For Sale/trade

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

freemonk

Re: For sale 360 Dreamcast games and wanted

Post by freemonk » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:59 am

I'll take Guilty Gear if it's still available.
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

Shinobi

Re: For sale and wanted, partically Battletoads and DD

Post by Shinobi » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:16 pm

I'm after good Gamecube Resident Evil 4 and Codename Veronica

Does anybody have the following as I gave up ever finding the damn things on Ebay

Commodore 16 games Ghost Town, G Man, Tomcat, House of Usher, Ninja Master,
Commodore 64 The Elidion (with the fairy, not the Lucasart game) Commodore 64 Myth Cartridge
Commodore User Magazine 1985 - 1986

Really want these snes games
Stone Protectors, Rushing Beat Run, Battletoads and Double Dragon, Combatribes, Pirates of Dark Water, Power Rangers lose or boxed

Can also trade the following 360 games for the cube games
Child of Eden
Alice Madness Returns
Deadly Premonition
Prince of Persia (The new one)
Sanwa Modded Staturn Virtual stick
Donkey Kong bongo's
Last edited by Shinobi on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

clarance

Re: For sale and wanted, partically want Snes BattletoadsDDr

Post by clarance » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Sorry, don't have anything for you, but House of Usher on the C16? Are you sure? Never seen it myself, or any reference to it. It's a C64 game isn't it :?
Death may be your Santa Claus.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:43 am

clarance wrote:Sorry, don't have anything for you, but House of Usher on the C16? Are you sure? Never seen it myself, or any reference to it. It's a C64 game isn't it :?
A friend gave me a Arinog advert(Ripped from his Magazine) years ago and it advertised Commodore 16 House of Usher coming soon..

The other games advertised on the page where
Out on a Limb
Tom Thumb
Skramble
Fruit Machine simulator type game
3D Time Trek
Time Pilot but under a different name

I know a few of these where released Scramble, Tom Thumb and 3D Time Trek, the Fruit Machine game sold for about £40 on ebay recently.. So maybe 'House of Usher' never did get a release.. I remember somebody in school was after it for years.. I just googled it but can't seem to find any information.. Funnily when checking Ebay I found a plus 4 Anco Thai Boxing that was only ever advertised as C64 only

Sixteen Plus

Post by Sixteen Plus » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:34 am

Shinobi wrote:
clarance wrote:Sorry, don't have anything for you, but House of Usher on the C16? Are you sure? Never seen it myself, or any reference to it. It's a C64 game isn't it :?
A friend gave me a Arinog advert(Ripped from his Magazine) years ago and it advertised Commodore 16 House of Usher coming soon..
I'm pretty sure I have ripped all the Commodore 16 game adverts including Anirog from the magazine scan DVD's, as I've been digitally touching them up for dedicated C16 retrospectives of their respective magazines. I haven't come across any mention of House of Usher coming soon. I've gone through every page in every Commodore magazine which covered the C16, whilst I was compiling the adverts.

Anirog did at least sometimes put details of new releases for different Commodore systems on the same page, notably the C64 and Vic20, the C16 usually had an advert page to itself. So could it be from a mainly C64/Vic20 advert page where a C16 version may have got a small mention of it coming soon? If so, that's possibly another one for the GTW page on plus/4 world.

Now if only I had kept that 1984 UK home shopping Christmas catalogue, it had cassette cover photos of Oceans Hunchback II, Kong Strikes Back, Daley Thompson's Decathlon and Roland Rat Race with the Commodore 16 logos on them, the release date was TBA but people could place orders, none of them were released. HB2 & KSB were mentioned in Commodore User and the cover scans for those two are on plus/4 world, I have no idea where they got them from. Decathlon later turned into Star Events so that isn't so much of a mystery, but Roland Rat Race is a total mystery as it was never mentioned in any magazines and I'm the only C16 owner who seems to clearly remember it from the shopping catalogue, which is why it isn't in the GTW section. For a C16 retrohead that's kinda frustrating :(

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:11 pm

Sixteen Plus wrote:
Shinobi wrote:
I'm pretty sure I have ripped all the Commodore 16 game adverts including Anirog from the magazine scan DVD's, as I've been digitally touching them up for dedicated C16 retrospectives of their respective magazines. I haven't come across any mention of House of Usher coming soon. I've gone through every page in every Commodore magazine which covered the C16, whilst I was compiling the adverts.

Anirog did at least sometimes put details of new releases for different Commodore systems on the same page, notably the C64 and Vic20, the C16 usually had an advert page to itself. So could it be from a mainly C64/Vic20 advert page where a C16 version may have got a small mention of it coming soon? If so, that's possibly another one for the GTW page on plus/4 world.

Now if only I had kept that 1984 UK home shopping Christmas catalogue, it had cassette cover photos of Oceans Hunchback II, Kong Strikes Back, Daley Thompson's Decathlon and Roland Rat Race with the Commodore 16 logos on them, the release date was TBA but people could place orders, none of them were released. HB2 & KSB were mentioned in Commodore User and the cover scans for those two are on plus/4 world, I have no idea where they got them from. Decathlon later turned into Star Events so that isn't so much of a mystery, but Roland Rat Race is a total mystery as it was never mentioned in any magazines and I'm the only C16 owner who seems to clearly remember it from the shopping catalogue, which is why it isn't in the GTW section. For a C16 retrohead that's kinda frustrating :(
I'd love to find that advert myself, all I knew it was around 1985 -1986 and he used to write games for the Vic 20, and he gave me the Adverts.. House of Usher was like a house with a guy walking to the house in the rain, and teh House looked like a face.. Maybe if we can get RG to interview Anco maybe they could tell us what happened to it..

I take it Out on a Limb got a release because I never saw that either

Shinobi

Re: For trade Pal Dreamcast Powerstone 2

Post by Shinobi » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:59 pm

Forgot to evilbay this with the rest, anybody want to swap a Super Famicom game for it:) (not sports RPG's) or Commodore 16 Ghost Town.. Also after a GBA with offical power supply

Sixteen Plus

Post by Sixteen Plus » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:02 am

Shinobi wrote:I take it Out on a Limb got a release because I never saw that either
Yeah that was released for the C16, but Trivia which Anirog advertised wasn't, and likely lost forever if coding had ever started.