BOOZE thread.

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

James A

Re: BOOZE thread.

Post by James A » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:22 am

Haven't touched a drop for about seven years due to a nasty case of alcohol poisoning. However at Sonisphere i had a 2 cans of Fosters and Budweiser. Tasted amazing but christ was i pissed after :D Now back off the booze again :D

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:53 am

Use to drink quite heavy, now I really dislike the stuff. My drink of choice used to be Carling, probably a bit chavvy for some people but there we go. Last time I got pissed was at my brothers wedding last year lol. I hate hang overs too. Pass.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:12 am

# I like beer, it makes me a jolly good fellow.

I like pretty much anything - but prefer beers (lager) then ale. Not really a cider drinker, nor shorts, spirits or wine - but as I say I'll drink 'em if you got 'em!

However, my beer days seem to be over - I get pretty bad indegestion and heartburn with the fizzyness. Ti's a shame, so I'm pretty much on the raod to being a Guinness-only man now (if I'm drinking a few pints that is).
Last edited by greenberet79 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:19 am

MediaCult wrote:I actually have a thing for asian beers. They're very crisp and fresh in their taste, so I can down a lot of them in a hot summer day.
Agreed! Chang, Tiger, Cobra, Asahi, Lao, Kirin, Kingfisher, Tsintao, YanJing, 333, Saigon. In the last year I've been to China, Vietnam and Thailand and have to say their beer was top notch.

Saying that, they could have done with serving Marston's Pedigree!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

delbert_trout

Post by delbert_trout » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Real ales and whisky for me :) Ought to start buying scotch rather than my preferred bourbon whiskeys for indoors though - bourbon and JD is just too bloody nice and evaporates too fast!
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:56 pm

favourite alchahol? anything that gets me drunk cheapest! :D
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:22 am

My favourite tipple is Harveys Bristol Cream, usually chilled.

I occasionally drink it as a double mixed with double Woods 100 dark rum and equal parts of lemonade. It's a powerful drink and not one I can have many of these days.

Hard to imagine now that I used to have 6 or 8 of those a night without getting drunk.

Andy_2_cool

Post by Andy_2_cool » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:48 am

nom nom
*********************************************************************************

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:18 pm

I do sometimes like to drink, but unfortunately does not like me whether it be one, three or quite a few. I end up suffering with pretty bad balance and dizzyness to begin with so it kind makes me edgy especially near steps and stairs. I also suffer from Migraines that a after drink is like the worse than any hangover. So, I try to avoid at all costs, unless I can sense I'll be staying in the same place for most of the night and I can trust the people around and it's usually the same drink, mixing it makes it worse. But 9 times out of 10, it's none for me, I can get away with it by having lemonade and and sayings a dry martini and lemonade. I might add though that 'Tuborg' that you can get the Apollo gig venue in Manchester tastes a bit nasty on the first sip, kind of like a very bitter 'Fosters' - which I like. But after a couple, it will go straight to your head and you will feel like your coming down quick and ended up hungover, may be just me that it happens to

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:41 pm

rtrgrl78 wrote:I do sometimes like to drink, but unfortunately does not like me whether it be one, three or quite a few.
Tried different drinks? I find it tricky to hold cider/beer, but whisky I can drink no problem.
Just had some Drambuie, wonderful stuff. Nice and warming, especially on a night like this.

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:18 pm

QuantumCrayons wrote:
rtrgrl78 wrote:I do sometimes like to drink, but unfortunately does not like me whether it be one, three or quite a few.
Tried different drinks? I find it tricky to hold cider/beer, but whisky I can drink no problem.
Just had some Drambuie, wonderful stuff. Nice and warming, especially on a night like this.
Am alright just about with spirit drinks, such as Bacardi and coke, vodka and coke and don't mind a dry Martini and Lemonade. But I really have to space them out between non-alcoholic drinks. I can also manage; irish coffee and hot mulled wine at Christmas. Usually one is fine. So, most of the time I tend to stick to soft drinks, which is alright for me kind of makes me a bit hyper with all the sugar. It's annoying sometimes, as I don't mind a half a lager on outside a pub on nice day.