Sir Jimmy Savile dies at home aged 84

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

thingonaspring

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile dies at home aged 84

Post by thingonaspring » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:13 am

Negative Creep wrote:Nice to know that The Scum isn't jumping to conclusions, and is waiting for the police report
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... thood.html
Those calling for the late Sir Jimmy Savile to be stripped of his knighthood, including the Sun, may well be wasting their time, as the Cabinet Office has revealed that individuals cease to hold the honour after they die.

Wil

Post by Wil » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:28 am

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:13 am

Negative Creep wrote:
Nice to know that The Scum isn't jumping to conclusions, and is waiting for the police report

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... thood.html
...much like a lot of posters on here :roll:

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:17 am

ReplayRetro wrote:
JazzFunk wrote: I could not believe what she attempted to do in that doc, simply the fakest, most obvious show of crocodile tears ever broadcast on British telly, it was embarrassing to watch. If Savile was as blasé about his molestation as everyone is saying he was, then pretty much everyone involved in the TV biz over the last 40-50 years is complicit in the matter to some small degree, including Esther.
Anyway, it's MAD, innit??!!! :o
in fairness Esther Rantzen is a vile disgusting woman, i'll put money on her being some kind of childmolester for sure! god knows how any generation found a redeeming quality in her
Not that I enjoy sticking up for Esther Rantzen, but in fairness to her she did say immediately after viewing the the footage that "we (as in, those who were all part of that TV celebrity collective at the time) were all complicit in this", because they had helped generate the infallible cult of personality that was Jimmy Saville.

And I think that's probably what brought her to tears - the realisation that she had played some part, albeit a very small and indirect one, in allowing Saville to get away with it. I say fair play to her for having the insight and honesty to realise and admit it.
CheDonJohn's Sale/Trade/Wanted/Giveaway thread

PSN ID, XBL Gamertag and Steam: CheDonJohn
Playfire profile

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:16 am

che_don_john wrote: And I think that's probably what brought her to tears - the realisation that she had played some part, albeit a very small and indirect one, in allowing Saville to get away with it. I say fair play to her for having the insight and honesty to realise and admit it.
maybe she should chuck her self off a cliff as penance?
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:52 am

ReplayRetro wrote:
che_don_john wrote: And I think that's probably what brought her to tears - the realisation that she had played some part, albeit a very small and indirect one, in allowing Saville to get away with it. I say fair play to her for having the insight and honesty to realise and admit it.
maybe she should chuck her self off a cliff as penance?
Probably half the population subscribed to the whole 'Jimmy Saville is a legend' thing. Personally, I made my mind up about the man after the Louis Theroux documentary. There wasn't anything in that to wholly suggest that he was a paedophile or a rapist; rather, he just came across as an irrational, egotistical, stubborn creep and a violent bully (especially when he thought the cameras were turned off!). And that was enough for me to really dislike him.
CheDonJohn's Sale/Trade/Wanted/Giveaway thread

PSN ID, XBL Gamertag and Steam: CheDonJohn
Playfire profile

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:25 pm

I just hope that they bring to book all those who turned a blind eye , knowing what they thought he was up to.

Sad really that it comes to this as he was a prominent figure to some and a legend to others -- how many people wanted to have a fix it when they were younger? - but it does seem that all this newly examined 'evidence' really is pointing in that direction. However pretending that something isnt happening doesnt make it go away - so those people who all contributed to the abuse of these girls by allowing it to continue should be dragged through court also - Mr Savile is not the only one involved directly or indirectly.

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:57 pm

Until the police report comes out, I'm staying on the fence.
I'm also going to continue to be amazed at how much folk will listen to what is possibly complete hearsay and defamation :V

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:07 am

I find it amusing that the usual 'Sun find maddie campaign' or 'missing girl turns up in stepdad's washing machine' haters are the ones who are all over Savile's face. There would seem to be deffo something going but the level of 'guilty until proven guilty' is shocking, especially from the soapbox crowd on here who are usually all about the 'we don't know anything yet, I hate this Jeremy Kyle society we live in' etc etc.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:41 am

koopa42 wrote:I find it amusing that the usual 'Sun find maddie campaign' or 'missing girl turns up in stepdad's washing machine' haters are the ones who are all over Savile's face. There would seem to be deffo something going but the level of 'guilty until proven guilty' is shocking, especially from the soapbox crowd on here who are usually all about the 'we don't know anything yet, I hate this Jeremy Kyle society we live in' etc etc.
Just the right mix of irrelevant issues, vague targets and incoherent rambling. Congratulations, that's a rant worthy of the very people you are ranting about.

You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:48 am

Oh I know.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:37 am

JazzFunk wrote:......?
LOL'd hard at this. :lol:

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:25 am

the_hawk wrote:
koopa42 wrote:I find it amusing that the usual 'Sun find maddie campaign' or 'missing girl turns up in stepdad's washing machine' haters are the ones who are all over Savile's face. There would seem to be deffo something going but the level of 'guilty until proven guilty' is shocking, especially from the soapbox crowd on here who are usually all about the 'we don't know anything yet, I hate this Jeremy Kyle society we live in' etc etc.
Just the right mix of irrelevant issues, vague targets and incoherent rambling. Congratulations, that's a rant worthy of the very people you are ranting about.

Haha :D
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:04 am

It’s one thing to judge a man before the evidence has been put forward (and I agree with that), but it’s another thing to bury your head in the sand. Even his family (who were last week defending him) have agreed to have his gravestone dug up and chucked into landfill.

The tabloids are making me laugh though - where were they when the crimes were happening?? They're oh so high and mighty now about the BBC, but none of them went near him when he was alive and they would have known about the allegations. Makes me sick.

The hypocrisy of the british tabloid media is unreal.
Last edited by greenberet79 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:20 am

There was a documentary a few months back about bbc television centre? I only watched 1 (out of the 3) episode, I meant to go back to it 'cos it was interesting, anyway, it did show one overwhelming thing ...... they were ALL in each others pockets, drinking in the onsite club, gossiping about each other etc, and even when Sir David Attenborough was the boss there was a bit where people were 'allegedly' stoned and his attitude was 'just keep it under wraps' etc.

I don't know if any of that is true but the docu was ON the BBC and it did smack of two things:

They would know exactly what was going on with each other (staff, actors, writers, fluffers)
They were more than happy to sweep things under the rug

I still say it's important to remember that people are innocent till proven guilty though