CEX trade in prices?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

station

CEX trade in prices?

Post by station » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:38 pm

I've encountered this a couple of times. I would've thought the price on the website is set in stone, but going into the shop three times, I've been knocked down quite a bit (45 - 30 quid on PSP and 37 to a truly miserly 20 quid for a boxed, complete Wii).
What with me being an ex-trading standards officer, I know this isn't right at all, but wondered if anyone else has had this problem?

Also, what does a PS3 80gb boxed and tidy, etc go for in private sale? Thanks!!

RetroRevival

Re: CEX trade in prices?

Post by RetroRevival » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:06 pm

80GB PS3, assuming it has not been opened and is in full working order, will fetch around the £100 mark.

As for CEX, their prices are not set in stone and do fluctuate between brances and depending on the time of day too.

I have been in there with a load of stuff which was more than was quoted on their site, so it works the other way around too sometimes.

astaroth

Post by astaroth » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:16 pm

IIRC they review and change prices on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Don't ask me why those two days but that's what i was told.

XFile2708

Post by XFile2708 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:19 pm

With DVDs and CDs I've found the prices to be spot on...

With hardware - the likes of Mobile Phones, MP3 players, Consoles etc - I believe prices vary depending on if the item is boxed and what condition they class the item to be in - ie. graded A, B or C... again im sure they're more fussy than we are with regards condition as it means they can offer the cheaper price... lol