Bruce Forsyth

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

rossi46

Re: Bruce Forsyth

Post by rossi46 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:55 am

Liamh1982 wrote:
rossi46 wrote:Why? Do you have Tourette's?

:-) :-)
No - FUCK - I - BOLLOCKS - don't!

LOL

:D :D :D :D :D
Thoughts and prayers.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:12 pm

cronosoft.co.uk wrote:
parappa wrote:I used to hate light shows like Noel House, Generation Game as a kid. I wish we had things like Dr Who and Primeval back then. I would have liked that as a kid.
Unfortunately, I would love to see those back, now we have sh*te like the X-factor & Britain's Got Talent.
Nothing new there, even in Brucie's hayday we had Opportunity Knocks. Talent shows have been a staple of light entertainment since before television.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:17 pm

He gives me the creeps.

Although I quite enjoyed watching the Generation Game as a kid, I absolutely cannot watch him now. Just as well he's on things like Strictly, really, as they're not my cup of tea.

Commander Jameson

Post by Commander Jameson » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:20 pm

Rinoa wrote:He gives me the creeps.

Although I quite enjoyed watching the Generation Game as a kid, I absolutely cannot watch him now. Just as well he's on things like Strictly, really, as they're not my cup of tea.

Exactly how I feel too. He's currently invading my living room as my wife loves Strictly. He should have retired after the Generation Game, he's more of a caricature of himself now, like a running joke, he cracks those awful jokes, then has to tell the audience to laugh? Christ on a bike.

"Nice to see you, to see you....just fcking retire already."

parappa

Post by parappa » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:43 pm

second creepiest TV person after Jimmy Saville.

Dave300

Post by Dave300 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:13 pm

Brucie is a legend and it's long overdue that he was knighted! One of a dying breed of genuine entertainers in my opinion! PS my favourite Brucie show is Play Your Cards Right :D

The_Hobgoblin

Post by The_Hobgoblin » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Bring back Larry Grayson, and shut that door!

:P :lol:

Crunchy

Post by Crunchy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:35 pm

The Angry Jock wrote:Why do celebrities get knighthoods?
Aye, it's a waste of time.

Unless The Queen gets alzheimers and starts ordering her knights into battle in arenas of death for her amusement. They're supposedly there to defend her etc. As one of her loyal subjects I'd expect them to obey her orders even if it was proved her brain had shrunk to the size of a walnut and she was completely bonkers. In fact, I'd insist on it. I think I'd take to the streets to ensure it. I'd go to quite some lengths to see hasbeen decrepit celebs like Brucie hewing away at each other with swords and axes until there was only one winner. Lets see the chinny old git saying "Good game, good game!" when Roger Moore's trying to take his leg off with a spiked mace.

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:42 pm

When you compare the amount of things bruicie has done compared to the kind of celebs these days i think he deserved the knighthood. 70 years in showbuisness is staggering really.
i think brucie and the ilk from 70s or 80s shows have a right to look down on flashinthepan celeb culture of this day and age.
one bloke from that era i cant stomach though is Paul Daniels he just reeks of contempt for his peers.

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:46 pm

Crunchy wrote:Lets see the chinny old git saying "Good game, good game!" when Roger Moore's trying to take his leg off with a spiked mace.
I would definitely watch that on a Saturday evening.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:50 pm

The_Hobgoblin wrote:Bring back Larry Grayson
From the dead?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

themightymartin

Post by themightymartin » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:38 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
The_Hobgoblin wrote:Bring back Larry Grayson
From the dead?
He'd still look better than Bruce.
Xbox Live\Steam: themightymartin
3DS Friend Code: 5000-3656-8384
Zazzle Store: YonDer Designs

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:28 am

parappa wrote: I wish we had things like Dr Who and Primeval back then. I would have liked that as a kid.
Christ I never thought you were so old that you were a kid pre-Doctor Who :wink:

As for the comments about Brucie being a caricature of a TV presenter..... I think it's probably the fact that every light entertainment presenter who has appeared since Brucie started is basically copying a format and style that he invented.

Anyway, I don't really agree with celebs getting knighthoods for their TV work, but if they have done a lot for charity or something then fair play.

ulala

Post by ulala » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:59 am

I guess he was ok as a patronising gameshow host and sycophantic self styled "family entertainer" but has become a caricature of himself from the 80s onwards.

As a person the celebrity "gossip" regarding him is not at all nice. Off camera i imagine him to be a very rude and vile person. The marriage to a much younger former miss world also is most odd, but you cannot blame him for that. I am also not keen on people who sire children at an advanced age.

As with most celebrity knighthoods this is not really deserved - but if June Sarpong can get an MBE anything is possible. We know he is going to become an incredible knighthood bore now. Where is the off button?

delbert_trout

Post by delbert_trout » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:07 pm

Whilst I'm not a particular fan of him or his shows, I was actually quite chuffed for him to see him finally get something like this after he's been around all these years. After all, If a knighthood can be handed out to w*nkers like Mick Jagger etc, why not him?

I do love it when he turns up as the Have I Got News For You host occasionally, those episodes are hilarious :lol:
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.