retro gaming related survey - please help!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Liamh1982

Re: retro gaming related survey - please help!

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:24 am

1. Are you more interested in? A: Modern Gaming, B:Retro Gaming
B

2. What are your top five games of all time?
Super Mario World
Tetris
Pro Evo series
Sonic & Knuckles
Street Fighter II

3. Would you generally be interested in participating in a tournament with a cash prize for any of these games, with entry at £5 and a prize of around £150-200? A: Very likely, B: Likely, C: Possibly, D: Unlikely, E: Very Unlikely.
C

4. Do you compete in video gaming tournaments and competitions currently?
No

5. What are your top three classic favourite gaming sytems?
Saturn
Mega Drive
SNES

6. Do you own any of these original systems?
All of them and more!

7. If so how often do you play on any of these systems? A: Very Often, B: Regularly, C: Occasionally, D: Rarely, E: Very Rarely or Never.
B

8. When playing classic games which of the following do you prefer? A: The Original Hardware, B: Emulators, C: Mobile Phone.
A, although B is fine too.

9. What are your two preferred gaming genres? A: RPG, B: FPS, C: Sports, D: Strategy/Sim, E:Platform, F:RTS, G: Other.
C & G(racers, puzzlers, fighters)

10. How likely would you be to visit a comprehensive London-based museum dedicated to classic video gaming? A: Very likely, B: Likely, C: Possibly, D: Unlikely, E: Very Unlikely.
E - can't imagine me in that there London with my sense of direction!

11. How much would you be willing to pay for entry to this museum? A: £4 or less. B:£5-6 C:£7-8 £9-10
I'm not going!

12. For this price, how many playable systems & cabinets would you expect to see? A: 5-10 B: 10-15 C: 15-20, D: 20+
D - isn't it meant to be comprehensive?

13. Do you buy any of the following? A: Retro games, B: Consoles, C: Peripherals.
A + C - I'm not paying eBay prices for a NES or Mega CD or Atari!

14. Assuming the same price, which method would be your preferred choice to buy these items? A: Online, B: In a shop.
B - cos you can see it work before you buy it.

15. Are there any specific items that would encourage you to visit the store?
No - I AIN'T GOING TO THAT THERE LONDON, CHESTER'S A STRETCH ON THE MONEY I GET!!!

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:57 am

A

Unreal Tournament
EDF 2017
Final Fight
Slap Fight
Gears Of War 2

3. Would you generally be interested in participating in a tournament with a cash prize for any of these games, with entry at £5 and a prize of around £150-200? A: Very likely, B: Likely, C: Possibly, D: Unlikely, E: Very Unlikely.
E

No.

PC Engine, Saturn, Snes

All of them.

7. If so how often do you play on any of these systems? A: Very Often, B: Regularly, C: Occasionally, D: Rarely, E: Very Rarely or Never.
D

8. When playing classic games which of the following do you prefer? A: The Original Hardware, B: Emulators, C: Mobile Phone.
A

9. What are your two preferred gaming genres? A: RPG, B: FPS, C: Sports, D: Strategy/Sim, E:Platform, F:RTS, G: Other.
B, G

10. How likely would you be to visit a comprehensive London-based museum dedicated to classic video gaming? A: Very likely, B: Likely, C: Possibly, D: Unlikely, E: Very Unlikely.
B

11. How much would you be willing to pay for entry to this museum? A: £4 or less. B:£5-6 C:£7-8 £9-10
D

12. For this price, how many playable systems & cabinets would you expect to see? A: 5-10 B: 10-15 C: 15-20, D: 20+
B

13. Do you buy any of the following? A: Retro games, B: Consoles, C: Peripherals.
A, B, C

14. Assuming the same price, which method would be your preferred choice to buy these items? A: Online, B: In a shop.
B

Knowledgeable staff.
Splink!

themightymartin

Post by themightymartin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:11 am

B

Oooh that's a tough one! I can't really answer that, but here's my current top 5:

Smash TV (Arcade)
Doom 2 (PC)
Bulletstorm (Xbox 360)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)
PC-Genjin/PC-Kid/Bonk's Adventure (Pc-Engine/Turbografx-16)

C

Yes, but generally only small ones.

Super NES
Megadrive
Vectrex

Yes. All of them.

B

A

E and G

A. I think it's a fantastic idea!

11. How much would you be willing to pay for entry to this museum? A: £4 or less. B:£5-6 C:£7-8 D:£9-10

If all the systems and cabinets were freeplay, D.

Definitely D.

All of the above.

B.

Decent prices, and maybe a discount for RG readers :-)
Xbox Live\Steam: themightymartin
3DS Friend Code: 5000-3656-8384
Zazzle Store: YonDer Designs

witchfinder

Post by witchfinder » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:49 pm

1. Honestly, probably A: Modern Gaming

Bubble Bobble (arcade)
Wizball (C64)
Star Wars (arcade)
Rock Band 3 (PS3)
GTA: Vice City (PS2)

3. A: Very likely

4. I don't just compete in them, I organise them at most events! ;)

I assume you mean home systems...

Commodore 64
Megadrive
Neo Geo AES

6. Yes, all of them.

7. C: Occasionally

8. A: The Original Hardware (unless you're talking about arcade games, then it's MAME)

9. E:Platform, G: Other (where's SHMUPS?!)

10. B: Likely

11. C:£7-8

12. D: 20+ (you should have at least one of everything!)

13. All of them

14. B: In a shop. (I like to browse!)

Scantily-clad ladies? ;)
The 100k Challenge - 40 Arcade Classics. 2 MAME Cabs. 1 Average Gamer.
Mastertronic Chronicles - Mastertronic C64 Game Collecting and Reviews
My Youtube Channel (featuring Mastertronic, Funspot, REPLAY and more!)

retrogamingmuseum

Post by retrogamingmuseum » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:39 am

thanks again for all the replies. will let you know who wins the prize in due course!
London's only dedicated Retro Gaming shop - Retro Game Base 430 Streatham High Rd, SW16 3PX http://www.retrogamebase.co.uk http://www.facebook.com/retrogamebase

retrogamingmuseum

Post by retrogamingmuseum » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Thanks to everyone who responded. Chosen randomly from 34 responses on two forums the winner of the prize is helenification, who can now spend up to £25 in my ebay shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Retro-Game-Base , with over 600 games for sale. I will keep you up to date with the project as it progresses!
London's only dedicated Retro Gaming shop - Retro Game Base 430 Streatham High Rd, SW16 3PX http://www.retrogamebase.co.uk http://www.facebook.com/retrogamebase

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Just found out that I won this. Absolutely brilliant.

Thanks for the prize :D

TheBoingoBandit

Post by TheBoingoBandit » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:15 pm

retrogamingmuseum wrote:

Here are my answers...

1. Are you more interested in? B:Retro Gaming

Mario 3

Tetris

Sonic

3. Would you generally be interested in participating in a tournament with a cash prize for any of these games, with entry at £5 and a prize of around £150-200? E: Very Unlikely.

No.

NES

Master System

ZX Spectrum

Have a Spectrum but do not play it. Have owned the other two but gave them away.

7. If so how often do you play on any of these systems? E: Very Rarely or Never.

8. When playing classic games which of the following do you prefer? Either A: The Original Hardware or B: Emulators

9. What are your two preferred gaming genres? E:Platform G: Other: Driving games

10. How likely would you be to visit a comprehensive London-based museum dedicated to classic video gaming? A: Very likely

11. How much would you be willing to pay for entry to this museum? £9-10

12. For this price, how many playable systems & cabinets would you expect to see? D: 20+

13. Do you buy any of the following? A: Retro games, B: Consoles, C: Peripherals. None of the above!

14. Assuming the same price, which method would be your preferred choice to buy these items? N/A

15. Are there any specific items that would encourage you to visit the store? Rare consoles.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:11 am

EDIT: Whoops, scratch all that - just found out the competition's over. Didn't even know there was a competition!
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.