2011/12 Football Season chat (contains MOTD spoilers)

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

rebelstar

Re: 2011/12 Football Season chat (contains MOTD spoilers)

Post by rebelstar » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:02 pm

Well, look at the crazy folks at Inter. They got rid of their man after 5 (that`s five :) games.

On related note I wonder if The Special One v 2.0 will survive till next season...

Sir Hilary Bray

Post by Sir Hilary Bray » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:02 am

Torres scores, then gets sent off!

:oops:

He misses the Everton game, QPR, then Everton again in the league cup if I'm not mistaken, then back
for the Arsenal game.

Wonder if he will start against Valencia? was a stupid, stupid tackle.

supermario

Post by supermario » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:57 am

Man U draw busts my coupon - trust them to pick this week to lose their 100% record !

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has said he wants Carlos Tevez "out of the club" after the striker refused to play against Bayern Munich.

With City 2-0 down with 35 minutes left, Mancini wanted to bring on Tevez in an attempt to salvage the game.

But after the striker refused to play, Mancini said: "If I have my way he will be out. He's finished with me.

"If we want to improve as a team Carlos can't play with us. With me, he is finished."
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

ZXJacob

Post by ZXJacob » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:37 am

retrogamerdude wrote:Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has said he wants Carlos Tevez "out of the club" after the striker refused to play against Bayern Munich.

With City 2-0 down with 35 minutes left, Mancini wanted to bring on Tevez in an attempt to salvage the game.

But after the striker refused to play, Mancini said: "If I have my way he will be out. He's finished with me.

"If we want to improve as a team Carlos can't play with us. With me, he is finished."
Absolutely unbelievable - I could not believe what I saw last night. The man is a disgrace. 250K+ a week for 35 minutes. He is a typical example of what people hate about footballers these days. Last season he said he needed to go back to Argentina to see his family and missed a few games. He was pictured on holiday in the Canary Islands!!

Classy footballer on the pitch but shows a complete lack of class as a man, not only to his employers but also to the fans

Will be glad to get rid of him. :evil:

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:13 am

Tevez has never even tried to settle - five years in Britain and he still can't speak the language (yes it's difficult for some people but at least he should be able to get by). And now with Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli ahead of him in the pecking order, he's having one hell of a tantrum. Come January, I'd tell Corinthians "You can have him for nowt, not like we can't afford to give him away!"

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:28 pm

Personally I'd leave him in the reserves. If he doesn't want to play for City , then he can't play for anyone else. And if I were another club I'd refuse to have him,even on a free - you have to draw the line somewhere.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:09 am

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez is unhappy with how the club and media have portrayed his failure to come on as a substitute against Bayern Munich.
BBC Sport has learned Tevez feels his row with boss Roberto Mancini was about warming up and not a refusal to play.
The 27-year-old felt he was ready to play when asked to prepare to come on in the second half of the 2-0 defeat.
Tevez blamed "confusion on the bench" for the "misunderstanding" in a statement on Wednesday.
Manchester City have suspended Carlos Tevez after it was alleged he refused to appear as a substitute in the 2-0 defeat by Bayern Munich.
Tevez, 27, who said the dispute was a "misunderstanding", is banned until further notice for a maximum of two weeks while the club investigate.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15101604.stm
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:14 am

That's what happens when you tap players up, offer them more money than the Pope and force through transfers. With those rules you're going to get mercenaries. Tevez and City deserve each other. T0ssers!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:27 am

That's right, Man City are the only club in English football to have paid over the odds for a player. :roll:
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

TaranBFC

Post by TaranBFC » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:52 am

Probably blown totally out of proportion but nevertheless...
Fifa vice-president Jim Boyce has suggested Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez could be banned by football's world governing body after the striker allegedly refused to play for his side in their 2-0 Champions League away defeat to Bayern Munich.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/cha ... ball-fifa-

rapidly-greying

Post by rapidly-greying » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:40 pm

Any scottish football fans on here. I cant say i'm honestly say i'm a fan because by and large the football is terrible. It doesn't stop me loving my team though,no matter how much they bore me.

Old firm fans needn't answer,i have zero interest in their views of the game. I'll say this though,none of you have any chance of playing in england so get over it and think about improving your own bloody country.
Keith,Scotland 35,wife n 2 kids,Owned(or own)a NES,SNES,N64,GC,Wii,Gameboy,DS,360,Sega MD,DC+GG,Intellevision, C 64, ZX Spec 48k+,PS1,2+3.Fave games are Zelda,Mario,Leaderboard,Tomb Raider,Bombjack,Pilotwings,Ridge Racer,Ico,Everybody's Golf,DAFC fan.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:29 pm

TaranBFC wrote:Probably blown totally out of proportion but nevertheless...
Fifa vice-president Jim Boyce has suggested Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez could be banned by football's world governing body after the striker allegedly refused to play for his side in their 2-0 Champions League away defeat to Bayern Munich.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/cha ... ball-fifa-

Well, if it wasn't 'bringing the game into disrepute', I don't know what is.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

rapidly-greying

Post by rapidly-greying » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:49 pm

The first friday night spl game and dunfermline get humped 4 nil. Thank Miyamoto I didn't go.

Thats us second bottom and if it wasn't for our keeper we'd be rooted to the bottom as we're clearly the worst spl team in years.

To be honest though,i'm bored of it already(as I new I would be) and look forward to once again being a big fish in the pond that is the first division.
Keith,Scotland 35,wife n 2 kids,Owned(or own)a NES,SNES,N64,GC,Wii,Gameboy,DS,360,Sega MD,DC+GG,Intellevision, C 64, ZX Spec 48k+,PS1,2+3.Fave games are Zelda,Mario,Leaderboard,Tomb Raider,Bombjack,Pilotwings,Ridge Racer,Ico,Everybody's Golf,DAFC fan.

TaranBFC

Post by TaranBFC » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:33 am

Man Utd's David De Hea was spotted stealing and eating a doughnut in Tesco's :wink:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a3 ... ghnut.html

So much money a week and he can't fork out £1.19 for a Krispy Kreme!