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:54 pm

Just had a read through the Mega Drive article - nice work mate. I read your About page, you know if you want it printed, take a look at http://www.magcloud.com, that's what Ray Barnholt from Retronauts uses for his retro mag, Scroll (http://www.scroll.vg).
Xbox Live: RetroBob

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Ahh thanks mate, have actually just read through both MegaDrive and About pages just now, and cringed at some errors (cue version D).

As for MagCloud, - I've never heard of it, but am almost certainly going to place an order, one day. There is a printers on a road near my uni which prints magazines, so am going to comission a batch of 12 to be printed and will sell them off hopefully to cover my costs and guage interests. Again this is pressuming people would buy a print - I guess you don't know until you try ey!

In regards to scroll.vg I'd never actualy heard of that site, but man I'm glad I hadn't whilst designing my magazine, as some of his designs in that magazine are ace. Makes me want to start issue 2 haha, whihc funily enough has been requested twice now xD :D

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:10 pm

Just had a flick through, looks like you put a look of work in. Quite a good mix of all game genres and periods too. Good job!
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Thank you pratty, appreciate your support

Had an extra 30 or so downloads today, as Sjoerd from playstationcollecting.com did a few tweets for me :D

Has anyone from here had a look?
Also, if i was to get 25 printed at £5.50 delievered, would you buy one?

norm7446

Post by norm7446 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:46 pm

Just had a quick flick though. You have been a busy boy havent you. Nice to see article's on Retro Gaming writen by someone with the passion for the genre. Top Class my man. Will have to spend an Hour or so this weekend to ave a good read at it. I have alway's had a passion ( wasting good money, the the Misses say's on Magazines ) so put me down for a copy if you do get a print run done.
Rise from your Grave...

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:16 am

Busy?! Almost certainly!

Tahnk you for your positiveness, I'm overhwlemed by the respoonse to this magazine, not one has flat out said its censored, so i'm very happy.

Am going to set about pre-orders for the magazine, as have had a few more ask for copies (can';t afford to get 100 printed outright) Glad you like it though :D