9/11 Ten Years On!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

r0jaws

Re: 9/11 Ten Years On!

Post by r0jaws » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:39 am

Unfortunately it's not just a few gullible net nerds who believe the conspiracy theories.
There are very many Arabs in Syria, Egypt, Jordan, North Africa and all over the Middle East who refuse to believe it was anything but a Jewish plot, supported by the American government.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:54 am

^ But what else is new, most people in that part of the world have had it in for the Jews for millennia (look at the situation in Egypt just now). Again, it's just twisting things to suit them.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:59 am

Cant hate the jews.
There comedians are funny

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:29 am

Sir Hilary Bray wrote:religion is for people who are scared of dying, and need to convince themselves that after they die, there
is something else, and they live again :lol:
I've been saying that for years. My parents go to church, they are getting old and they are the only people I don't say it to if the subject arises.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:49 am

Priests/Vicars/other sell after life insurance

James A

Post by James A » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:28 pm

psj3809 wrote:Terrible what happened that day. Still can't believe the wackos who think the US were behind it. If they somehow were there's no way in this day and age that they could keep it covered up. Al qaeda never said the US were behind it, if anything if they did it would cause more harm/panic. The only people who think that are the mentals who read a few websites and think they're true. Ridiculous
Al Qaeda planned the whole thing but Im going to get shoot down for saying this but i do think some in the US goverment knew what was going to happen and turned a blind eye because the after effects of what happend suited there needs.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:09 pm

James A wrote:Al Qaeda planned the whole thing but Im going to get shoot down for saying this but i do think some in the US goverment knew what was going to happen and turned a blind eye because the after effects of what happend suited there needs.
Seriously ? In this day and age, (eg wikileaks) there would easily be leaks of 'confidential' stuff even at the highest level, if there was someone who sent a message about 'let them do 9/11 as it'll make it easier to invade and get oil....' etc. Again if Al Quaeda actually denied it and said 'its your government behind it...' it would cause more havoc/chaos. We seem to nowadays live in a world where people shout 'conspiracy theory!' the second they dont agree with something. Also with the net anyone can now post their radical views and talk to more people with weird thoughts like that.

You seriously think the US government purposely knew about 9/11 but did nothing about it just to get oil etc ? Come on ! What next, the UK knew about 7/7 but let it happen for their means ? Perhaps Churchill knew about concentration camps but didnt do anything until later or something ?

I firmly believe the US didnt know about it, they wouldnt want 3000 people or so to die, as for conspiracies about the buildings, they can do all the 'tests' they want but no one knew what would happen if a huge airplane was flown full speed into a tower.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:10 pm

Conspiracy theorists are so retarded.

stvd

Post by stvd » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:21 pm

RetroBob wrote:Conspiracy theorists are so retarded.

Not as retarded as the folk who seem to dismiss the whole 9/11 incident as no big deal. :roll:

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Good thing I'm not one of them then!

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:23 pm

This is what bothers me - since 9/11 the terrorists have done nothing to compare - They are obviously well capable of getting a few nutters to strap a bomb to themselves and blow up trains, buses, tubes and buildings etc but ive always wondered how they could train people to fly a jumbo jet at 500+ MPH into such a small target with such accuracy?
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

r0jaws

Post by r0jaws » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:29 pm

They trained to fly in civilian flight schools in America. Just because they were repellent human beings, unfortunately it doesn't make them stupid or lacking in resources.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:32 pm

James A wrote:Al Qaeda planned the whole thing but Im going to get shoot down for saying this but i do think some in the US goverment knew what was going to happen and turned a blind eye because the after effects of what happend suited there needs.
Shut up you thought criminal, the government loves you and would never lie. You're either with us or against us! :wink:

Seriously though, I don't think the conclusive proof is there yet but I don't think the possibility of some inside involvement can be ruled out either. The Neo-Con PENAC "new pearl harbour" remark certainly indicates motive.

For a lot of people it boils down to "the government would never do that", but governments have done atrocious things all through history. No doubt any conspirators would have rationalised a sacrifice was necessary for the "greater good", for which pretty much anything can be justified by some twisted people.

As none of us know for sure what happened I don't see the harm in keeping an open mind, especially as blindly trusting the government is as dangerous as any perceived outside threat, if not more so. It's certainly fair to suggest that the tragedy has been crassly capitalised on, leaving a legacy of profit instead of peace.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:41 pm

my thoughts go out to the people who lost there lives in 9/11 r.i.p to all those :(
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

stvd

Post by stvd » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:45 pm

RetroBob wrote:Good thing I'm not one of them then!
Absolutely not, I wasn't implying you were! :D