The Retro Gamer Forums Musicians Thread

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

IronMaidenRule

Re: The Retro Gamer Forums Musicians Thread

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:02 am

gman72 wrote:I've done a movie end credits theme in techno for anyone that likes a beat and might fancy a listen. If you guys like it please leave a nice comment on my Sound Cloud page. Many thanks. :D

https://soundcloud.com/swampy101/techno-theme
Not my usual style of music but I did like that piano melody that runs through the song.

In a similar manner, my bands website is now live and has a video clip, more to be uploaded soon. I am the cool one with the guitar :D

http://www.sinnerssermon.com

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:55 am

Cheers for having a listen.
Glad to see you're not playing that bass with a pick. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:39 am

gman72 wrote:Cheers for having a listen.
:shock: Trying not to rise to the bait....but my instrument has two extra strings!!

Like listening to other peoples created music, generally more interested than the censored that record companies put out.

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:21 am

I'm not a musician, but one of my best friends is. Here's a link to his stuff. He started off just playing guitar, but he's been learning about production and programming the other instruments as well. It sounds really good to me, and I'm always happy to share his links!

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:44 am

thingonaspring wrote:I'm not a musician, but one of my best friends is. Here's a link to his stuff. He started off just playing guitar, but he's been learning about production and programming the other instruments as well. It sounds really good to me, and I'm always happy to share his links!
They are really good, just needs some vocals to finish them off.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:21 am

IronMaidenRule wrote:
:shock: Trying not to rise to the bait....but my instrument has two extra strings!!

Like listening to other peoples created music, generally more interested than the censored that record companies put out.
The hardest of all Fred's is in a band with a similar vibe to yours and he's a bass player too, he usually goes mental when I start moaning about playing the bass with a pick. :wink:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:44 am

gman72 wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:

The hardest of all Fred's is in a band with a similar vibe to yours and he's a bass player too, he usually goes mental when I start moaning about playing the bass with a pick. :wink:
:lol: Seriously :| I play the guitar, not the bass, I am the one who gets the ladies :D

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:40 am

:oops: my bad... I hope you always use a pick when you play :lol:

kelp7

Post by kelp7 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:18 pm

Always feel bad about spamming but seeing as there seems to be a thread for it (in a way):

Our label:

https://shinobicuts.bandcamp.com/

my own stuff (recent stuff is more mucking about but hoping to get back into things properly soon):

https://soundcloud.com/kelp7
MZ-80A Secrets
http://mz-80a.com

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:23 pm

gman72 wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:

As my Old Man says "You will always be two strings short of a proper musician."
Going Solo...................

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:18 pm

kelp7 wrote:Always feel bad about spamming but seeing as there seems to be a thread for it (in a way):

Our label:

https://shinobicuts.bandcamp.com/

my own stuff (recent stuff is more mucking about but hoping to get back into things properly soon):

https://soundcloud.com/kelp7
Nice and experimental... a bit Aphex Twin a bit SquarePusher... cool.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:24 pm

The Hardest of All Freds wrote:
gman72 wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:

As my Old Man says "You will always be two strings short of a proper musician."
:lol: OUCH!!

kelp7

Post by kelp7 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:20 pm

gman72 wrote: Nice and experimental... a bit Aphex Twin a bit SquarePusher... cool.
Thanks ! :) For a minute I thought maybe you were gman - one half of techno artists LFO!

Trying to do my own thing but inevitable to be influenced by the folks you mentioned i guess!!
MZ-80A Secrets
http://mz-80a.com

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:23 pm

kelp7 wrote:
gman72 wrote: Nice and experimental... a bit Aphex Twin a bit SquarePusher... cool.
Thanks ! :) For a minute I thought maybe you were gman - one half of techno artists LFO!
Yeah? Then you listened to the techno track I just uploaded to sound cloud and realised your mistake :lol:

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:59 pm

Bit more self promotion, my band website now has a few more videos uploaded, even a few with me doing guitar solos :mrgreen:

www.sinnerssermon.com