Retro Gaming Revolution - 1st October 2011 - Chelmsford

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Do you think you will be attending this event?

Yes
46%
No
39%
Maybe
14%

Total votes: 28

firthmj

Re: Retro Gaming Revolution - 1st October 2011 - Chelmsford

Post by firthmj » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:57 am

russgalleywood wrote:Thanks Steve,

was really nice to meet you all,

wish I could have stayed longer but will do next year :)

Sorry to bore you about BBC's BoggyB!

Russ
Good to meet you both, and the others I spoke to.

Sorry for starting the BBC conversation!

Good to finally have an event within 1 hours travel, here's to more events in East Anglia!

Michael

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:55 am

Here is a short video that I did of the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3P_iwdu4Z0

carl_retrotext

Post by carl_retrotext » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:53 pm

Had a great time, thanks to everyone who was involved- nice to meet other forum members and see systems that I have ignored in the past.

Gorf really rocked, got up this morning and played defender, and I was back to normal :( , But I swear I rocked on the Jag version.

Hey Jagfest, dont forget that rock family tree idea we floated!

Thanks Starship for letting me set up too!

a pleasure to attend. :D

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:39 pm

Don't worry I won't forget!!! :D

I see the video I posted has spread like wildfire all over the internet already with a very positive reaction!

(except on AA sadly where they seem to be less than impressed)

LinkoVitch

Post by LinkoVitch » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:14 pm

Jagfest_UK wrote:Don't worry I won't forget!!! :D

I see the video I posted has spread like wildfire all over the internet already with a very positive reaction!

(except on AA sadly where they seem to be less than impressed)
Why do you constantly try and stir?

There have been no negative comments on the video or the event posted at AA, I even just checked to make sure I hadn't missed some new ones.

Other people have access to the forum so can see for themselves, so it seems kind of silly to fib about such things.

I am glad it went well Starship, maybe given you a taste to do more of the same in years/months to come? :)
--
/
/_inkoVitch

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:19 pm

If only that were true. I have stayed out your business (and that of your associates) for a long time now, shame I can't say the same about any of you.

It really is very sad the way people still persist in stalking me and talking about me all the time in places I don't hang out. You really are looking at the wrong person if you think I have any wish in getting involved in all the bullshit drama in the Jag scene.

I was really happy with the way this event went. The attendence was far better than we expected and everybody who attended was fantastic. RGR was exactly what a retro event should be, lets hope there will be many more to come.

LinkoVitch

Post by LinkoVitch » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Jagfest_UK.. believe what you will, I am not getting dragged into a pointless 'debate', anyone who cares can find out everything they want with a few clicks anyway. I only linked the vid as people are keen to know about the new Jag game, so far I haven't seen anything about it keen to know more.

Everyone else, thumbs up, etc etc.. lets see some pictures :)
--
/
/_inkoVitch

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Excellent little event Steve, credit to you and Rinoa for making it run so smoothly. Really enjoyed it,I think the pub had a good day for takings too :D certainly tried my best.

Highlights:-

"Warlords" competition (even though I sucked at it)
beer
Defender on the Jag
Introducing my friend's kid to SOR2
beer
fifa street and far cry instincts vs boggy junior on the xbox
seeing boggy, matt, jag, samwise and of course starship and rinoa

Lowlights:-

Getting whipped by Boggy jnr at fifa!
No spectrum :wink:
no crisps in the pub
too much beer
forgetting my bloody camera!
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

Neilos626

Post by Neilos626 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:31 pm

was a great event, brought my brother along and he loved it also. We got a bit competitive on ISS deluxe lol. I hope another event can be organised at the same venue. The pub also served decent beer which was a bonus!!
Flux Capacitors wanted email MartyMcFly1985@greatscott.net

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Removed at request of author
Last edited by The Laird on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Svenski

Post by Svenski » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:50 pm

Looks like it was a great event, so a big thumbs up for Steve and hopefully it will be the first of many.

As for some of the comments about there being or not being a new Jaguar game on exclusive demo at the event, it is not my place to say what it is or why things didn't go as planned, I will just say that it was not Jagfest_UK's fault and leave it at that. He certainly doesn't deserve any flak over it.

I see JagFest_UK has posted a screenshot and I'm sure the developers will post more details, when they're ready - but will probably be a bit more cautious now :mrgreen: . Hopefully some people at the event got to see the Atari Jaguar in a whole new light, after being able to get down and dirty with it.

@Linkovitch : Great to hear you are working on a new game, best of luck with it.
Atari User Magazine http://www.atariuser.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atari 2600,5200,7800,1200XL,800XL,130XE,Jaguar, 520STfm, 1040 STE

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:09 pm

I'd just like to echo all the sentiments of everyone here and say a big thanks to Steve and Kayleigh for a cracking event.. Mini Boggy and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Great to meet fellow forum Members old and new, and to meet new people who were all nice folk.

Pub was good, beer looked nice, live footie at 3pm on a Saturday is an excellent addition.. ;)

Thanks to jd and Matt B for being game fodder for Mini Boggy.. ;)

All in all a great event.. Great thing for me it was only an hour from home..

Also thanks to Jagfest and Blockhead for getting me into the Jag.. Never realised how enjoyable it was to play.. Quite impressed with it..

Cheers

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

LinkoVitch

Post by LinkoVitch » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:12 pm

So was the game not shown? I was only looking for video/pics of it to see what it was as I couldn't make the event. I had no idea if it was there or not. Shame if it wasn't.

@Svenski. cheers, although what I plan to release at this time isn't a game, there are plenty in the works :D I *may* have something at R3play, but not really planning to, just helping out there. eJagfest is where I am aiming to be ready for.
--
/
/_inkoVitch

StarshipUK

Post by StarshipUK » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:21 pm

Just a quick post to thank all who came along and everyone who helped out to make this a fantastic and stress free relaxed gaming event. The big events are good, but I really do enjoy these smaller pub based gatherings.

Special thanks go to Rinoa for helping me set up and pack away all the kit. Also to Jagfest_UK for bringing his impressive Atari Jaguar collection, the Atari ST and Lynx and to help spread the word about the event. Also to Blockhead for creating a fantastic website and updating it and for bringing the impressive fignition along with a Game he had written - Sorry I never got a chance to talk more or say goodbye, but guess you left when I popped home to pick up the RockBand kit. Also to sierrra_online_fan for the lift home, which was really appreciated. Also to Greyfox for creating an excellent logo which was used on some leaflets which were distributed to the Local Takeaways in Chelmsford. Also to retrogamefest for getting a worse score than mine on Gorf :lol: . And again to everyone who showed up to make the event what it was and anyone I may have forgotten.

It was far busier and got busy much earlier than I expected. I was originally told the section of the pub should hold about 50 people, but seemed a bit crowded with just 20 people. I also apologise about the crisps (also saw this mentioned on another forum). I think the pub was a bit surprised by the amount of people which showed up. If I do another one I think it would have to be somewhere bigger and more spacious, which will also be better for 2 player and 4 player gaming and allow a presence for the Spectrum and N64 which people asked about. It will probably be over 2 days with Saturday as a main day and Sunday as a chilled out day. Nothing confirmed at all yet but with the calender looking like:
Jan: Retrogamefest (Aldershot)
Feb: Nowt (but poor weather)
March: Nowt
April: South Coast Slam (Brighton?)
May: RV2012 4 Day-er (Oxford)
June: Nowt
July: Gaming Festival (Sheffield-ish)
August: The Videolympics (Manchester), Pinball Party? (Daventry?)
I have got March on my mind, which is about 5 months away.

If anyone knows a pub that would hire out a largish event room for free in return for a good days takings please let me know :D Until then the next event in the South will be run by retrogamefest at Aldershot in January.

Also If anyone has any photos from Saturday they could upload that would be fantastic :)
I'm gonna burn your house down. With a lemon.

StarshipUK

Post by StarshipUK » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Jagfest_UK wrote: I think my personal highlight was singing on Rockband in the evening and getting a 100% score :lol:
Just to add - This 100% score was singing the song "Gay Bar" :lol:
I'm gonna burn your house down. With a lemon.