Bruce Forsyth

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

felgekarp

Re: Bruce Forsyth

Post by felgekarp » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:59 pm

Surely we need more people like Brucie on tv not less?
Splink!

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:23 pm

RetroAerosmith wrote:When you compare the amount of things bruicie has done compared to the kind of celebs these days i think he deserved the knighthood. 70 years in showbuisness is staggering really.
i think brucie and the ilk from 70s or 80s shows have a right to look down on flashinthepan celeb culture of this day and age.
one bloke from that era i cant stomach though is Paul Daniels he just reeks of contempt for his peers.
:? Did'nt he claim he'd leave the country if Labour (?) won the general election a few years back. :? They did...but don't think he did.

parappa

Post by parappa » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:51 am

I remember my mum made us all sit through awful michael barrymore chat shows, untill one day she informed us that she wouldnt watch him anymore as he had "revealed he was queer". Didnt mind him being gay but was grateful parents bigotry meant i didnt have to see the shows.

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:13 am

RetroAerosmith wrote:When you compare the amount of things bruicie has done compared to the kind of celebs these days i think he deserved the knighthood. 70 years in showbuisness is staggering really.
My grandad worked in the shipyards for almost 70 years, he didn't get a knighthood. I just don't understand the need for celebrities to get knighthoods, you'd think earning millions of pounds would be reward enough.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

scunny

Post by scunny » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:52 am

I read Justin Lee collins' autobiography and he mentions brucie and says he is a bit of a Cnut.

I saw him once in real life and he was being a Cnut also.

I therefore conclude he is indeed a Cnut.
XBL: RainMan 999
(Add me for some overwatch!)

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:49 am

One question to ponder is why did the Queen wait so long before giving him a Knighthood? The fact that she made him wait all these years, she can't have really wanted to dish one out to him in the first place. Was it all the public campains and media pressure that made her (or her advisers) give him one?
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:07 pm

I guess she's just pleased to see ballroom dancing back on telly. Somebody has to like it.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:12 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:I guess she's just pleased to see ballroom dancing back on telly. Somebody has to like it.
MrsCarlos loves a bit of Strictly......obviously it's crap but you can't argue with the outfits.

Sir Hilary Bray

Post by Sir Hilary Bray » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:56 am

Can't say I've ever watched any of his stuff for more than two minutes, I just write it off to him
being aimed at the elderly audience.